Author Topic: Titanic everyday? Yep!  (Read 6966 times)

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
Re: Titanic everyday? Yep!
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2011, 08:29:02 PM »
 :x :banana:

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2011, 10:37:32 PM »
Megahorde = Organized attack

Being in another country not thrilled to see Bish or Rook large numbers but I have to respect the people who organize the members into those missions.  :salute 

Used to be one of them (but still a Knight) back in the MAW days. Been flying since AH began and the MAW came over from AW. Funny to see people upset about the large numbers. Makes me wonder where they go when they login. To an empty base? If AH2 was not about capturing or destroying bases, then it would look like the WW1 arena with 3 bases to up and furball. Talk about a horde. These maps are so big I don't know how anyone can complain about megahordes. Lots of other places to go.

I have no issues with "organized" hordes that pop the double dar bar saying "here we are..I dare you". Thats the few times the adrenaline really gets going in this game. Even in the "unorganized hordes" Where a country just finds feilds of oppurtunity to roll over, you can have a great deal of fun with easy targets that you can mostly gaurantee are going to be easy targets being that they are always heavy with ords.
I just absolutley despise the "organized NOE" missions and Im glad they arent running rampant lke they were back then. Something about it is just so sissy like. Kind of like girl slapping the biggest guy in the bar. running away and then gloating how much you PWNED in a fight :old:
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2011, 02:51:30 AM »
NOE is great - wish there were many many more of them.  Love to fly them.  Love to fight them.
Astonishes me that so many whiners can't find anything better to do than complain about people having fun - fun that those people are happily paying for.  Why should they be stopped?  Because they won't play the way you want them to?

Taking away peoples fun won't suddenly make them want to play with you in your small sandpit with your small rules.  They'll just leave like the couple of thousand that have already over the last year or so.

Saw two hordes yesterday.  One was a horde of PT boats and the other a horde of Ju87s.  That kind of thing must be stopped!  Won't somebody think of the children?
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2011, 03:19:35 AM »
NOE is great - wish there were many many more of them.  Love to fly them.  Love to fight them.
Astonishes me that so many whiners can't find anything better to do than complain about people having fun - fun that those people are happily paying for.  Why should they be stopped?  Because they won't play the way you want them to?

Taking away peoples fun won't suddenly make them want to play with you in your small sandpit with your small rules.  They'll just leave like the couple of thousand that have already over the last year or so.

Saw two hordes yesterday.  One was a horde of PT boats and the other a horde of Ju87s.  That kind of thing must be stopped!  Won't somebody think of the children?

Wasnt it you that sent out an Emergency broadcast system alert not too long ago inquiring to HTC about a country getting ganged by the other 2 sides and how awful it is for gameplay? YES i remember, I was having such fun thrashing at someone elses expense. Thanks for taking away my "fun"
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2011, 03:32:19 AM »
Still, I think there should be two LW arenas with no cap in either.  

One map Big.  One map Small.  Got a complaint?  This ends them all.

:aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »
I used to get ripped from the oldtimers when I challenged caps.

Allz I gotz to say iz  :banana:

Still, I think there should be two LW arenas with no cap in either.  

One map Big.  One map Small.  Got a complaint?  This ends them all.

I'll be in the back if anyone needs me.   :aok

Yes and call it "The Toolshedding Arena" since that will be the only players in it.  And make sure it has a different scoring system, since there is no reason an arena with 400+ players should be scored the same as one that will average 20 players.  :aok

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2011, 09:09:05 AM »
Wasnt it you that sent out an Emergency broadcast system alert not too long ago inquiring to HTC about a country getting ganged by the other 2 sides and how awful it is for gameplay? YES i remember, I was having such fun thrashing at someone elses expense. Thanks for taking away my "fun"

Nope.  You didn't read what I wrote then, or if you did, you didn't understand it.  You certainly don't "remember" anything.  Admittedly it contained zero detail for you to understand simply because it wasn't addressed to you, meant for you, or even relevant to you.  I will fill in some of the background detail of what was happening back then so you can fit it into your cosmic all.

On the country channel, for the side I was playing with that day, there was an enormous amount of abuse directed at HTC generally and HiTech himself specifically.  There was lots of nastiness out there.  It was foul.  It wasn't out of line letting HT know that he was being talked about.  I was enjoying myself playing - having quite a good time with the game play in fact.  I would have loved for the game play to continue as it was.  I simply alerted HT to the situation that was arising out of respect for him/them.  Any and all actions he took were his own, influenced not at all by me.  If he ruined your fun, that was his decision.  You're misinterpreting at best.

My post in this thread is all about making the point that you don't retain existing customers by taking things away from them, especially things that they enjoy.  In business, it is far more expensive to win a new customer than it is to retain an existing customer.  If you have a desire to change the balance of player effort, it is better to do so with carrots than with sticks.  There have been a number of changes (some now reversed) that have clearly been greeted negatively by the broad playing base.  Most never come to this BBS.  Why would they?  It's just as easy to take your money elsewhere. They say nothing and leave.

Negative crying on this BBS to end NOE, hordes, sneaks, easy base capture, map resets, low bombing, high bombing, mass bombing, suicide bombing, furballing, is as endless as it is tiresome.  There was even a recent post asking for an end to new additions to the plane-set! 

Truth is that if you want to fight alone it's easy to do.  If you want to avoid a horde it's easy to do.  If you want to ignore base-capture it's easy to do. If you want form a horde it's getting easier to do. If you want to avoid furballing it's easy to do and all that without impacting on the broad player base.  If you're worried about some horde coming in and taking your base - don't panic!  They won't/can't take them all.  There's always another.  Goodness gracious you could even have a go at taking one of theirs while the horde is busy elsewhere.  There is absolutely no need to stop other people doing things that bring them reward simply because you can't or won't get into it.

I'm not picking on you or looking for an argument with you.  Your post about NOE and how you despise them and their sissy like qualitys and bar-room girl slapping is clearly a masterful troll.  Congrats you got a bite and I get a chance to make a point.  Well done and thanks.

I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2011, 09:15:30 AM »
I flew in MW a bit then went to LW. I tried upping at a base that had a vHord but they kept trying to vulch me. My last attempt one finally made contact and got me as I started rolling. I went to next base, flew in, and ended up landing 5 scalps.

All you have to do is get airborn to deal with most hords.

I had fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2011, 09:35:23 AM »
I flew in MW a bit then went to LW. I tried upping at a base that had a vHord but they kept trying to vulch me. My last attempt one finally made contact and got me as I started rolling. I went to next base, flew in, and ended up landing 5 scalps.

All you have to do is get airborn to deal with most hords.

I had fun.

Hehehe. I saw numbers in EW last night (still some of my favorite plane matchups).  There were 16 bish, 2 nits (plus me) and 3 rooks.  There were 16 V-dudes...
Saw nit base flashing, three of us slapped them back.  I had maybe 8 kills, but didn't land any due to collisions. After those fun 20 minutes, they stayed in the tower for at least 60-90 minutes. I finally logged after a couple of little fights with others who upped to actually fight.  I wonder how many bases they took after I left.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
Yes and call it "The Toolshedding Arena" since that will be the only players in it.  And make sure it has a different scoring system, since there is no reason an arena with 400+ players should be scored the same as one that will average 20 players.  :aok

Oh, that's right.  There is a scoring system.  I forgot.
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »
Hehehe. I saw numbers in EW last night (still some of my favorite plane matchups).  There were 16 bish, 2 nits (plus me) and 3 rooks.  There were 16 V-dudes...
Saw nit base flashing, three of us slapped them back.  I had maybe 8 kills, but didn't land any due to collisions. After those fun 20 minutes, they stayed in the tower for at least 60-90 minutes. I finally logged after a couple of little fights with others who upped to actually fight.  I wonder how many bases they took after I left.

thats when you bring a squad in there and chased the girls around, if they attack the other country your not on then change countries, i dont understand what kind of thrill you get from taking bases when theres no one online for that country ( or 1 or 2 players) to defend.   
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
thats when you bring a squad in there and chased the girls around, if they attack the other country your not on then change countries, i dont understand what kind of thrill you get from taking bases when theres no one online for that country ( or 1 or 2 players) to defend.   

Can't chase them if they just stay in the tower until you leave.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
Can't chase them if they just stay in the tower until you leave.

lol that takes the cake it really does, i mean how afraid can one be of dying in a Cartoon plane, is score that important that you must avoid real people to acheive some greater cartoon pilot glory. maybe that's why they fly against no one or when the odds greatly favor them. i see it as being afraid to learn the game.  PM me sometime when its happening I'll round up people that will actually fight.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2011, 02:30:15 PM »
Wouldn't having the score obsessed players milking in another arena be a good thing for the majority of players that don't give a rats 6?
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: June 15, 2011, 03:06:31 PM »
Wouldn't having the score obsessed players milking in another arena be a good thing for the majority of players that don't give a rats 6?

It would be kind of silly for the two arenas to have the same scoring though.  I don't think it would be a bad idea to "offer a choice" even though in reality, the arena with the better map will be where everyone flies and the other will be left a ghost town.