Author Topic: new tanks getting tired and falling over into a coma!  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: new tanks getting tired and falling over into a coma!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 11:00:08 AM »

Army Sgt. 1st Class Eric P. Pearrow
Died November 24, 2005 serving during Operation Iraqi Freedom

40, of Peoria, Ill.; assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Carson, Colo.; killed Nov. 24 when his M1A2 Abrams tank accidentally rolled over into a canal in Baghdad.

:salute  to those that serve.  :salute
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »
I have also noticed that tanks seem to flip over more easily since the last patch. I am not a programmer by any means so I am just thinking out loud here. I wonder if the change in modeling to GV commander position has raised the center of gravity point for the flip modeling and therefore could make tanks flip easier. Just a thought.

<S>

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 04:47:34 PM »
Well also think about the performence of our tanks, they can all run balz to the wall 24/7, when they turn there is no mud,or grass or anything to slip on,everything is perfect, so its likely that combo of "lack of realism" on the ground effects front,but too much realism added on the "tank" part.

Like a 30 ton nascar doin' 200mph and slamming the wheel to the left, something bad's gonna happen. :rock
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »
 In the real tank world you have not lived yet until you are out in the pouring rain in the dead of night with a shove digging 15 ton of mud out of between the tracks of your tank. Or your tank ran over a long forgotten piece of chain length fence and it is rapped itself around the drive wheel and the fender and you have only hand cutters to free it up.

Then there is always the track flew off while you are driving down a nice road for no reason you can see. Then you and your crew are out in the hot sun with a rope and pry bars trying to feed the track back on the drive wheel and get a new locking pin pounded in the link with a little ball peen hammer and of course you smash you thumb while doing this. So the Aces high roll overs don't look that bad to me now after I look at it this way lol.