Author Topic: Central command  (Read 6196 times)

Offline slayem

• Zinc Member
      • SWAMPDRAGONS  BASE
Re: Central command
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2011, 02:20:31 PM »
 Lowering town capture limit to 50% makes it easier for smaller units to take bases. This causes the horde to have to disperse some to defend. You wind up with more numerous, smaller(8 to 20players) fights. See the numbers
Lusche posted on my thread about lowering %. They show a clear decrease in base captures and increase in
kills per capture(more hording less taking). 
SWAMPDRAGONS C.O.
"General, we're surrounded!"
"Then split the men and attack both ways."
Gen.N.B. Forrest

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2011, 10:34:44 PM »
Lowering town capture limit to 50% makes it easier for smaller units to take bases. This causes the horde to have to disperse some to defend. You wind up with more numerous, smaller(8 to 20players) fights. See the numbers
Lusche posted on my thread about lowering %. They show a clear decrease in base captures and increase in
kills per capture(more hording less taking). 

i feel the likely outcome of this is that most people in the horde will not even bother to defend since its already so easy to take..flying there and base is taken in 2 mins...they will just horde elsewhere..we need to beat the horde at its own game.. getting organized...horde vs horde... 1 horde will give up soon enough having to fly all the way there...
i'll think i'll do my stats to prove my point...maybe then people will open their minds to change.. so thank you all..  :salute
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2011, 10:12:08 AM »
we need to beat the horde at its own game.. getting organized...horde vs horde...

It takes longer to form a horde than it does for one to be found and intercepted before they can obtain CAP.

Good luck, you'll be doing this in no time.   :bhead
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline slayem

• Zinc Member
      • SWAMPDRAGONS  BASE
« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
  Well, I can tell you guys that before base captures got harder smaller units could stop the horde. There were
many times that the Swampdragons,with only 5 or 6 players on line, would coordinate a counterattack with other units with similar availability of pilots, such as the Jokers or Rolling Thunder, and hit back at 2 or 3 bases.
The horde takes 1, we take 2 or 3, the horde disperses to defend. Did it more times than i can count. 12 to 15
guys have countered 30 or more. The harder bases are to take,the more the math flows to the horde. Also if the
horde from 2 countries attacks the third, forget about it if your the short straw.
  If you don't have the numbers to stop a tactical concentration in space, the horde, the best counter is a
tactical concentration in time, multiple coordinated smaller counterstrikes. Of course the counterstrikes must have some chance of success.
 Yes, a skilled pilot can get 50% in one pass, if the angle is right, but that still leaves town guns, sometimes some of the base guns, and defending against any uppers who only have to kill 1 troop. Still a good chore for a smaller or greener unit.
SWAMPDRAGONS C.O.
"General, we're surrounded!"
"Then split the men and attack both ways."
Gen.N.B. Forrest