Author Topic: More players = Commissioned Sales  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
More players = Commissioned Sales
« on: June 09, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »
Community,

In an effort to attract new players, how about this:

Any new player referral (as noted somewhere on the initial registration form using the referring player's OID)
 that results in a subscription beyond the two week trial, the referring player receives 2 months free and 1000 perks evenly distributed through their players account.  Commissions to be paid at the newb's 6 month, paid, anniversary.

Discuss amongst yourselves....
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: More players = Commissioned Sales
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:43:43 PM »
That's too much. Just give them some perks and be done.

EDIT: You DO recall the thread just recently discussing the affiliates program, right?
http://www.hitechcreations.com/HiTech-Creations/Affiliates/affiliate-why-art.html

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 01:44:30 PM »
Community,

In an effort to attract new players, how about this:

Any new player referral (as noted somewhere on the initial registration form using the referring player's OID)
 that results in a subscription beyond the two week trial, the referring player receives 2 months free and 1000 perks evenly distributed through their players account.  Commissions to be paid at the newb's 6 month, paid, anniversary.

Discuss amongst yourselves....

I agree with krusty, 500 perks would be best. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
I agree with krusty, 500 perks would be best. 

I am curious as to how each of you arrived at "too much".  I believe perks are free for HTC to give and 6 months of paid subscription is 90 bucks.  HTC gives 30 back to the referring player, netting 60 minus admin costs to set the player up in the billing system (I don't know how much that would be but it cannot be much since 2 week trials are done)

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »
to much, perks are a better idea.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »
umm no :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 02:25:19 PM »

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
     The same reason all the others have given until now.  It's not reasonable to expect HTC to give up that much
revenue.  After all, we already get the benefit of new players, they shouldn't have to bribe us to do it as well.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »
    The same reason all the
others have given until now.  It's not reasonable to expect HTC to give up that much
revenue.  After all, we already get the benefit of new players, they shouldn't have to bribe us to do it as well.
Rhino,

The others have given no reasons which is why I asked.  The single best advertising is a referral, period.  Which is a higher cost ratio, a one-time, 30 dollar payout or running the TV ad? As of late,  HTC has not had great success with status quo word-of-mouth or advertising, hence the lower subscription rate and threads on how to keep 2 weekers.  Also, what is more effective, you or I selling the gameplay to a friend or them watching an ad on TV?

Furthermore, who wouldn't spend 15 or 30 to make 60 and consider this....they would really be giving 15 or 30 back to a player they clearly already have a relationship with and that equals very little risk with potential for a long-term revenue stream.

If 100 players world wide refer 1 player each that is 9000 in ADDITIONAL revenue....with a 3000 credit.  Add that to the new players you say HTC already gets and I think it's easy to see how fundamentally unsound your answer is.

Furthermore...the idea has a built in retention feature....if you bring someone into the game, are you going to personally help them?  Of course you will and that will help them stay with the game long enough to get past the initial frustrations.

V/r

Changeup

Bribe?  Please sir....that smacks of reaching for something to type.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 03:54:09 PM »
giving away $30 from an unknown quantity, completely unreasonable to ask for that.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:57:09 PM »
giving away $30 from an unknown quantity, completely unreasonable to ask for that.

Someone that stays 6 months is unknown?  That is ridiculous.  Again....spend 30 to make 60? You DO get that part right?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »
what i'm getting is people want something for nothing.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 04:01:59 PM »
what i'm getting is people want something for nothing.
Then clearly you don't understand basic math...I bet you get that and delivering new players is not something-for-nothing....but that too, is basic math

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 04:02:44 PM »
Ok, I recruit people to play this game already because:

#1.  It's a fantastic game and I want to share the fun I have found.

#2.  The more players the merrier so I am actually making the game better for me.

#3.  It's the right thing to do when you believe some responsiblility to make the game better rests upon those who play.

#4.  The History that may be learned about WW2 through this game and where this game may lead you to find out more about WW2 I believe is invaluable.

HTC does not need to give me anything, and if he does want to give me something a little public message board announcement monthly on who recruited whom would be just wonderful.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »
Zoney,

Correct... I agree but that isn't working real well.  I'm only saying maybe we'd all try a bit harder you know?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:13:03 PM by Changeup »