Author Topic: Wishlist  (Read 564 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Wishlist
« on: June 28, 2011, 07:02:29 AM »
How does feedback work in the wishlist forum, I mean apart from our esteemed uber posters?  The sun thread has got me on a bender thinking about it.  I requested a ways back to at least make the clipboard opaque on all maps so you could use it, say when a CV is steaming right into the sun for example.  More comments on the sun, still no joy. 

I do also understand that sometimes the best thing you can do for business is to ignore your clients.  On most things in here I agree are a bit silly, a bit selfish, or just a bit too complicated.  However, when you have folks repeating the theme on the annoying sun which shines through things, ground cannons that fire through buildings and trees (another annoying thing) it makes me wonder if there is someone on the other end. 

Be clear that the only thing I am being critical of is the feedback loop from HTC. Yes yes..they could not just sit on the boards and reply to every beckon call on wishes and the why, they would have to hire someone, just to do that (and they have some esteemed uber posters who can flame, etc... all really outrageous one).  But on some of the reoccurring themes, it would be nice to hear the why.  Why must the sun shine through my clipboard, mountains, et al?  Why must bullets from auto guns fire though trees and buildings?

I am afraid I have no charts (snail, I love your stuff, not a a dig at you, your way of presenting data to support your comments is the way to do things).  I have no knowledge of programming. I just enjoy the game, it is my time to decompress.  <S>

----Crusader
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »
Sun glasses? :cool:

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »
Its always been that way since 2000, always the same wishes that come up every year, and all these words in the wind!
now posting as SirNuke

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:12:41 PM »
Yeah, well then they'd have to shut down the Wishlist forum! Who wants to do that?  :lol

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »
Yeah, tis true.  Oh well. 

Sun glasses? :cool:

If only. 

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »
Basically the folks you have to convince with your wish is the staff at HTC.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »
Its always been that way since 2000, always the same wishes that come up every year, and all these words in the wind!

I think they have enacted/added/corrected/included many wishes from the wish list thread. Things take time, don't be discouraged.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 02:39:16 PM »

Some wishes are implemented quickly, some after years, and some never. It's just like the wishlist for Santa Claus I used to make as a child. I knew it would be read, but I never knew which wishes would come true or the reasons why some never would.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 02:40:57 PM »
Go outside (GASP)
Put on sunglasses
Stare into the sun.

-don't do that-

Sincerely,

an uber poster.

Another aside.... Wouldn't it be a PITA to fly with one hand while holding the clipboard in front of the sun? As it is now, you can move your head so you can block the sun with a canopy frame.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »
Unfortunately, if you move your plane even a fraction of an inch, you have to reset your head.  Therefore, we need something that will work when using autoclimb and not just autolevel.

-Penguin

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »
Unfortunately, if you move your plane even a fraction of an inch, you have to reset your head.  Therefore, we need something that will work when using autoclimb and not just autolevel.

-Penguin
you been dipping in your parents liquor stash or something?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
 :lol  I can't help but believe so.   :lol

you been dipping in your parents liquor stash or something?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 07:01:44 PM »
Pehaps when they fix the terrain so you can't see the bases through it, the problem with the sun showing through it will also be fixed.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »
Why don't we just take that big old ball of light out of the game! It'd not really needed to "light" the arena or anything. Then we won't have all these complaints about something that is simulating an aspect of the game.

The sun is there as an obstical/hindrance that you must over come using using what is available, head movements and hiding it behind the bars of your canopy. Some people use it as a weapon and setup their attacks so that they are "diving out of the sun" like you read about.

Why play the game if all of these suggestions are nothing more than things that make it easier to "game the game" or remove any challenges to playing? 

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 07:28:58 AM »
Why don't we just take that big old ball of light out of the game! It'd not really needed to "light" the arena or anything. Then we won't have all these complaints about something that is simulating an aspect of the game.

The sun is there as an obstical/hindrance that you must over come using using what is available, head movements and hiding it behind the bars of your canopy. Some people use it as a weapon and setup their attacks so that they are "diving out of the sun" like you read about.

Why play the game if all of these suggestions are nothing more than things that make it easier to "game the game" or remove any challenges to playing? 

I figured a few would jump in with a mild sarcasm and spoil the comment.  Its all about programming my ill tempered friend.  I use the sun all the time to conceal egress etc.... The point is, it should not shine through solid objects.  The sun in particular is annoying when you are in a CV steaming into dawn and you can't even see the clipboard.  Yes yes, these are all inconveniences, but in the end, what is the REASON why they cannot fix it.  Is it not possible?  Is it apathy for the client base?  Without response, we are left in a position of either begrudging HTC or accepting less than what we feel the standard of the game should be.  That is my point.  The sun is a component of my comments.  What of field guns that shoot you through hangers and trees?  With all of the discussion on here about whether a plane carried X or Y type of ammo to the point of citing historical documents, we tolerate magical bullets the fly through buildings.  Seems a bit hypocritical on our part. 

Gaming the game will always be there as long as the programmers leave loopholes for the gamer to do so.  Take the "ol mouse WW trick".  Could a gunner really have effectively fired the WW without the aid of a gunsite, by putting their say thumb where they though the convergence was...no.  But, we still can.  I guess some are drawn to what make the game easier, I am not one of those.  If you like the game the game room, that is the way you roll and so be it, just not something I agree with.   :salute