Author Topic: 200 Chatter  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: 200 Chatter
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »
Have tuned to 200 channel exactly twice in the better part of five years.  Both times, it was back off inside of two minutes.  Nothing but bragging, taunting, whining, sycophantic attaboys and conversations best not seen while trying to enjoy my game time.  I can get all that on country channel and the text bar moves at a much nicer pace with 200 off.

Hmm, I've had it on the entire time and would disagree with you.  Looks like you managed to hit a couple of bad spots on those 4 minutes you been on it :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »
Best advice for you Sir.  Detune the cesspool.  I am now at 4 years untuned to the channel of crap slinging.  Makes for a happier game! :aok
Well you do have 20 squaddies on everynight to talk to. :rolleyes: /.squelch midway
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
Well you do have 20 squaddies on everynight to talk to. :rolleyes: /.squelch midway

Sometimes I wish I were a fly on Midway's wall, us pigs have a real love-hate relationship going on there some nights, and he always happens to be "that poor unlucky red guy".
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 05:17:23 PM »
Hmm, I've had it on the entire time and would disagree with you.  Looks like you managed to hit a couple of bad spots on those 4 minutes you been on it :)

If nothing gets to you, I could see your point.  Quickly felt my blood pressure rising when tuned in - and I wasn't even involved in the tirades - err polite discussions going on.  Seemed like the "nice fight" compliments I heard about were on hold for those brief interludes.  Same BS both times. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »
wow,  someone hurt his feelings   :lol

Nope.  You missed the mark.  Nice try though.  You see, I'd actually have to repect them in order to care enough about what they say to take it personally.

My point was mainly that I have no interest in reading the wall of moronic text that scrolls by from the people who abuse 200 in that fashion.  That is exactly what many others have stated here.

Given your comment, you seem more on their level, so I don't expect you to understand.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »
Atta boys are just fine.  Nice to have a good fight and have a way to show some appreciation for it.  There is nothing wrong with the idea of 200.  Just the folks who use it sometimes need to be squelched.  What is the squelch limit?  10? 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »
I don't have time for 200.  This is war, not Oprah. 

My squad has a complex rank based structure.  Orders can change at any moment.  Someone could get called to dinner in R/L, or have a thunderstorm at their house.  It's happened before.  We need all channels to be accessible at all times.  Without proper communication, an entire wing could be lost, easily jeopardizing the mission.  If I were to tune to 200, I might not get the message that the town is down and I could get killed holding onto troops when I could have let them go.  I feel that it is unacceptable to let down my brothers in arms. 

"Loose lips sink ships."  Yeah, I've heard it.  It inspired another little saying in our squad..."Channel 200 or victory"

I don't even have the TV or radio on when I fight in Aces High.  It has to be a really cold night for me to even let the dog in the house when I'm serving.  One Squirrel or rabbit outside could have her barking, and me missing crucial Intel.

Chitchat about sports, women, or current events has no place in total war.  Some of you may think this is a joke.  That's the problem with the world today.  Everyone is trying to be a clown instead of getting things done.  Well, I am the exception.  I get things done.  I win warz.

If you love your country and your freedom, detune 200.

In game - Assi      JG2

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 08:27:48 PM »
What is this "channel 200" you speak of?
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 08:28:50 PM »
This is just an apology from me to all of us on 200. I have had so much going on in "Real Life" lol, that I have let it affect the way I approach playing AH. And, I tend to a lot of times complain on 200 and that is wrong. Sure, sometimes there may be a bogus pick, or a bomber, etc, but thats their perogative and its just a game. I played last night tellin myself that its all in good fun and I must say that it was the most enjoyable night ive had in awhile playing, especially 200....lots of jokes, some stories, and overall just great time. Thanks guys and I myself am cutting down the unnecessary BS on 200 because 85% of the time I get myself into that situation lol. So, again, my apologies to those who I have called out or been overall just a male member to lol...wel, excet Midway lol<S>
Your forgiven, but as punishment you must spend 5 sorties in a 109F4 or clearing my 6 :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »
Your forgiven, but as punishment you must spend 5 sorties in a 109F4 or clearing my 6 :D

Deal..though im more than positive you will STILL end up clearing mine<S> :x :salute
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »
I don't have time for 200.  This is war, not Oprah. 

My squad has a complex rank based structure.  Orders can change at any moment.  Someone could get called to dinner in R/L, or have a thunderstorm at their house.  It's happened before.  We need all channels to be accessible at all times.  Without proper communication, an entire wing could be lost, easily jeopardizing the mission.  If I were to tune to 200, I might not get the message that the town is down and I could get killed holding onto troops when I could have let them go.  I feel that it is unacceptable to let down my brothers in arms. 

"Loose lips sink ships."  Yeah, I've heard it.  It inspired another little saying in our squad..."Channel 200 or victory"

I don't even have the TV or radio on when I fight in Aces High.  It has to be a really cold night for me to even let the dog in the house when I'm serving.  One Squirrel or rabbit outside could have her barking, and me missing crucial Intel.

watermelonchat about sports, women, or current events has no place in total war.  Some of you may think this is a joke.  That's the problem with the world today.  Everyone is trying to be a clown instead of getting things done.  Well, I am the exception.  I get things done.  I win warz.

If you love your country and your freedom, detune 200.

Total War?   HAHAHAHAHAHAHA whooo...man that is hilarious  :rofl
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
Have tuned to 200 channel exactly twice in the better part of five years.  Both times, it was back off inside of two minutes.  Nothing but bragging, taunting, whining, sycophantic attaboys and conversations best not seen while trying to enjoy my game time.  I can get all that on country channel and the text bar moves at a much nicer pace with 200 off.

yeap, i can stand stupid people, stupid people that think i care what their thinking get old. Exp: Bong & BigR

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2011, 10:22:09 PM »
yeap, i can stand stupid people, stupid people that think i care what their thinking get old. Exp: Bong & BigR

OK when did BigR get stupid?  He's been around a long time.  Seems fairly coherent to me :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 50Cal

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
Everytime I tune to 200, I lose my text privaleges :bhead

Yup I made the mistake of calling someone a "colliding turd" 4 days ago, turns out that person had moderator privaleges so I didnt get muted, I had my whole chat privalege revoked   :uhoh

I tried tuning to him to apologise and just got another chat revoked message :bhead

I can deal with that, but what irked me was one of his countrymen calle me a C--t on text a few days earlier (and without the gaps, It was the actual spelling) but pretty sure no action taken there.

Anyhoo to the wonderful, awesome, well endowed moderator who didint at all abuse his power, could I please have my chat privaleges returned? i have learnt my lesson, scouts honor  :salute

Oh and 200 is now well and truely tuned out on my radio
I didn't auger! It was mechanical failure :p

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 11:28:01 AM »
All I can say is thank god people cant hear the pigs vox channel, everyone of us would get chat and voice banned... LOL

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail