Author Topic: Due to  the current economic downturn...  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Due to  the current economic downturn...
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2011, 01:31:42 AM »
you forgot the most venomous snake in the world, the fierce snake,  as a matter of fact Australia has 7 out of 10 of the worlds deadliest snakes :O

That's the Inland Taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus). There is also the coastal Taipan (Oxyuranus scutellatus), and Central Ranges Taipan (Oxyuranus temporalis). the Papuan taipan (Oxyuranus scutellatus canni) is Native to  Papua New Guinea.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:02:06 AM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2011, 01:41:21 AM »
That's the Inland Taipan.

ahhhh, didn't know that :aok

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2011, 01:52:00 AM »
Well if it is big lizards you're after...  You should visit Japan!

(Image removed from quote.)

Me no rikey Gojirra!

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2011, 09:16:49 PM »
I'm closing my AH account this month.  Work before play, and that's all there is to it. Until I have another full time job, none of my savings is going towards any sort of frivolity, AH included.  Friends of mine have been out of work in my field for a year now...I must be prepared for exactly the same, or more.  Every job opening in my field is currently awash in applicants.  I was lucky enough to be working for this long, as it is.  When I'm not working, I'm looking and applying for something full time.....there is no such thing as "free" time when your bank account is marching towards zero.

:salute MORAY37

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »
My job got the axe with the federal budget passing.  I'm sure there are those out there on this BBS who will be happy to hear about my own personal misfortune, and state that I was a drag on our economy in any case, with my "outrageously draining" $30K GS-5 federal research job. At least I was involved in some promising preliminary cancer research that might actually do some good for the world. As it is, I am surviving on a part time privately funded project and my savings scratched together over the past 5 years to attempt to buy a home.  I must also postpone my doctoral work indefinitely, less than a year from my thesis defense.  I am lucky enough to have saved what I did, when I did, but it appears my mid 30's will be quite different than they seemed.   

I'm closing my AH account this month.  Work before play, and that's all there is to it. Until I have another full time job, none of my savings is going towards any sort of frivolity, AH included.  Friends of mine have been out of work in my field for a year now...I must be prepared for exactly the same, or more.  Every job opening in my field is currently awash in applicants.  I was lucky enough to be working for this long, as it is.  When I'm not working, I'm looking and applying for something full time.....there is no such thing as "free" time when your bank account is marching towards zero.

<S>
Argh, truly sorry to hear that :salute
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
Well if it is big lizards you're after...  You should visit Japan!

(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3