Author Topic: no icon for me,none for you  (Read 4847 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: no icon for me,none for you
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »
ink:

http://ahevents.org/event-logs.html

seems logs only go back to about 2008 tho.

oops, I think i misread. it was not a fso, so some other special-special event.. I'm not sure where to find those.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:23:49 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2011, 11:39:57 PM »
ink:

http://ahevents.org/event-logs.html

seems logs only go back to about 2008 tho.

oops, I think i misread. it was not a fso, so some other special-special event.. I'm not sure where to find those.

ya I it was an off night, I believe it was after 08 :headscratch:

thanx though :salute

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2011, 11:23:32 PM »
  I still believe something like this would work for folks that don't want to know exactly what
type of enemy planes are around, or how far away they are.  The enemy would still be marked,
but with ony a simple red dot.
  This would be made an option of course.  Icons would remain as they are now: Normal Icon/Plane Type Icon/Friendly Only Icon.
The new option would be something like Enemy Dot Icon.
It'd be a sort of transition between enemy icons on/off

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
there's a reason why few people fly ava and it has nothing to do with the fact that you cant pick any plane you want.  but it has more to do with the fact that like me, I coudnt tell the plane shadows from the real planes, so i got killed every time by my own shadow  :noid.  been in that arena flying perhaps 1/2 hr.  they get rid of icons in the ma or change them and I'll be (and lots of other players) watching more sheep dancing that before.

there's wishes that are game killers and this is one of them  :uhoh.  the bring back the night wish is the other .  we barely survived having no sheep in the game (compare # of players to when we had sheep)  we wont survive this for sure  :bolt:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2011, 12:05:43 AM »
Being able to pick any plane you want and also having a win the war reset must be a bigger draw then you think.

When I first got involved with AvA, enemy icons were on and it was still a ghost town.

Turning them off actually revived the arena for quite a while. It was a different experience and a lot of people liked it.

There will be continued experimentation in the AvA, but the notion that the icon settings killed the AvA doesn't explain why it was dead before that ever happened.

It would of course be a terrible idea for an arena that has common planes for all sides.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:40:05 AM by jimson »

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2011, 03:47:59 AM »
we DO have an arena for this....
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech