Author Topic: Aces High Trainer Corps  (Read 2347 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High Trainer Corps
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »
Looks like we want that the remain a secret.  :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
Looks like we want that the remain a secret.  :aok

Professional child care experience is not a requirement. That's just a myth.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 12:57:26 PM »

Professional child care experience is not a requirement. That's just a myth.

True true, but it would be nice to put the real requirements out here for people to know.  I guess if they are a secret, that is fine, but posting only half and the ones that really don't matter that much can mislead some people.  :old:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
True true, but it would be nice to put the real requirements out here for people to know.  I guess if they are a secret, that is fine, but posting only half and the ones that really don't matter that much can mislead some people.  :old:

I'm not sure if they have changed or not, dedalos but they used to be the following minimal requirements to be considered for possible recruitment to the AH Training Staff

Minimal Requirements:
-at least 21 yrs of age , but preferably older
-at least 3 years in Aces High game & AH Community
-knowledgeable in the certian aspects of Aces High and ability to pass on knowledge to players ( basic flight, setup controls, vox setup )
-A person who wants to help and is after no recgonition ( if you just looking for a pedistal or "Look at ME" tag / name in lights then this is not for you )
-well received by the AH Community ( does not include Little side groups that attack individual players or have grudges )
-No Bad History on the message boards ( flamers / fight pickers etc... )

used to be something along these lines....... but they may have changed....... don't hold me to this  :old:  

also, usually the one's who ask or volunteer in public would always be the ones put at the bottom of any list, if their was a list....

(edit: these were the guidelines that was laid out when I became invited as a Trainer and also was the guidelines that other Head Trainers as well as I,  used when we were in Rolex's position )

<S>

TC
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:14:31 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »
True true, but it would be nice to put the real requirements out here for people to know.  I guess if they are a secret, that is fine, but posting only half and the ones that really don't matter that much can mislead some people.  :old:

Rolex posted the requirements. If you believe he left something out why not say what you think it is instead of posting baseless insinuations?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
Rolex posted the requirements. If you believe he left something out why not say what you think it is instead of posting baseless insinuations?

Yeah, baseless  :roflr You can tell TC knows what I am talking about but something was not transferred to him correctly or he may not remember.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
You fellas might want to take your disagreement to another thread.   ;)

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »
or Rolex is just looking for a list of potentials and if someone who bothers to PM Rolex, is worth looking at, then Rolex will use his guidelines that he chooses to determine if a individual meets Rolex's minmal requirements

these minimal requirements that I posted are from past history......

it really is up to each individual Head Trainer at the current time....... ( their has only been 4 different Head Trainers since the inception of AH training staff, and one of those 4, filled the role twice )

just saying......  I don't see a disagreement btw.. I just see 2 different ways the subject is being viewed  :aok

edit: btw, I am not trying to answer for Rolex, I am simply giving my opinion

<S>

TC
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:06:50 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
or Rolex is just looking for a list of potentials and if someone who bothers to PM Rolex, is worth looking at, then Rolex will use his guidelines that he chooses to determine if a individual meets Rolex's minmal requirements

it really is up to each individual Head Trainer at the current time....... ( their has only been 4 different Head Trainers since the inception of AH training staff, and one of those 4, filled the role twice )

just saying......  I don't see a disagreement btw.. I just see 2 different ways the subject is being viewed  :aok

<S>

TC

<S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »
You fellas might want to take your disagreement to another thread.   ;)

Feel free to stop reading any time Shuff  ;)  I wont stop unless Killz tells me too  :rofl

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:17:36 PM by dedalos »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »

just saying......  I don't see a disagreement btw.. I just see 2 different ways the subject is being viewed  :aok

edit: btw, I am not trying to answer for Rolex, I am simply giving my opinion

<S>

TC

No fair TC.  I don't like arguing with people I like  :lol  So, I guess I ll leave it alone  :lol

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »
Is augering perfectly good airplanes considered a skill? If so I'm perfect!!!! :noid
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »
Feel free to stop reading any time Shuff  ;)  I wont stop unless Killz tells me too  :rofl

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »
i could help with sound system
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2011, 04:16:24 PM »
I deliberately made this announcement simple and general to see how the people who respond think. Are they able to anticipate what information should be included and can they present it well? Those are important skills for what we do. If someone is not sophisticated enough to understand that, they are not going to be a good fit as a trainer.

I'm trying to open up the process. This gives us more people to draw upon if more openings occur in the future.

Thanks to all the people who responded.