Author Topic: Base Capture Kills Troops?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Base Capture Kills Troops?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:21 AM »
Some bomb n bail too.   X-Box Syndrome I think they call it.

To each his own.

my understanding is that if you drop, then bail, before your ords hit the ground, they dissappear. or is it if you re-up before they hit?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
my understanding is that if you drop, then bail, before your ords hit the ground, they dissappear. or is it if you re-up before they hit?

This
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure Freebirds does not condone this kind of behavior.

I would check with the squadron leader before doing this again.

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »
You ask WHY we would pull this sort of tactic???

Ok, we were stealing a V-base, and what we did was we de-acked the whole field and came back later with troops... Now coming back with troops with no protection is stupid right? But what we do is we drop troops and bail with them in order to make the base stop flashing, and yes, your troops do keep running as long as you don't re-up, but we have no worry about that since we are still there WITH the troops...

It was just odd in all that the troops would die when the base we have originated from got captured O_o
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »
They wouldn't have died if you had landed or stayed aloft.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
They wouldn't have died if you had landed or stayed aloft.

You're missing the point. They don't die if you bail, only if you reup.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »
Yes,.....and had he landed and waited the 13 seconds for the troops to take the map room, he would have landed his sortie rather than bailed like a bomb and bailer dweeb.

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 10:37:40 PM »
wow icepac you're missing the point of making the base stop flashing while troops are out...
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »
Your tactics seem well founded, and I can offer no explanation, but perhaps speculation as to why they didn't work.   If one was in tower when a base was captured, maybe that caused them to be lost as if re-upping. Whatever the case, you rat bas-tards will undoubtedly take many more bases... Keep up the good work, and check your six..

<S>
vNucks

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 08:25:30 AM »
Yes,.....and had he landed and waited the 13 seconds for the troops to take the map room, he would have landed his sortie rather than bailed like a bomb and bailer dweeb.

I can honestly say that Crabby is an outstanding pilot and is in no way a "bomb and bailer dweeb."

Your tactics seem well founded, and I can offer no explanation, but perhaps speculation as to why they didn't work.   If one was in tower when a base was captured, maybe that caused them to be lost as if re-upping. Whatever the case, you rat bas-tards will undoubtedly take many more bases... Keep up the good work, and check your six.

Nice to hear this from a Devil, you guys certainly know how to base-take.  :aok :lol
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »
Could it be that it was just a hiccup somewhere along the line? It may not be repeated? Perhaps there was some strange factor that can't be brought up again? Either way, there'll be plenty more bases to take in the future. <S>

Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 08:40:43 AM »

Ok, we were stealing a V-base, and what we did was we de-acked the whole field and came back later with troops... Now coming back with troops with no protection is stupid right? But what we do is we drop troops and bail with them in order to make the base stop flashing, and yes, your troops do keep running as long as you don't re-up, but we have no worry about that since we are still there WITH the troops...

It was just odd in all that the troops would die when the base we have originated from got captured O_o

i could be wrong here, but to the best of my knowledge, the base will continue to flash, as long as some form of enemy is within it's dar ring. you bail, you're an enemy pile-it within the ring....it should continue to flash.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »

Sounds gamey but ok. HT should have the bases blink if any enemy is close.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 10:23:57 AM »
Pretty sure it works that way for a reason. If there's no enemy to actually kill then no flashing base.

So this is a bit of a loophole, but not one that gets used much. Fine by me. You can have the stinking Vbase.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:30 AM »
Again another instance where getting the base is more important than fighting for the base.