Author Topic: More players = Commissioned Sales  (Read 1752 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: More players = Commissioned Sales
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 04:04:40 PM »
you only pay $15 a month, there isn't a big enough player base to give away two months for free. if we paid $30 then $5 off for a couple would be reasonable.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »
you only pay $15 a month, there isn't a big enough player base to give away two months for free. if we paid $30 then $5 off for a couple would be reasonable.
Sir...HTC would give up nothing until the 6 months have expired.  The additional revenue gained during that time then pays for the rebate to the referer.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
While on the two week trial new players have unlimted choice of rides with no perk cost at all. Now how to deal with shades?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »
While on the two week trial new players have unlimted choice of rides with no perk cost at all. Now how to deal with shades?
Ahh, great question.  The 6 month minimum timeframe ensures that a shade account would have to be paid for before the referer gets his rebate...Score HTC $60 - Shade account $30
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:11:33 PM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 04:20:06 PM »
Community,

In an effort to attract new players, how about this:

Any new player referral (as noted somewhere on the initial registration form using the referring player's OID)
 that results in a subscription beyond the two week trial, the referring player receives 2 months free and 1000 perks evenly distributed through their players account.  Commissions to be paid at the newb's 6 month, paid, anniversary.

Discuss amongst yourselves....
     Personally i think its admirable of you thinking of ways to help generate customers for HTC. While I dont agree this is the solution [giving away revenue] No one should fault you for trying.  <S> Changeup

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »

Whats wrong with a shade account as long as it isn't used to pad your score?  :lol If your that concerned about subscriptions you could have 2 accounts instead of trying to haggle a deal  :neener:  :rofl

Personally I don't get this whole the ships sinking thing? Every few months its like a few threads start about the state of the game then customers pitch in with their 2 cents on how to 'save' HTC all very well meaning of course but the fact is HTC own this game and me and you are customers.

IMO the biggest problem HTC will always have is their customers and keeping everyone happy when someone has to die in game for a customer to be happy  :lol

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »
     Personally i think its admirable of you thinking of ways to help generate customers for HTC. While I dont agree this is the solution [giving away revenue] No one should fault you for trying.  <S> Changeup

Ty sir..... :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 04:23:49 PM »
Whats wrong with a shade account as long as it isn't used to pad your score?  :lol If your that concerned about subscriptions you could have 2 accounts instead of trying to haggle a deal  :neener:  :rofl

Personally I don't get this whole the ships sinking thing? Every few months its like a few threads start about the state of the game then customers pitch in with their 2 cents on how to 'save' HTC all very well meaning of course but the fact is HTC own this game and me and you are customers.

IMO the biggest problem HTC will always have is their customers and keeping everyone happy when someone has to die in game for a customer to be happy  :lol

Just offering an idea to generate more revenue... Btw, I don't think the ship is sinking....I think the ship needs more sailors.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
Community,

In an effort to attract new players, how about this:

Any new player referral (as noted somewhere on the initial registration form using the referring player's OID)
 that results in a subscription beyond the two week trial, the referring player receives 2 months free and 1000 perks evenly distributed through their players account.  Commissions to be paid at the newb's 6 month, paid, anniversary.

Discuss amongst yourselves....

Your pretty free with giving away HTC's money aren't you? Don't you think that this is something THEY should look at and maybe decide what to do. I think you might just be stepping over the line a bit by trying to run their company for them After "Warbirds" they are VERY protective of their company.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
Good post.

Just perks

In my case...enough perks to drive a Tiger around for an entire month.....with Kevlar armor resistant to bomb****s   :neener:

<S>
Mano
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
Your pretty free with giving away HTC's money aren't you? Don't you think that this is something THEY should look at and maybe decide what to do. I think you might just be stepping over the line a bit by trying to run their company for them After "Warbirds" they are VERY protective of their company.
Yes Fugitive...this is the beginning of a hostile takeover attempt....a devious referral program aimed at bleeding HTC so dry they will have to sell out to ME! MUHaHa...it's idea to increase subscriptions, aid retention, and drive revenue and now they have it to look at or poo poo.  Either way, it ain't up to you and I'm quite certain Skuzzy isn't bashful...if and idea is crossing the line I'm pretty sure he would let me know.

What are your ideas? Lol
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:37:48 PM by Changeup »

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
MMO's very often offer established players free play and other in game goodies to help recruitment. The old "Recruit a Friend" thing. HTC does not me to tell them that.

I think it's a good idea.

Maybe the 2 months free play is a bit too much. 1 month is reasonable I think.

Perhaps HTC likes the player numbers around where they are at right now? Who needs to recruit?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:44:11 PM by Nypsy »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »
Yes Fugitive...this is the beginning of a hostile takeover attempt....a devious referral program aimed at bleeding HTC so dry they will have to sell out to ME! MUHaHa...it's idea to increase subscriptions, aid retention, and drive revenue and now they have it to look at or poo poo.  Either way, it ain't up to you.

What are your ideas? Lol

Here's a really wild idea, I know it may be a bit over the head of most, but try and follow me on this......

wait for it...................

Do the same thing for FREE!

Ya, like I don't know, tell your friends about it. Make a T-shirt with some WWII stuff on if and wear it at an air show, ya know the things you'd do if you "might" get a free months subscription out of it  :rolleyes:

It's HTC's company and he's done a pretty good job for almost 11 years now, I think they might be able to handle it, but hey if you want to help, make up one of the "sandwhichboard" type sign that says "ASK ME ABOUT ACES HIGH!" and walk around your town with it.  :aok

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
MMO's very often offer established players free play and other in game goodies to help recruitment. The old "Recruit a Friend" thing.

I think it's a good idea.

Maybe the 2 months free play is a bit too much. 1 month is reasonable I think.
That's great too!  That makes the return for HTC even higher.  TY Sir  :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »
Fugitive

Knock yourself out bro with the t shirt idea...because the un-incentivized program currently in place is kicking bellybutton isn't it?  How many t shirts did you have made?