Author Topic: Twilight  (Read 663 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Twilight
« on: June 19, 2011, 07:29:12 PM »
Everytime I see the Mrs watching those horrid movies I want to take an icepick to my brain. I swear they are worse then Pearl Harbor with Affleck, Waterworld, and Garbage Pail Kids movie combined  :bhead :bhead
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Twilight
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »
Everytime I see the Mrs watching those horrid movies I want to take an icepick to my brain. I swear they are worse then Pearl Harbor with Affleck, Waterworld, and Garbage Pail Kids movie combined  :bhead :bhead
Its funny cause I saw Edward at six flags last Tuesday, or a double  :headscratch:

Anyway I hear you man, my mom watches them all the time with my sis when I load the dishwasher and eat dinner. Me and my dad often eat in a different room. As for Pearl Harbor, It would have been a better movie had romance not been thrown in as with any non Disney movie.
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 07:39:27 PM »
Yep yep. Every movie does NOT need a love interest/romantic subplot in it.

Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
Yep yep. Every movie does NOT need a love interest/romantic subplot in it.

Hard core action is the name of the game.  :D

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »
hey, fellas without the love plot some of the action would not have been possible. anthony and cleopatra, samson and delilah, helen of troy, arthur and gueneviere, butch cassidy and etta place, bill clinton and...wait, nevermind.

now back to our regular programming...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 08:14:47 PM »
Blasphemy I say! Did Blazing Saddles have a love plot? NO! (not counting the little skirt with Lili von Shtupp, too insignificant to count)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 08:17:08 PM »
I'd disagree that every love subplot is a sellout.  A romantic interest, if well done, can greatly flesh out the characters and increase the tension.

-Penguin

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 08:21:34 PM »
system ready...

enter search query

"Twilight movie"

WARNING

data input monitoring system failure

primary search logic algorithm failure

secondary search engine failure

data conversion module failure: 1-9,457

primary data flow management system failure

emergency data flow management system failure

system failure          Logged: 201106192017

Thanks a lot Meathead!!! :furious  :bhead :furious  :bhead :furious
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 08:22:16 PM »
system ready...

enter search query

"Twilight movie"

WARNING

data input monitoring system failure

primary search logic algorithm failure

secondary search engine failure

data conversion module failure: 1-9,457

primary data flow management system failure

emergency data flow management system failure

system failure          Logged: 201106192017

Thanks a lot Meathead!!! :furious  :bhead :furious  :bhead :furious
:rofl :rofl

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 08:30:56 PM »
I bet Penguin is team Jacob
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 08:42:39 PM »
Blasphemy I say! Did Blazing Saddles have a love plot? NO! (not counting the little skirt with Lili von Shtupp, too insignificant to count)
blasphemy did you say? STAR WARS

good thing you didn't reference airplane (auto pilot got a lot of attention), spaceballs (princess vespa and lone starr, or barf), hot shots (topper harley and ramada thompson or kowalski), young frankenstein (a lot of shenanigans in that one), naked gun (a lot of shenanigans in that one too), pink panther...and the list goes on.

and penguin is correct...hell even from paris with love, crank, transporter, bourne trilogy and the expendables had some sort of "romantic interest" that served as a catalyst for all of the ensuing mayhem.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
All I'm going to say is Edward rocks!

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
Team Edward all the way. Scissorhands.

Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »

good thing you didn't reference airplane (auto pilot got a lot of attention), spaceballs (princess vespa and lone starr, or barf), hot shots (topper harley and ramada thompson or kowalski), young frankenstein (a lot of shenanigans in that one), naked gun (a lot of shenanigans in that one too), pink panther...and the list goes on.

and penguin is correct...hell even from paris with love, crank, transporter, bourne trilogy and the expendables had some sort of "romantic interest" that served as a catalyst for all of the ensuing mayhem.

yeah but how many of them went like this " hey you're a vampire!  cool, let's make out and get the werewolf jealous since he doesnt make a move on me"  :rofl

I read the book and it was not bad up until when the so called hunter vampire gets killed in like 3 seconds.  that was so much like the writer having the lack of imagination about how a super vampire should die.  

i took my daughter to see the movie when she was a teenager we walked out 1/2 way into it.  my daughter was so upset about the movie being a disappointment that she herself asked for a refund.

semp

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 09:47:28 PM »

Dangit, now I need to get out my Mel Brooks movies and start watching them