Author Topic: AH & Twitter  (Read 610 times)

Offline ABDCWOT

• Nickel Member
AH & Twitter
« on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »
I'm kind of surprised that there isn't more happening on Aces High Twitter (@hitechcreations) or more surprised that it doesn't have more followers (only 29 as of this posting).

Thoughts, suggestions for HiTech and crew? Discuss......GO!

-AB

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: AH & Twitter
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »
< lacks a twitter account...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 09:17:20 PM »
The lack of matching demographics.  I would venture a guess that many people who fly this game do not have a twitter account.  Facebook seems to have a larger popularity overall, as it has more functions for more people.  I'm seeing 488 people who follow HTC on facebook.  Facebook also allows for a more personal approach as you can see the faces of many of your fellow players.  I assume the news updates are the same on each, so given the option, most would choose facebook.  Odds are very strong that if you have a twitter account, you have a facebook, but the same doesn't necessarily hold true for the other way around.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:42:03 PM »
I like twitter for things that update fairly rapidly, like news headlines or a famous musician making jokes
with his fans. Seeing as HTC doesn't really do this, I don't quite see the point in HTC twitter.

Just my opinion though, it's still another way to reach out and attract new fans.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »
I have never used twitter, never been on the site, and never plan on using it ever.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »
Twitter and Facebook are two different types of sites, so it's not going to have the same userbase.  Seeing as Facebook is so popular it's not surprising there are more from AH there.

Personally I use Twitter as I only want updates from a few companies, that I'll admit I'm too lazy to get from their sites, and I dislike Facebook.  Facebook was lit up like the Vegas Strip last time I used it, even with NoScripts, and I don't need updates from everyone and their 8million games, anyone I know on Facbook I see everyday anyways.  It's always going to be a personal choice on what site a person uses, which is likely why HTC uses both.  You can't make people use site A if they prefer site B.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »
Even though I'm 18, I've never used twitter and refuse to, just to fight the stereotype of the teen who feels he does stuff important enough that people would want constant updates...

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 01:23:45 AM »
Maybe HT or Pyro can coad in an auto-tweet whenever you get a kill or get killed.  Not everyone's cup of tea but it WOULD give AH some free publicity.

Sort of like the old broadcasted kill notifications but on twitter. 
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 01:33:24 AM »
Maybe HT or Pyro can coad in an auto-tweet whenever you get a kill or get killed.  Not everyone's cup of tea but it WOULD give AH some free publicity.

Sort of like the old broadcasted kill notifications but on twitter. 

:lol

No
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 05:08:52 AM »

:lol

No

Why not?  Just because you don't like it or wouldn't use it doesn't mean it's a bad idea.  Make it selectable on or off.  If you don't like it and don't enable it, you would never even know others are using it.

At some point, "purity" will only ensure that the AH customer base will grow older and shrink.  Adding next gen web features could help ensure game growth or even survival as a product.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
Why not?  Just because you don't like it or wouldn't use it doesn't mean it's a bad idea.  Make it selectable on or off.  If you don't like it and don't enable it, you would never even know others are using it.

At some point, "purity" will only ensure that the AH customer base will grow older and shrink.  Adding next gen web features could help ensure game growth or even survival as a product.

I agree. I went to a local go-cart racing venue last night, which ad the feature of automatically posting your race results to your facebook account. Pretty nifty feature for those who want it, but optional so you don't HAVE to use it.

Offline ABDCWOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
I'd like to see plane facts, on this day (in ww1, ww2) stuff and maybe even giveaways. I see museums on twitter giving daily facts for fun and ticket giveaways (@I_W_M) every so often. I'm not a fan of Facebook but I do like Twitter. It would also give the AH crew more direct access to their AH community outside the game itself.

-AB

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »
I have never used twitter, never been on the site, and never plan on using it ever.

This
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC