Author Topic: Central command  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: Central command
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 03:33:01 AM »
The easiest thing to do in this game is group up and hit something.

It's like you are asking for training wheels for your big wheel.
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 03:37:43 AM »
well hordes are better than empty arenas dun you think? why stop the horde? if you can't beat it.. join it.. make it fun... make it interesting...

I'd say hordes are as bad as empty arenas, no fight in either case. they are also not fun or interesting for me.

I still think there should be a 1-country vs sheds arena for those players with zero Need for Achievement that do find unopposed toolshedding and basetaking fun and interesting. maybe park a few AI planes on the runway so people can vulch too.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 03:45:37 AM »
The easiest thing to do in this game is group up and hit something.

It's like you are asking for training wheels for your big wheel.

well the idea is to beat the horde rite? the only way to beat the horde is to get organised.... imagine this... you see suddenly a big blob of red... you call out alert! 3-5 guys maybe respond if its a distant base from the rest of the battlefront...with this defense system there is a pool of players without missions to immediately go on defense to support that defense...say if everyone is out on missions and... and the enemy takes that base... then oour next step is to organise a retaliation on that front almost instantly...

what happening rite now.. is on certain days some guys pop in make a mission and go... rest of the days its waiting for someone to make missions....with this system everyone will have a mission  anytime.... like i said i might not have thought it all the way thru on the implementation part but the idea is there... maybe someone clever might think of a better way?
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 03:54:31 AM »
I'd say hordes are as bad as empty arenas, no fight in either case. they are also not fun or interesting for me.

I still think there should be a 1-country vs sheds arena for those players with zero Need for Achievement that do find unopposed toolshedding and basetaking fun and interesting. maybe park a few AI planes on the runway so people can vulch too.

Mr. holmes... let me get this st8.... you rather take a base alone.. fight alone or with that few that you have...and then that would be fair? and constitutes to better gaming? zero need for achievement?? well maybe they should make a furball DA arena with a point system so you can say you're awesome...from your this aspect i believe you can  fight on the same map for the longest time without change... just to get kills.... so that you can see yourself on the scoreboard.. am i rite?
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 04:05:34 AM »
do you really need a dictatorship? like i said...the mission leaders or the mission themselves decide who leads... we dun need a macarthur or a rommel or a zukov to lead the whole country... we just need to get organised. there is no status quo for this system.. no rank.... just need good mission leaders/planners to win the war...

OK who is going to take the lead in the organization?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 04:12:03 AM »
OK who is going to take the lead in the organization?

gups.... the mission leaders take the lead.. we dun need 1 higher directive on offense and defense... a base blinks... someone forms a missions from that pool or impromtu without using mission wizard.. and defend..the only thing is everyone has to be able to listen to orders and go where they supposed to defend or attack..no deviations and go furball alone..most rooks find that hard.. even myself...thats why we've lost our winning streak...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 05:16:41 AM »
But who is in charge of Central Command?  Do we have a General worthy of the job?
I vote for Corky........all those in favor say "I"
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 05:26:08 AM »

if everyone was willing to listen? i'd vote for shawk... on our side...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 05:42:19 AM »
But who is in charge of Central Command?  Do we have a General worthy of the job?

I think it's more like a committee... or a directorate... ?  Nevertheless  I was contacted by PM by one of them last night, while I tried to get a bit support for defending a rook airbase. I was told to stop giving out alerts on country channel, because it "would only divide the Rooks and keep them from joining out missions." I was also told defense is always useless and you have to attack all the time.

In other words: While they horde us, we horde them elsewhere, and the one who's taking down buildings faster than the other wins :)

But yesterday was the strange PM day anyway  ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:45:15 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 05:53:52 AM »
i think today was a fine example of what i mean.... we have majority rooks all on 1 channel... we divided it into missions and we had enough left to call for defense at certain bases... we lost 1.. but took another within span of 5 mins and it was a "almost" horde vs our organised horde....so on till we got bish off our island..my solution to beat the horde.. is to get organised...well  the best defense is offense isn't it?
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 05:58:47 AM »
The most fun defense is just straight up defense.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 06:01:53 AM »

:lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 06:03:47 AM »
The most fun defense is just straight up defense.

organised defense is even more fun!
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 06:12:48 AM »
organised defense is even more fun!

You said the best defense is offense, I argued that it's more fun to just defend. I never said anything about organization.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 06:24:33 AM »
You said the best defense is offense, I argued that it's more fun to just defend. I never said anything about organization.

well i'm TELLING you.. its more fun... is organisation a taboo thing? I NEVER SAID THAT!! lol
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen