Author Topic: Central command  (Read 6201 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Central command
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2011, 10:30:07 AM »
It would be terrible to teach new folks bad habits right off the bat.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2011, 10:31:06 AM »
the goal here is to have fun... in whatever you're doing.. fiter cap.. killling cvs...defending bases... vulching bases... gv blitzkreig... the idea i have is to have someone share that fun with you in a group~ this organising isn't abt winning bases.. its about having  more than 4-5 people to fly with you...whatever the outcome comes out of the mission.. maybe i am speaking from a rook's point of view.. therefore most of the other countries dun get me...

I appreciate your enthusiasm - but again you're assuming there's always a mission and that people enjoy flying with large groups. My only mission generally is to find a fight somewhere, usually a smaller one. When things get more organized then either a giant blob of red or a giant blob of green, and neither are much fun.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »
I appreciate your enthusiasm - but again you're assuming there's always a mission and that people enjoy flying with large groups. My only mission generally is to find a fight somewhere, usually a smaller one. When things get more organized then either a giant blob of red or a giant blob of green, and neither are much fun.

well if you wanna solo it.. so be it or even fly with just your squaddie...gameplay doesn't change much at all...the organisation..for most when the numbers are there... they want to win bases or maps... with this 1 arena.. dun forget its TT everyday... so wouldn't organising help till maybe the other arena's come back on..well smaller battles are won cos no one is defending.. but if i have aready pool of people.. i can easily make a impromtu mission to defend...and you wun like it... you'll call it hording... i call it organising
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 10:50:50 AM »
It would be terrible to teach new folks bad habits right off the bat.

in what way is this a bad habit? hording? you want single furballs only.. go DA....it seems its only fair to you guys if maybe 4-5 guys pesistantly go thru 1 or more hour's worth of trouble  just to take a base.. any faster than that.. its a horde.. i dun like it... too many people...

i think this method will actually help the new guys to pick up their skills in missions and maybe be good mission leaders one day..
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »
so you think there really isn't a point to this pool at all?

I was just putting things into perspective  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 10:56:12 AM »

I was just putting things into perspective  :old:

CC that sir! :salute

DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 10:58:25 AM »
WHy would anyone want Corky to lead. We would just have a bunch of 38s running willy nilly spreading broken planes and parts all over the countryside.  UNLESS..............he could organize a 3 sector 38 gv attack......imagine it, 30+ 38s rolling toward an enemy town dodging trees, shrubs, wildebeasts, sloths, fruit bats, crossing shallow rivers to reach to goal.  It would be hours of heart pounding adventure.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 11:01:56 AM »
WHy would anyone want Corky to lead. We would just have a bunch of 38s running willy nilly spreading broken planes and parts all over the countryside.  UNLESS..............he could organize a 3 sector 38 gv attack......imagine it, 30+ 38s rolling toward an enemy town dodging trees, shrubs, wildebeasts, sloths, fruit bats, crossing shallow rivers to reach to goal.  It would be hours of heart pounding adventure.

:rock sounds like fun already!!
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 11:05:22 AM »
Initiative, bro. If you want to take part in large strategic campaigns start your own!  :aok

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »
Yall ready have this pool of people, its called your team mates. You post a mission and those looking to join missions join. What more do you wAnt, oh thats right you want a horde to play your way.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
Initiative, bro. If you want to take part in large strategic campaigns start your own!  :aok

sometimes it ain't abt initiative.. some people just wanna follow a certain set of people... and when this set of people are not ard what happens?
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »
Yall ready have this pool of people, its called your team mates. You post a mission and those looking to join missions join. What more do you wAnt, oh thats right you want a horde to play your way.

well this pool of people need to get organised somehow... and the mission maker wizard is seriously not fully utilised at all! we could do more... mr fugitive... with today's current 1 arena you trying to tell people to not horde? do it the hard way...4-5 players  each base... open up a line of fronts....lose some take some... drag a map maybe for full 2 weekS? *how long does a map go for if no one wins?* also how is this playing my way? not asking anyone to change how they play... just asking them if they want to fight.. fight it with someone thats always available... maybe you like fighting and dogfighting alone constantly.. so be it...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
My squad would never bend their knees to a Knight Central Command.   -1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 11:26:52 AM »
My squad would never bend their knees to a Knight Central Command.   -1

:salute

i dun see how getting organised via a proper system is regarded as bending knees.... do you read before you post or post just to get the numbers on the board?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:28:43 AM by des506 »
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »
:salute

i dun see how getting organised via a proper system is regarded as bending knees.... 

I do, well said Waystin. And be careful Des, a Pig always pays his debts.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.