Author Topic: Anybody Know Where This AH Data Came From ??  (Read 1197 times)

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Anybody Know Where This AH Data Came From ??
« on: June 27, 2011, 04:04:06 PM »
Via the Wiki, this table is found...but it is incomplete and has not been updated...

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/guns/guns.htm

Any idea where that came from and how it could be updated?

Also via the Wiki, some of the American bombs have the damage values, but many of the other bombs in the game do not.

Testing bombs is pretty straight forward off line...but It would be nice to have a damage table for all of the ord in the game...without the hassle of testing

Thanks for any suggestions

Oneway

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Anybody Know Where This AH Data Came From ??
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »

If there is a gun missing you can test it offline the same way you would determine bomb or rocket damage values, i.e set a structure to a certain value, shot at it from point blank range with the gun in question and see how many rounds it did take. If you then have new data (or some different results on already exisiting data, contact Rolex.

And this is a small chart on bomb damage points:

These values had been posted by HT himself. The format for those damage points is different than the one we are used to (I think it's the actual values the program is using), but it's easy to convert it to our standard "1,000 lbs bomb" equivalent, just divide by 6400.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »
Via the Wiki, this table is found...but it is incomplete and has not been updated...

Also via the Wiki, some of the American bombs have the damage values, but many of the other bombs in the game do not.

Testing bombs is pretty straight forward off line...but It would be nice to have a damage table for all of the ord in the game...without the hassle of testing

If you look very closely at the bottom of the page there is the people who created it.
*initial data by SCJazz with revisions and additions by Murdr *

Oneway

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »
Thanks Snail...

I am compiling a database of every gun, bomb, rocket, drop tank... in the game...including damage value, rate of fire, weight etc...

There is a bunch of stuff missing from the Wiki list...

I will test that stuff manually

Oneway

OH....looking at that chart you posted...

The 2000kg and 1600lb bombs are news to me...what aircraft carry those?

Offline oneway

• Silver Member

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »
The 2000kg and 1600lb bombs are news to me...what aircraft carry those?

None yet.

(Oh, and MK-84 has his answer inside the quote box, the text at the end)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »

None yet.

(Oh, and MK-84 has his answer inside the quote box, the text at the end)

Forums are hard  :uhoh

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
Useless information...

The German 300 Liter DT adds 50lbs more to an aircraft than the Japanese 300 Liter tank

:bolt:

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »
Useless information...

The German 300 Liter DT adds 50lbs more to an aircraft than the Japanese 300 Liter tank

:bolt:

...schnapps is denser than sake.  :cheers:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 12:24:50 AM »

Oneway

Im under the impression that the AH Trainer's website is due for an over-haul.  I'd like to believe something is in the works, I have the gut feeling.   ;) 

If you want a weapons damage chart I have a very up to date one that I made.  It is as current as it gets. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »
Awhile back... I took that data.... along with data I found on object hardness in the training pages... info using AHEdit... and info provided by Murdur a long time ago, and compiled this spreadsheet.  Its not totally complete any longer, but it covers most of the major ordinance and rounds in the game.

http://home.comcast.net/~vf15satansplaymates/OrdinanceVsObjectHardness.xls

We have found it very useful when planning FSO missions to determine what the best loadout is depending on the planes we are assigned, and our target package.

You will notice that the smaller bombs do more damage per pound than the larger ones.  So 2 500 lbs bombs together do more damage than 1 1000 lb bomb.  But... the blast radius is smaller, so you have to be more accurate with the smaller ordinance.  

The way you read it is to cross reference your ammo / ordinance type against the object you are hitting.  The number represents the number of rounds (or bombs) it will take to destroy it.

EDIT: Oh... if your sheet shows additional data that mine does not Loon... maybe we can put them together and come up with a new one that covers it all.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:25:01 AM by AKP »

***G3-MF***

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 10:46:55 AM »
Also remember there are different damage values depending on the target type.

I.E. The damage value vs a tank/plane or a building will not necessarily be the same.

HiTech

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »
Also remember there are different damage values depending on the target type.

I.E. The damage value vs a tank/plane or a building will not necessarily be the same.

HiTech

Affirmative... my chart only shows damage and effectiveness vs. objects.  Not manned aircraft and GV's.

***G3-MF***

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 12:16:13 PM »
Affirmative... my chart only shows damage and effectiveness vs. objects.  Not manned aircraft and GV's.

Likewise.  The data I produced is vs OBJ only.  There really is no way for players to gauge effectiveness vs aircraft or gv's.  I'd like to believe that velocity and angle of impact effects are modeled into the game (and it appears so with the ricochets we see vs armored gv's). 

I'd caution using that chart listed at the AH Trainer's website (same as spreadsheet).  As it has been stated already, it is incomplete and outdated.   :)

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »
The AH trainers website if out of date, missing lots of information, and even has a few minor things wrong.

I've sent thing before and they've not ever been updated, corrected, etc.

Im under the impression that the AH Trainer's website is due for an over-haul.  I'd like to believe something is in the works,

If you want a weapons damage chart I have a very up to date one that I made.  It is as current as it gets. 

I'd caution using that chart listed at the AH Trainer's website (same as spreadsheet).  As it has been stated already, it is incomplete and outdated.   :)

smokinloon, it looks like you got a hardon about the subject of using or not using the information posted at certian places. whats up with that?

MoJo
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"