Author Topic: views sticking  (Read 859 times)

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: views sticking
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 05:14:11 AM »
I have over the last few days logged a bit of time online in AH and enjoyed some hectic scraps when you need your head on a swivel.

It did confirm that it is not a hardware issue. My view hat switches were not stuck. I had the presence of mind on a couple of occassions when the view stuck to leave the stick alone and check the stuck view with the numbers pad on my keyboard. cycling the view on the keyboard cleared the problem so the view was definately not stuck on the hatswitch.

As for a solution, well I had upped my character rate in the CH Program manager to 60 (used to be 25). That made no difference, so I have now set it to 100. I'll post back when I have had a few more sessions

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 12:23:01 PM »
let us know how you make out. I been having the same problem but not as frequently as some.

My character rate is 50. CHCM 4.51

I do believe it is how CHCM sends the character rates to the game.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Thought I'd throw in that I'm using a CH rig and have had the same profile running on it since like forever. I really need to edit my 3rd mode for vehicles but I hardly ever run in them so it's not a priority. Anyway, I'm having trouble since the last couple of patches where my buttons will "stick". I've noticed it in views mostly but trigger buttons sticking has happened. I find bringing up the clipboard clears it but the problem does recur but not in a way that I've been able to duplicate. It just seems to randomly happen. The clipboard clearing it tells me it's not the stick or the profile but something AH related. This was not a problem in the past.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 04:12:04 PM »
I never tried to bring up the clipboard I'll try it next time to try and duplicate it and see if it clears the stuck key.

I just keep hitting the key till it goes back to normal.

I've also used the CHCM for as long as I can remember and this problem has just started in the last few updates.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 07:54:04 PM »
let us know how you make out. I been having the same problem but not as frequently as some.

The views at 100 seemed slightly strange when going from one view to another so I dropped the rate to 75. So far no problems at that which is interesting. I will take it down to 70 now and see what happens

Offline 2Niner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 08:27:39 AM »
I had the character rate set to max 150 and found that was to slow on the return from the input of what ever switch you used on the ch gear.   I lowered it to 100 and still had the same problem with the views sticking.  next I will lower it to 75 and see if that changes anything.

In the mean time I have experimented with programing all buttons from within the game as usb fighterstick, pedals and throttle.  so far I have have had no sticking Issues. but, unfortunately I cant program the salvo and delay drops like I can in the ch manager and have to type them in manually. 

I will try the suggestion of bringing up the map and seeing if that helps while I am using the Ch gear throught the Control manager.

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 08:41:05 AM »
I'll try 75 and see what that produces also.

2niner I will not give up my CHCM for I have far more than just salvo's and delay's. I have wing man ,vox channels,dot target for off line use to mane a few. I use the shift key for a-lot of my settings.

I have a KB that I can change the character rate on I'll have to do some experimenting with that to see if the KB can reproduce the stuck key.

Has anyone looked or posted this in the CH Hanger?
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks