Author Topic: The H2H will be back again?  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
The H2H will be back again?
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »
Hi

By Pyro

"Arena Change
« on: Today at 11:58:51 AM »
Starting today at the 4pm switchover, we are going to change the arena format to go to a single late war arena. Due to  the current economic downturn our main arena play numbers no longer justify a second late war arena and we'll be dropping the 2 arena system until such time that it is again needed. 

Additionally we are currently developing user spawned arenas to serve as an expanded and HTC hosted version of the old 8 player H2H.  The introduction of this feature will also lessen the need for a second late war arena."

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,314590.0.html

Nice one, but lets see the H2H terrain specifications first :)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: The H2H will be back again?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:06:13 PM »
 :rock :rock :rock
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 09:10:17 AM »
Nice one, but lets see the H2H terrain specifications first :)

If I remember correctly, H2H specs were MUUUUCH less restrictive than MA specs. Closer in line to AvA, and I don't even think they were THAT strict.
Also, I remember HTC talking about new H2H rooms months ago, and I'm pretty sure they mentioned the room limit is quite likely to be higher than 8.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »
In the old H2H the player that was hosting controlled all the arena settings. If we will still be able to use custom terrains I'm ready to start buildin'!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:09:34 PM »
I think you'll get to pick from what HTC hosts. It will be HTC's servers hosting the rooms, and I'm guessing just granting temporary CM status to the person that "runs" the room.

I don't think you can specify a map. There would be too much turnaround time by HTC staff to review the millions of nearly identical maps with poor field placement  :D

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
I think you'll get to pick from what HTC hosts. It will be HTC's servers hosting the rooms, and I'm guessing just granting temporary CM status to the person that "runs" the room.

I don't think you can specify a map. There would be too much turnaround time by HTC staff to review the millions of nearly identical maps with poor field placement  :D

Arena maps are tad too big for the 8 player usage.

If HTC is not allowing a old style h2h maps, which I can understand, then few scaled official h2h maps would nice to have.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 05:29:21 PM »
does the terrain editor allow you to put in air spawns? 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 07:42:34 PM »
does the terrain editor allow you to put in air spawns? 

Yes.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
Arena maps are tad too big for the 8 player usage.

If HTC is not allowing a old style h2h maps, which I can understand, then few scaled official h2h maps would nice to have.

I agree there, but I doubt they'll have "HTH" only maps like we saw a boatload of previously. I think they might give you a selection including smaller maps (baltic, SFMA, Dueling Arena, etc) and you just localize your action to one area of these small maps.

That's just a guess, mind you, but it's logical.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 11:29:58 AM »
Now that are some good news;)

(sorry for bumping an older thread)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
Thanks, I missed that.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »
I agree there, but I doubt they'll have "HTH" only maps like we saw a boatload of previously. I think they might give you a selection including smaller maps (baltic, SFMA, Dueling Arena, etc) and you just localize your action to one area of these small maps.

That's just a guess, mind you, but it's logical.

Even with "HTC approved h2h maps" a new h2h will be a excellent tool for the squads for the training and pure fun.

But...

For me personally, the beauty of the past h2h was the freedom of the map creation. You could build a very specific maps with your own 3D models.
Unfortunately someone/s were taking an advance from that freedom and ended fun for many good people :mad:

Well, lets see what all mighty HTC will come up within two weeks...

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
The upcoming terrain upload system is supposed to automatically check the terrain.

There is a new terrain uploader ready that does version control and checking on your terrains, then it uploads all that is needed to our servers.

After which you or anyone else can use the terrain, but only you or us can modify it.

HiTech

Apparently, anyone who builds a terrain that passes this automatic test can upload it for their custom arena.

One thing that is not clear yet is if this will only apply to the custom arena server or if it will replace the current approval process for the SEA and AvA servers as well.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:30:39 PM by jimson »

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »
The upcoming terrain upload system is supposed to automatically check the terrain.

Apparently, anyone who builds a terrain that passes this automatic test can upload it for their custom arena.

One thing that is not clear yet is if this will only apply to the custom arena server or if it will replace the current approval process for the SEA and AvA servers as well.

Thanks for the update  :)