Author Topic: Central command  (Read 6239 times)

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
Central command
« on: June 16, 2011, 01:58:13 AM »
today was a good day for rooks :banana:... we took back our own bases :rock :rock and i did notice something else that might help in way :pray... if we had a central command... from this central command.. every player will log into their own country.. and onto a certain vox... where the whole country will decide and horde together*good for new guys who are learning to go on missions*.. so at any 1 time.. we will have a pool of resources to form missions... you can log in at any time of the day or night and go to this special vox for country mission... instead of having to just rely on prominent squads or persons to make missions.. .. beats flying alone and getting jumped without check sixes.. i do understand this will encourage the horde more but it will provide people with more fun..its a simple system...maybe i haven't thought it all the way thru.. pls advise... :salute
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Central command
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 02:01:15 AM »
* grabs helmet and runs for cover *

:bolt:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 02:12:34 AM »
Quick!  Where's the face palm brigade when we need em!?!?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 02:37:23 AM »
wow... talk abt being constructive... wtg
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:04 AM »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:44:10 AM »
OK so is there a command staff in place?  Who decided that group?  What if the numbers are off and I want to switch sides.  What if I could care less about winning the war and capturing bases as my limited AH time is spent looking for ways to bend my 38G against another pilot in his plane.  Where do we fit in?  Will there be specific assignments for all?  What if I don't want to participate in a mission or some overall plan to win the war?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:56:40 AM »
OK so is there a command staff in place?  Who decided that group?  What if the numbers are off and I want to switch sides.  What if I could care less about winning the war and capturing bases as my limited AH time is spent looking for ways to bend my 38G against another pilot in his plane.  Where do we fit in?  Will there be specific assignments for all?  What if I don't want to participate in a mission or some overall plan to win the war?

in my humble opinion...why must we have command staff? literally having someone to control it? the mission leaders or players decides it themselves... well if you want to be a single hunter.. you dun wanna help win war.. you wanna furball.. so be it.. thats your choice,.. you wanna switch.. thats your choice.. but if you want missions.. tune to this country vox.. for missions... if numbers are down.. say 15pax to each country.. i am sure..  at least 4-5 guys will want to have an assortment of missions to take base... this central command is THAT pool of resources for those country missions..
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 03:04:09 AM »
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 03:18:43 AM »
ok I'll bite ...

if we had a central command ... every player will log into their own country ... where the whole country will decide and horde together

thing is, most people here are trying to work out how to stop this kind of behaviour, not find a way to make it easier.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 03:19:01 AM »
It's already available on text in green.

I've been trying to find out how to turn it off since 2007.
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 03:19:45 AM »
But who is in charge of Central Command?  Do we have a General worthy of the job?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 03:23:14 AM »
ok I'll bite ...

thing is, most people here are trying to work out how to stop this kind of behaviour, not find a way to make it easier.

well hordes are better than empty arenas dun you think? why stop the horde? if you can't beat it.. join it.. make it fun... make it interesting...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 03:24:16 AM »
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 03:28:44 AM »
But who is in charge of Central Command?  Do we have a General worthy of the job?

do you really need a dictatorship? like i said...the mission leaders or the mission themselves decide who leads... we dun need a macarthur or a rommel or a zukov to lead the whole country... we just need to get organised. there is no status quo for this system.. no rank.... just need good mission leaders/planners to win the war...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 03:31:10 AM »
It's already available on text in green.

I've been trying to find out how to turn it off since 2007.

be nice to change and get organised..planning for the future..
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen