Author Topic: Why don't you want to die?  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Why don't you want to die?
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »
For me, why do I want to stay on this rock and continue converting oxygen to carbon dioxide?

a few reasons:

Too much stuff I still want to do. Fly again (my PPL has not been current in almost 20 years) and even more than just to fly but to take flight in an aircraft either that I have built or better yet of my own design.

I want to see England and all of the UK. My bloodlines originate there and I have always wanted to visit her.

My children, Cailyn and James. My grandfather died when my father was 9 years old and I would never wish for my children to know a day when I wasn't there for them. That, and they're gonna have to change my diaper one day just as payback!

And my parents. I've been told one of the worst things in life is for a parent to have to bury their child, regardless of age. I'd rather spare them that burden if I have a say in it.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that no matter how crappy or desperate life, work, etc gets, I could never purposefully take my own life. There's just too much to stay alive for.

There have been days in the last 6 years that I wouldn't mind leaving to be with the two kids I lost.  Then I think of the two that are still here and I want to stay.  Funny how that works.  I like to believe that there will be a time when we'll all be together again.  No I can't prove it will happen, but I believe it will.  I guess that's faith.  I also believe that time won't matter then.  Until then I owe it to the two I lost and the two still here to be the best Dad possible and to live my life the best and fullest I can.  To do less would be to let all four of them down.  I won't do that.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: Why don't you want to die?
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
if i die young, all i ask is that i die happy. death is inevitable, so why fear it?
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb