Author Topic: We need map voting!  (Read 2010 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: We need map voting!
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »

Like thunder said...NO voting during a current map...

ONLY voting during the 4 minute period leading up to the map change...like he said a list with a small picture...highest votes win

i can see that leadiung to the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »
That's the way it was in AWIII and we never complained..... well about maps   :devil

we had no choice  :devil.  did you complained about dial up back then  :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2011, 11:55:11 PM »
Not crazy about any of the maps. The big maps have way too many bases and the bases on the small maps are too far away. Half the width of the clipboard should be maximum distance for bases. Less transit time equals more action! The shift to one MA has made a big difference in game play (much more action). Now let's take it a step further with smaller maps and closer bases and spawns.

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 12:07:13 AM »
+10
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 02:49:53 AM »
+1 for a map vote when the reset has been declared. No vote in middle of the war.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 03:07:53 AM »
Well why not have a vote on the maps we have now and see if you can vote any of the maps off the island so to speak.  Then maybe those map aficionados can put their whine and complain about the maps time into creating maps for the arenas that will sooth the players into a world of contentment and air combat.  Maybe we can call that first map...Utopia....Then maybe the Shangri-La map, followed by Nirvana map.

I feel more content and peaceful just thinking about all these new and blissful maps the map whiners are going to make for us.  I want some kool aid...I want to take a nap.....
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
Well why not have a vote on the maps we have now and see if you can vote any of the maps off the island so to speak. 

I was thinking something along the same line. Do a ranking poll on every map and use the results to determine some random-ish cycle (and maybe eliminate the two lowest scoring maps from the rotation?)

I wonder how many maps-in-progress are either being sat on ay HTC, or by map makers themselves?

I have only two suggestions for map(maker)s:  less clutter trees and more "earthly" terrains - hills/mts are cool, but sheesh, people...

:aok

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 12:31:31 PM »
I mentioned this idea while back ago and although it has its drawbacks, it might be worth trying out anyway.

Country who wins reset, gets to vote for the next map. But they only have say about the time it takes for the map to reset (5 minutes). If say if two maps are tied, well, only suggestion I could make on that is to let HTC itself decide.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 05:00:48 PM »
Terrible Idea.   What is my "favorite" map for example never gets voted on.  This could be true for many people.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2011, 08:45:31 PM »
-1. I suspect the strategy players would domimate the voting so we'd wind up on the same easier to win maps all the time. Their superior lobbying and coalition building skills would marginalize the vote of the lone wolf/picker/runner.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:50:08 PM by shiv »
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2011, 02:45:39 PM »
-1. I suspect the strategy players would domimate the voting so we'd wind up on the same easier to win maps all the time. Their superior lobbying and coalition building skills would marginalize the vote of the lone wolf/picker/runner.

But would it matter to them?  Speaking as a guy who is generally not particularly interested in moving mud, all the maps have sky in them, therefore most of my requirements for fun are met.  The exception being the map with the mountain ranges splitting the countries and only Vbases along the borders except for in a couple of places.  The airfields there I just find are too far apart.  Generally speaking the more easily rollable maps have the bases relatively close together, so the guys who are just there to knock down enemy planes wouldn't have to travel particularly far to get to the fight.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 04:37:54 PM »
If a map is up that nobody likes such as the current one I'd like to have the option to vote for a new one.
 :bhead

Last time there was a "vote" on somethin', we got stuck with B29s. Which are hanger queens, and good
only for scenarios and for moops with nothin' better to do with two hours of their lives.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »
Last time there was a "vote" on somethin', we got stuck with B29s. Which are hanger queens, and good
only for scenarios and for moops with nothin' better to do with two hours of their lives.

Hanger queens?  I see B-29's almost every time I log on and that's not all that often these days.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »
Hanger queens?  I see B-29's almost every time I log on and that's not all that often these days.

i havent seen one in 3 or 4 days.  I may see 1 or 2 a week, if that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 01:36:52 AM »
the last time i saw 29s other then in my hangar was about a month ago
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac