Author Topic: world war I VERY BASIC strat sytem.  (Read 664 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
world war I VERY BASIC strat sytem.
« on: June 27, 2011, 05:38:04 AM »
WWI (in my opinion) is anything but a waste. People criticize it at its early development which is not very fair, people probably said the same remarks when aces high itself first came out. <S> to HTC for taking it to the next level. I made yet another little chart for you guys of how WWI arena could and should be like in the near future.

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
Re: world war I VERY BASIC strat sytem.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:27:24 AM »
If this were implemented, I would actually play the WW1 arena on occassion. In concept, this is a good idea! But on the other side... Seems like a lot of resources to develop, which to me is the main downfall. I'm a bit of a MA addict myself; I prefer resources to be devoted there.
Dedstick

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:26:47 AM »
big +1, skyguns :aok i like the idea of having the airfield as the base. is there a way to incorporate field guns and artillery batteries into this?

just another idea, but what if we do have towns situated somewhere on the WWI map? (yes, then we would need things like Gothas and handley Page O/400s :x

but seriously, what if, when certain percentages of the town were destroyed, the effectiveness/productivity/whatever-ness of the factories were diminished, representning the loss of  workforce capabilities? or is that too complicated for now, do you think?

Offline talos

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 07:33:18 AM »
It sounds like it could be quite nice, and having a map/maps of this scale would open up the possibility of having early tanks such as the British "Mark" series, the French FT series (Renault), the German A7V, and dare I say it a "soldier" (only for this arena). Please don't jump down my throat, about this, its just a thought, but think about it before you say no. The maps would be small enough incorporate this.
C-46 "Curtiss Calamity"

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:41:52 AM »
If this were implemented, there would probably have to be early WWI "bombers" (Can we just have grenades and throw them out as we fly along?). :rofl

I like the idea, and it is definitely worth a close look by the HTC staff. C'mon, fellers!!!

Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:45 AM »
It sounds like it could be quite nice, and having a map/maps of this scale would open up the possibility of having early tanks such as the British "Mark" series, the French FT series (Renault), the German A7V, and dare I say it a "soldier" (only for this arena). Please don't jump down my throat, about this, its just a thought, but think about it before you say no. The maps would be small enough incorporate this.

Well that was the whole idea about "animated ground forces" sure you would have them on the frontline but they would all be stationary until "SYSTEM: Country gained X amount of ground" when strats are hit and that's when you would see them advance to the new frontline.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 07:46:28 AM »
big +1, skyguns :aok i like the idea of having the airfield as the base. is there a way to incorporate field guns and artillery batteries into this?

just another idea, but what if we do have towns situated somewhere on the WWI map? (yes, then we would need things like Gothas and handley Page O/400s :x

but seriously, what if, when certain percentages of the town were destroyed, the effectiveness/productivity/whatever-ness of the factories were diminished, representning the loss of  workforce capabilities? or is that too complicated for now, do you think?

i like your ideas however the idea is to keep it simple. Your idea could work but will need much thought in my opinion. KEEP IT UP  :aok

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
Big +1

Artillery made a big impact in WWI. Tanks were trench breakers, so can we have them spawn on the front lines? How about having some machine guns in the trenches? Also, what bomb would bombers drop? French used artillery in their bombers until "proper" bombs were made. Also, how about enemy observation balloons on the front? Still, the idea is great.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 07:51:24 AM »
Big +1

Artillery made a big impact in WWI. Tanks were trench breakers, so can we have them spawn on the front lines? How about having some machine guns in the trenches? Also, what bomb would bombers drop? French used artillery in their bombers until "proper" bombs were made. Also, how about enemy observation balloons on the front? Still, the idea is great.
It will all be "animated" until a base is made to work with

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 08:42:50 AM »
Great idea. +10. I would hop in every now and then just to change things up. the things that could be done if this were implemented. as been mentioned, Zeplins and bombers. Also, it would add a degree of knife fighting too. you wouldnt want your starts being attacked, much like in the MA, would you?
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
We haven't had the WWI arena long enough for the front line to move yet.  Gotta wait for at least four years.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 09:17:38 AM »
We haven't had the WWI arena long enough for the front line to move yet.  Gotta wait for at least four years.
:rofl :rofl
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
i have only been back a few days but i already get the impression that the HTC guys see the WWI areana as um.... wasted development time....

maybe i am wrong maybe in the high pop hours its gets a lot of attention.... but i dont think so

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »
i have only been back a few days but i already get the impression that the HTC guys see the WWI areana as um.... wasted development time....

maybe i am wrong maybe in the high pop hours its gets a lot of attention.... but i dont think so

quite right, mussie. very few people. in 2 weeks, i never saw more than 20 people in there. if there were some new element of gameplay released into the WWI arena soon, particularly this strats idea, maybe WWI would have a new lease on life. no pun intended.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »
good concept, good way to try and implement some sort of strategic system.

if i had my druthers...
implement trenches into the terrains as part of the strat system. use observation balloons tied into command bunkers along the trench lines as radar stations. implement anti aircraft guns to protect the observation balloons and command bunkers. knock out the balloons to kill dot dar. knock out the command bunkers to disable ack and slow down the regeneration of balloons. add towns to the air bases as part of the supply system and the headquarters. knock out the hq and lose the ability to deploy observation balloons or resupply fuel and ordnance bunkers as the bases.

of course they would have to add driveable trucks and bombers to the ww1 arena...the terrain would end up looking something along these lines:

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett