Author Topic: Titanic everyday? Yep!  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Titanic everyday? Yep!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 03:03:10 PM »
While I'm not glad to see the decline in numbers, I am VERY glad to see the return of one arena!

If I can manage to do it without being crucified or castrated by my wife, I will resub Monday :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:15:54 PM by Belial »

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »
all you disappointed folks come to midwar.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
"Pyro"
Starting today at the 4pm switchover, we are going to change the arena format to go to a single late war arena. Due to  the current economic downturn our main arena play numbers no longer justify a second late war arena and we'll be dropping the 2 arena system until such time that it is again needed.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the game now, it's the same game as it always had been with a few improvements.  I think the reason for the lower numbers may be the decade long members are starting to burn out.
I found this game through a referral from my brother..

I bet alot of people found this through the old commercial though, have there been any thoughts on another commercial?
Also I think sponsoring a fly in weekend such as the WW2 weekend Reading PA just had would really get your target audience interested.

Come fly aces high the worlds premiere WW2 combat experience 2 weeks free no credit card needed...echoing across airports around the country.
Something along these lines?

Offline tf15pin

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »
I think Belial has a pretty good idea there. Throw in a demo tent where people can put in a quick sortie and some "Aces High Girls". With as much as television advertising costs this might be a pretty cost effective option.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:18:41 PM by tf15pin »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »
As one who has and still is suffering financially because of this economic downturn it saddens me to hear that it has affected HTC as well.  I sincerely hope it improves for all of us, because there is not enough room at the homeless shelters for the entire nation. :uhoh

With that said, TITANIC TUESDAY EVERY NIGHT!  WOOOOHOOOOO! :banana: :x  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 03:37:43 PM »
As one who has and still is suffering financially because of this economic downturn it saddens me to hear that it has affected HTC as well.  I sincerely hope it improves for all of us, because there is not enough room at the homeless shelters for the entire nation. :uhoh

With that said, TITANIC TUESDAY EVERY NIGHT!  WOOOOHOOOOO! :banana: :x  :aok

Y'all are not reading all of the quote:

Due to  the current economic downturn our main arena play numbers no longer justify a second late war arena

It's not so bad.....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 03:39:13 PM »
Y'all are not reading all of the quote:

It's not so bad.....

What'mI, chopped liver?  :D :P

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314592.msg4079688.html#msg4079688

Top of the previous page!

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
See how its goes, but after 10 years here......guess I might be gone. Low end systems like mine{and no I can afford another thank you) TT like arenas kill my computer, thats why I dont play on TT :furious :mad:

You've been around for awhile.  If you can play in a current (split) arena with around 200 players,  the extra 100/150 isn't going to drag your computer down very much at all.  If you have issues with frame rate, start a thread in the hardware and software forum.  There's plenty of folks that will help you squeeze every ounce of power you can get out of your machine in there.  You may have an underlying issue that is slowing ya down.  Give it a chance before writing it off wholesale.   :salute
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 03:44:45 PM »
I had only cancelled my account a few days ago. Now HTC finally brought back the single late war main! Coincidence?

On a serious note: This is by far the best thing that could happen. Aces High's main appeal to me was the fact that it was a truly massively multilayer online game, no other game in the genre can support 800 player servers so when HTC introduced the cap system the game lost its appeal and part of me died inside.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »
I think Belial has a pretty good idea there. Throw in a demo tent where people can put in a quick sortie and some "Aces High Girls". With as much as television advertising costs this might be a pretty cost effective option.

I've been saying this for years....  We NEED an Aces High booth at EAA Airventure in Oshkosh, WI.  I've been there a number of times, and am always surprised by the number of warbird enthusiasts that have no idea that AH exists.  Case in point...  I was talking to a rep for a small company that developed a flight sim (booth) for use at flight schools.  Their flight model was all out of whack (C172).  I mentioned that they should check out AH and get an idea of how the "feel" is in game.  He was shocked when I explained what the game was and was excited to try it out.  I don't know if he's a paying member now, but that just goes to show ya that too many people that would greatly enjoy what we all are lucky enough to experience simply don't know about the game.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2011, 03:46:04 PM »
jager, try 150-200 extra players...watching prime time lwo and lwb numbers last week...450-500 between the 2 arenas...it is squeaker season and depending on the map being used, the hordes are going to be numerous.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »

I know I would have signed up sooner if I had some hot Aces High chicks motion me into a tent while asking how good I am with a joystick.   :joystick:
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2011, 03:53:17 PM »
jager, try 150-200 extra players...watching prime time lwo and lwb numbers last week...450-500 between the 2 arenas...it is squeaker season and depending on the map being used, the hordes are going to be numerous.

150-200 is still ok.  As you know, his front end doesn't render all of the people in the arena at the same time.  If his FR is dumping in a furball, but is ok most other times, he'll probably be ok.  There's lots of ways to fix a low frame rate.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
The next evolution of HTC....the GIGAHORDE!!!!  I love it...more targets and less bus driving to get to a fight.   Now the fight will just be raging non-stop!!

WTG HTC!

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba