Author Topic: The tragic death of "Bar321"  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
Re: The tragic death of "Bar321"
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »
Thats my link love muffin not joachims, no theres no virus on it, not in the file or the hosting site. I've used 4shared for quite a while and never had a virus.

ur wrong...and to use any file sharing site is just ignorant
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 12:09:53 AM »
In what way is a file sharing ignorant?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 12:18:08 AM »
Don't use the 4share site, that link is bad news. Skuzzy should just delete that link. Its the you have 604 viruses in your computer and you need to go to the speacial fix it site to fix your computer.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 12:19:36 AM »
Don't use the 4share site, that link is bad news. Skuzzy should just delete that link. Its the you have 604 viruses in your computer and you need to go to the speacial fix it site to fix your computer.
I will have him break the link.

Use the mediafire
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 01:48:22 AM »
Bloody hell!  I thought something happen the 321Bar.   :furious

Yep....... at first I thought "Oh man" when I saw the title of the topic... but figured it was not bad news when I saw the  :rofl  :rofl  :bolt:  emoticons

Thank Goodness.......

using a little discretion when "titling" a topic would be nice....... could have put

- AH film of "Bar321's tragic death" in game -    or    - AH film of "Bar321's tragic death" in a dogfight we had -  ....... etc........

just saying

u all can shove those links and your stupid little games up ur butt....
~snip~
morons !!!!

you must of really wanted to look at that link/film.........  "WARNING - ankle humping can cause chaffing"    :D  it could cause one to become very irritated........  be forewarned    :bolt:

:cheers:

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 07:03:47 AM »

No theres nothing wrong with 4shared or this file like I stated before I have used it before for years without any problems, what your talking about is the fake AV scan thing were a chump mistakes a browser window for an AV scan that tells him he has a zillion virus and then said chump downloads the 'AV' to 'fix' his PC.

Your ignorant and I can't help you, your way over there somewhere being ignorant and I'm powerless to help you, I have learnt to accept these things. Nevertheless heres the results of my AVs scan 'although I feel like an idiot having to to this to be honest' guess what its all clear.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 07:15:59 AM »
The title of this thread made my heart sink for a second.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:11:47 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2011, 09:19:24 AM »
No theres nothing wrong with 4shared or this file like I stated before I have used it before for years without any problems, what your talking about is the fake AV scan thing were a chump mistakes a browser window for an AV scan that tells him he has a zillion virus and then said chump downloads the 'AV' to 'fix' his PC.

Your ignorant and I can't help you, your way over there somewhere being ignorant and I'm powerless to help you, I have learnt to accept these things. Nevertheless heres the results of my AVs scan 'although I feel like an idiot having to to this to be honest' guess what its all clear.

LIKE I SAID..not everyone here knows these things...im not going to apologize for not being a computer geek....i avoid all file sharing programs and USED TO TRUST links that are posted here !!!  I enjoy this game very much and have limited resources to keep a decent rig ! Most cpu's are screwed up by file sharing programs. And its just wrong to post something here that could potentially ruin someones day.

Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2011, 09:29:08 AM »

Something is wrong with it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:39:23 AM by Slash27 »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »
No virus here - using AVG.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »
Clearly if the site is hosting the "You've got a bazillion viruses" trojan ad something's wrong with the site. 

My brother (a realtive computer novice) clicked on that ad one day.  After two days on the phone I just had him do a clean re-install which meant two more days on the phone.  Of course you always could give them money for their "service" and they'll put the trojan to sleep for you.

BTW, don't click the x to close the ad.  It's part of the active interface.  You need to use task manager to close it.

File sharing sites are, for the most part, fine or they wouldn't be in business.  It seems this one is not despite pervert's "assurances".
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
Clearly if the site is hosting the "You've got a bazillion viruses" trojan ad something's wrong with the site. 

My brother (a realtive computer novice) clicked on that ad one day.  After two days on the phone I just had him do a clean re-install which meant two more days on the phone.  Of course you always could give them money for their "service" and they'll put the trojan to sleep for you.

BTW, don't click the x to close the ad.  It's part of the active interface.  You need to use task manager to close it.

File sharing sites are, for the most part, fine or they wouldn't be in business.  It seems this one is not despite pervert's "assurances".

Oh really? what anti virus are you using and what did it say when you downloaded it or clicked on the link?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »
Are there ANY file sharing sites that aren't spam/virus factories? (NOT including photo sites)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2011, 12:53:24 PM »
Ok just figured out whats been happening here, was reading up on it and one of the tips for avoiding the fake AV is to use Firefox something I have been using for years, opened up internet explorer and got the Fake AV thing attempt blocked by Avast.

So basically it is the website not the file but only if you are using Internet Explorer. Removing link.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2011, 01:32:39 PM »
Yup, anyone who uses IE gets what they deserve, esp since I think the default is accept ALL cookies (hopefully that's not the case now)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/