Author Topic: I want to apologize.  (Read 4787 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: I want to apologize.
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 10:25:24 AM »
Like a hall of mirrors in this place, up is down, black is white...

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »

ROFL.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 10:32:25 AM »
Big step to improvement on your behalf.

I respect that in a person <S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »
Alright, with the number of guys coming in here and taking this thread seriously I'll make a serious post.

Butch, you are a liar. You've been lying the last few months telling people you're new, and you lied when you said you were a pilot. All this patting on the back you're getting for owing up to is undeserved and unwarranted.

The anonymity provided to us by the internet doesn't allow us to be whoever we want, it allows us to be precisely who we are. Some of us are group-thinkers, some of us like to bicker, some of us are thieves, and some of us are liars. The way to find out who you really are is to examine how you behave when Mommy isn't looking over your shoulder.

In the world of throw-away names and protected identities you have nothing on the line. In real life if you owe up to a mistake you are humbly accepting the consequences and willfully taking a hit to your reputation, your one and only reputation. That can sometimes take a significant amount of courage, and some may respect that bravery. The same is not (or at least should not) be true here.

You could've just scrapped this identity and created a new one instead of owing up to your lies, so I don't think this should earn you any brownie points. It just pains me to see it's actually working. A formal apology on the internet by an anonymous individual is worth zilch, imo.

All I got from this thread is to not listen to what Butcher says. Salute anyways, you're fun to fly with.  :salute
  :aok
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 11:18:36 AM »
You could've just scrapped this identity and created a new one instead of owing up to your lies, so I don't think this should earn you any brownie points. It just pains me to see it's actually working. A formal apology on the internet by an anonymous individual is worth zilch, imo.

All I got from this thread is to not listen to what Butcher says. Salute anyways, you're fun to fly with.  :salute

I don't recall ever talking to you on vox or flying with ya, so I can see why I would be an anonymous individual, to those who do know me around a GV camp, I tend to have conversations with people all day.
JG 52

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »
I don't understand the lying about being a fighter pilot to begin with. What were you trying to prove? Actually, don't answer that as my care-o-meter is not even registering on this topic...on to the next thread

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »
I don't recall ever talking to you on vox or flying with ya, so I can see why I would be an anonymous individual, to those who do know me around a GV camp, I tend to have conversations with people all day.
i believe you actually met him yesterday when you were with the 20th on vox but i may be mistaken... :headscratch:

The lie would have been worse if it was more on a personal level or affecting others in my opinion. I see no harm in this unless this was to say you were adonai and not butcher and you really were butcher.. brain... melting... AGH! :bolt: :noid
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »
i believe you actually met him yesterday when you were with the 20th on vox but i may be mistaken... :headscratch:

The lie would have been worse if it was more on a personal level or affecting others in my opinion. I see no harm in this unless this was to say you were adonai and not butcher and you really were butcher.. brain... melting... AGH! :bolt: :noid
you talk like thats a hard thing to do :devil :bolt:
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »
I want to say I made a mistake a few years back, given over 3 years ago I made the claim I was a pilot in the marine corp that flew Fa-18s. This is completely untrue. In all honesty I never served in the marine corps period, and I was never in fact a military pilot. I spoken to someone tonight I feel I respect quite dearly which was Ink from the army of muppets, and although I did try to apologize over the years I did not make it formal, in another words to people I felt were in my opinion desired. What I did was completely selfish, and I absolutely do not wish for sympathy from anyone.

My biggest sorrow is I am nothing more than a Liar, and I will deeply regret what I have done.

Callsign Adonai, aka Butcher

People like you are why the Stolen Valor Act was created. While you probably havent tried to wear a uniform or anything like that, I still dont see the need to pat you on the back for telling the truth. You got busted plain and simple, and I along with many others never believed you in the first place. "Pretending" to be in the Armed Forces is about as low as a person can get.

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 12:28:28 PM »
<S> Adonai   :salute
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
People like you are why the Stolen Valor Act was created. While you probably havent tried to wear a uniform or anything like that, I still dont see the need to pat you on the back for telling the truth. You got busted plain and simple, and I along with many others never believed you in the first place. "Pretending" to be in the Armed Forces is about as low as a person can get.

He owned up to it, regrets his foolish and disrespectful lies, and asked for forgiveness.  WTF else do you want from him?  If you want to be bitter and not forgive and forget, at least don't trample on his thread where he gave his humble apologies.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »
He owned up to it, regrets his foolish and disrespectful lies, and asked for forgiveness.  WTF else do you want from him?  If you want to be bitter and not forgive and forget, at least don't trample on his thread where he gave his humble apologies.
damn...you been busting my chops and now i feel i must agree with you in that statement...the end of the world must be near.  :confused:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2011, 01:00:56 PM »
Quote from: grizz441 link=topic=315096.msg4088736#msg4088736 date=130824604  WTF else do you want from him?
[/quote

Nothing. I voiced my opinion.

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 01:20:01 PM »
One short post isn't trampling, and this thread wouldn't be worth reading through if everyone's only allowed to post variations of, "It's cool, bro, don't do it again."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:34:18 PM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
You can remove the hat of a liar, but the mark will always remain. While I give him  :aok for coming clean, it is a very small step in being trusted. From here out, let him prove his actions. The fact he lied up until this little post counts for alot more than the initial lie because it's like this: Are you sorry for your actions, or sorry because you were caught? It's hard to believe the former because the action seems, by your own admission, to fall more in line with the latter.

Time tells all.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields