Author Topic: NEW YORK and surrounding area get together?  (Read 2589 times)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
Re: NEW YORK and surrounding area get together?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 11:25:05 PM »
Seriously tri-state area we have 10 people?! lol SHIV, LLOGANN where u guys at also I know a couple of you TWC guys are in NY. C'mon guys we can  :banana: and play pin the mullet on the SHAWK. Who knows I get drunk enough maybe a couple of you guys might get lucky

In. Still recovering mentally from the last time but happy there'll be some chaperones.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 01:29:40 AM »
I'm right on the MA NH border ,so close enough.I might be interested in making it if not (too) soon,like end of summer or something.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 01:41:56 AM »
If NYC, the were doing McSorleys. No substitutes

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 01:57:53 AM »
There's quite a few of us from Jersey, Pa. too :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 06:20:26 AM »
I am in the southern part of NJ. Near Camden.
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 08:23:05 AM »
theres some interest... a day trip to start at the musuem possibly... in time turn it into the Dayton gathering?

for me its a 3 hour ride...through NYC itself...in a standard transmission. could be a nightmare gettin there and back  :lol

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »
I'm in but do we need the Jersey guys to come.   Look at all there shows. They don't know how to act.   :neener:

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »
Long Island here. Count me in-just need a little advance notice. I think there are airshows at Pease AFB and Atlantic City this summer so either one could be an option. The Intrepid Air Museum in New York City is pretty interesting for those who have never been aboard a carrier and there are tons of places in the city to go for food/drink. Time and money are always of concern so if the New York guys want to do something quick and local let's pick a convenient central location and get on with it.
Tour 92

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 12:15:25 PM »
Central PA here, if we would have it in NY it should be a location that is easily accessible....I've never been into NYC but i'm guessing it's a nightmare.

Does anyone know of any nice reasonable campgrounds in NY or a hotel where we could rent a bunch of rooms and have a central room with multiple computers going?

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »
Central PA here, if we would have it in NY it should be a location that is easily accessible....I've never been into NYC but i'm guessing it's a nightmare.

Does anyone know of any nice reasonable campgrounds in NY or a hotel where we could rent a bunch of rooms and have a central room with multiple computers going?

NYC  a nightmare?!  Having been there a billion times I'd have to disagree with you but my opinion might be a little biased.
If we do the the American Air Space  Museum in Farmingdale there are camp grounds there. As for reasonable hotel there are a couple but they usually charge by the quarter hour.
My 2 cents I think B2B has a good Idea with the Intrepid Air museum.
http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/?drg=605-100446P&gclid=CLXTpvqb6KkCFcdM4AodX1rBzA
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »
I'd consider it even coming from Maryland. My wife's family is up in Mass and NH. Just got home last night in fact from NH/ME area.

Keep me posted plz!
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »
In NH here, I'd be interested

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
hell ya  :rock

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 02:09:12 AM »

my basement apt...but its going to be little cramped

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 03:47:19 AM »
NYC's a breeze,lol. I used to drive a Tractor/trailer there every day. Any GM Dealership you see in Brooklyn,
Staten Island, L.I.City,etc. I used to deliver parts from GM Plant in Bensalem, Pa to the Burroughs :aok
NYC not as bad as people make it. It used to be as soon as you cross Verrazanno, lay on the horn :rofl
Just like NYers. Now they have signs, that warn you, if you hit the horn you get a ticket.
I used to love it, BQE(Brooklyn-Queens Expressway) backed up?
I would just take 3rd Ave all the way out to Verrazano :D

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID