Author Topic: gotta love the DA  (Read 1319 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: gotta love the DA
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2011, 09:20:03 AM »
are u seriously suggesting training for me?

You have SOOOOOOOOOO much to learn young grasshopper.   :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »

ive said in another thread that i prefer to learn things on my own.

After 14 years I went to the TA and spent time with mtnman and it did me a world of good.  I'd recommend utilizing the trainers no matter what skill level you think you're at.  They can help from learning the basics to fine tuning advanced ACM.

Learning on your own may be one of the worst things you can do as it ingrains bad habits which can be difficult to break later on.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
After 14 years I went to the TA and spent time with mtnman and it did me a world of good.  I'd recommend utilizing the trainers no matter what skill level you think you're at.  They can help from learning the basics to fine tuning advanced ACM.

Learning on your own may be one of the worst things you can do as it ingrains bad habits which can be difficult to break later on.

Like what?

1.  Diving into a red ball of a/c alone?
2.  Developing a "best" evasive move called "pull up as hard as you can"
3.  Learning only to the fly the a/c that won't compress on a 500 knot dive (that rules out all german iron)
4.  Somehow justifying to yourself that the Spit is a uber plane
5.  Getting great at trying to out flat-turn everyone and every plane you fly against

This was Changeup's uninstructed, frustrated first 6 months on Aces High...every night at furball lake.  Boy was that a waste of time looking back.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »

He may not be, but I think you should visit the aid of a trainer.  I'm just going by my experience in fighting you under your current vRECON and your prior MARSOC names.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2011, 07:23:49 PM »
He may not be, but I think you should visit the aid of a trainer.  I'm just going by my experience in fighting you under your current vRECON and your prior MARSOC names.

ack-ack

he'd just tell me "if you see a knight p38 alt hugging dont follow him up,its AKAK."yeah i kinda know that already.the few times i missjudge E is the times you get me
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac