Author Topic: Due to  the current economic downturn...  (Read 2907 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Due to  the current economic downturn...
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »
.... and due to the fact that - graphic wise - the sim stopped its development 6-8 years ago ......

Heck, my beloved Macchi C.205, so beautiful 8 years ago, now is simply horrible.

They've made a plane uglier over the years? REALLY?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »
We just need to put "Free beer" on a commercial for AH - and so as not to get charged with false advertising, give beginners a free beer in game  :lol
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »
.... and due to the fact that - graphic wise - the sim stopped its development 6-8 years ago ......

Heck, my beloved Macchi C.205, so beautiful 8 years ago, now is simply horrible.
I don't find this the case at all,I'm not subscribing ATM because my laptop don't keep up anymore and i cant afford a new PC,HTC buys me a new PC and i will be in them virtual sky's faster then you can say picktard.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »

The Macchis need to be updated, along with others, but there has certainly been improvements over the last 6-8 years.  Look at the C-47 as it was in 2010 and how it is now.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
The Macchis need to be updated, along with others, but there has certainly been improvements over the last 6-8 years.  Look at the C-47 as it was in 2010 and how it is now.

lol  whoop   :rolleyes:
I almost cared as much for that as the new m3,or the B29.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 10:28:50 PM »
lol  whoop   :rolleyes:
I almost cared as much for that as the new m3,or the B29.
You do understand the concept of an example, yes?

Would it be better if I mentioned the A6Ms, M4s, Panther or Mosquitos?  Those probably don't matter to you either, so they don't count either, right?  Only the units you use matter and everybody else should go suck eggs, right?  Do I read your attitude correctly. Sir?
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
what happened to the "caps" and multiple arenas increasing subscribers?
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 10:40:05 PM »
You do understand the concept of an example, yes?

Would it be better if I mentioned the A6Ms, M4s, Panther or Mosquitos?  Those probably don't matter to you either, so they don't count either, right?  Only the units you use matter and everybody else should go suck eggs, right?  Do I read your attitude correctly. Sir?
I never said they don't matter, don't put words in my typing.
But this IS a fighter combat Sim,and their ARE a bunch of fighter planes that need remodeled, maybe the m3 and goon was not the best choices to use ones time on to keep new players coming in.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 11:15:08 PM »
what happened to the "caps" and multiple arenas increasing subscribers?
Due to the economic down turn the subscriber base has fallen below the point where two arenas are needed.  As the economy recovers it should, ideally, reverse and the two arenas will again be required.

I never said they don't matter, don't put words in my typing.
But this IS a fighter combat Sim,and their ARE a bunch of fighter planes that need remodeled, maybe the m3 and goon was not the best choices to use ones time on to keep new players coming in.
It is not just a fighter combat sim and the C-47 and M3 are both very commonly used, particularly by players on their two week trials for whom fighter-vs-fighter combat is generally synonymous with suicide.  Two week trial players often turn to troop/supply delivery and bomber runs as a method of contributing to the "war" where they'd be nothing but free kills, and frustrated, in fighters.

Yes, there are fighters that need to be updated too, and they will be, but the other units are valid for updating as well.  In terms of usage, the Lancaster and B-26 probably top the priority list at this time.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:16:39 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 11:25:23 PM »
Due to the economic down turn the subscriber base has fallen below the point where two arenas are needed.  As the economy recovers it should, ideally, reverse and the two arenas will again be required.
It is not just a fighter combat sim and the C-47 and M3 are both very commonly used, particularly by players on their two week trials for whom fighter-vs-fighter combat is generally synonymous with suicide.  Two week trial players often turn to troop/supply delivery and bomber runs as a method of contributing to the "war" where they'd be nothing but free kills, and frustrated, in fighters.

Yes, there are fighters that need to be updated too, and they will be, but the other units are valid for updating as well.  In terms of usage, the Lancaster and B-26 probably top the priority list at this time.
O no doubt we need the goon ect,but i just think they did not need updated ahead of other planes in the game so much.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »
Due to the economic down turn the subscriber base has fallen below the point where two arenas are needed.

Yuh huh that's it.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
is it really the economic down turn or all the recent changes + arena cap issues caused a mass exit from the game?  This game is like crack to most.  Most crack addicts would find the $15 to pay for their addiction......
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 02:30:21 PM »
     If change and arena caps cause you to leave, then we're probably better off without you then anyway.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 11:17:48 PM »
I blame the whole thing on Brewsters  :noid
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2011, 12:30:05 AM »
I would Like to point out you may want to be careful with Streaming media, and online gaming. Most ISP's are capping your bandwidth.  AT&T Just implemented 150gb Cap for DSL and 250 GB Cap for Uverse. To make matters worse AT&T's meters count upload and download and include encapsulation, not to mention they tend to error in the favor of at&T any way. Most companies that Cap have a Tiered TV service to protect. So far Broadband Companies that don't sell any form of TV service are not Capping, YET! Currently DSL re-sellers that resell AT&T DSL in part or whole are not effected and don't seem to be capping.

Welcome to Australia.

Our internet only providers cap our bandwidth (download AND upload) according to the package you sign up for.

I pay $69 a month for cable internet (no tv) and I get 150gig (75gb on-peak and 75gb off-peak (Peak = between 12pm and 12am, Off-peak = 12am to 12pm))

All of that includes my uploads, so if I'm downloading torrents I have to restrict my uploads or I effectively halve my 'downloads'.

Our internet is absolute crap compared to the US.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"