Author Topic: Titanic everyday? Yep!  (Read 7052 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Titanic everyday? Yep!
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2011, 08:15:50 AM »
I love the new map setup, only 1 arena= lots of fights
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2011, 08:23:49 AM »
I love the new map setup, only 1 arena= lots of fights

logged in this Euro morning. 100 players + large maps = boring
now posting as SirNuke

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2011, 08:26:43 AM »
8 eastern...400+ and I made like 50 bomber kills  :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »

But we have both map types in rotation, large and small, so we will see any combination of numbers and map size once in a while.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2011, 08:35:05 AM »

LOL....they toss us the tiny map and now all you see are light fighters vulching all fields.
:bhead   <-- HTC
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:37:53 AM by Max »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2011, 08:40:40 AM »
Didn't take long for complaints to start, eh?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2011, 09:09:32 AM »
Didn't take long for complaints to start, eh?

having a large map during "off hours"  will kill off the remaining non-American players.   I hope it doesn't but the only thing that makes sense is to keep the boot option but swap the size of the map when the numbers call for it.

During the times we are talking about from 10am - 3pm GMT the player numbers go from  a low point of around 50 to 150 odd when the need for another arena kicks in.  The only other thing I can think of would be to move the reset back to 12pm central - 6pm GMT but without the caps and a large map things should be fine until you guys go to bed.   Then put the off hours small map rotation in from around 4am central to 12 pm again.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
I flew twice last night. Upped once in my PJ and killed 2 OTD buffs and a pony attacking field. There were 2 sets of 17s not 500 off the ground. They kamikazeed to kill all fighter hangers.

Upped an A-20 and got into a turning fight with a spit. After a few turns a 109 came in and shot my tail off.

Not much to impress me last night. There are many more nights ahead though. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 09:21:57 AM »
having a large map during "off hours"  will kill off the remaining non-American players.   I hope it doesn't but the only thing that makes sense is to keep the boot option but swap the size of the map when the numbers call for it.

During the times we are talking about from 10am - 3pm GMT the player numbers go from  a low point of around 50 to 150 odd when the need for another arena kicks in.  The only other thing I can think of would be to move the reset back to 12pm central - 6pm GMT but without the caps and a large map things should be fine until you guys go to bed.   Then put the off hours small map rotation in from around 4am central to 12 pm again.

While I do agree, I doubt we will see any kind of boot&switch again. Too much hassle with a single arena setup. We now just will have good days (small map) and bad days (large map) at off hours time. The prime timers will have it the other way around ;)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 09:41:38 AM »
Its too bad building maps is such a difficult and time consuming project. What we need now is medium sized maps.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 10:04:35 AM »

Quoted for truth.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »

they don't need to start changing maps at certain times, leave what we have be and see where it goes. it doesn't matter the size of the maps, if people don't want to fight they wont if they do they'll find the fights.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 10:17:17 AM »
it doesn't matter the size of the maps, if people don't want to fight they wont if they do they'll find the fights.

Unfortunately as a group people do not act this way. And thus you can see a big difference in the behaviour of the same group of people on a map with low player density compared to a map with higher density.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19:34 AM »
having a large map during "off hours"  will kill off the remaining non-American players.  

Not a bad result really.  They should be focusing their effort on the US market.  The additional revenue that comes in from overseas players could easily be made up with a little more marketing and by not running off US customers due to afflicting them with special circumstances designed for a group which is a minority (and usually has laggy connections to boot).  

I know that sounds harsh, but it is my honest opinion.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »

:rofl Without a doubt...

:cheers: Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear