Author Topic: lost perks  (Read 987 times)

Offline asleep1

• Zinc Member
lost perks
« on: July 04, 2011, 11:50:16 AM »
flew for 2 hours with B-29's. Made an excellent run. Then the map reset before I could land, lost the 280 points for the bombers. This is a no win situation. Can AH do anything about this???? Its tough to lose in 1 second what takes hours to earn.

And please flamers, I know most of you do not believe this can happen, but it did. Two days later and I do not have my bomber perks back.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: lost perks
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »
flew for 2 hours with B-29's. Made an excellent run. Then the map reset before I could land, lost the 280 points for the bombers. This is a no win situation. Can AH do anything about this???? Its tough to lose in 1 second what takes hours to earn.

And please flamers, I know most of you do not believe this can happen, but it did. Two days later and I do not have my bomber perks back.
I thought on map resets that while in flight when the war is won you don't gain or lose anything if you cant land in time? Or was the map reset due to a problem & you could not get down in time?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
I thought on map resets that while in flight when the war is won you don't gain or lose anything if you cant land in time? Or was the map reset due to a problem & you could not get down in time?

Correct, as long as your in flight you don't lose, NOR gain perk points.

To the OP, I know some of you like to fly them long 2 hour flights ( not even going to assume your one that only hits town centers), but I would think it would be easy enough to look at the map and see that the war could be won soon and so NOT take those long flight and maybe settle for a couple of shorter flights instead.

Offline asleep1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
the map reset because the war was won.

Offline asleep1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 02:55:30 PM »
"( not even going to assume your one that only hits town centers)" What is that supposed to mean? And what does that comment have to do with the problem. I was banned from here a few months ago because I hurt somebody's feelings and yet you can post a silly remark such as this!!?  You obviously have nothing constructive to add other than adding some self absorbed trophy to your own vanity case. And yes, I probably should have taken the time to add up the fields and attempt to calculate the time left for the map at the rate of capture as I am almost sure everyone does this. lmao
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:57:39 PM by asleep1 »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 05:26:22 PM »
LOL at estimating when you will get the 4 minute warning after the war is won.

How many times have you see 56 dots over the final field needed to win the war.....for 4 hours yet the field is undamaged?

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 05:50:09 PM »
"( not even going to assume your one that only hits town centers)" What is that supposed to mean? And what does that comment have to do with the problem. I was banned from here a few months ago because I hurt somebody's feelings and yet you can post a silly remark such as this!!?  You obviously have nothing constructive to add other than adding some self absorbed trophy to your own vanity case. And yes, I probably should have taken the time to add up the fields and attempt to calculate the time left for the map at the rate of capture as I am almost sure everyone does this. lmao

Don't jump in his stuff, he's a reliable source of information and he helped you. If you see that the war could soon be won, don't up a sortie that you have no intent on landing any time soon (i.e. 2 hours). It's always a risk regardless of whether or not you calculate it.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 07:36:58 PM »
Don't jump in his stuff, he's a reliable source of information and he helped you. If you see that the war could soon be won, don't up a sortie that you have no intent on landing any time soon (i.e. 2 hours). It's always a risk regardless of whether or not you calculate it.
That aside he should still have not lost his perks? Maybe just a bug on the B-29's?

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
That aside he should still have not lost his perks? Maybe just a bug on the B-29's?
Yeah, should definitely be a bug.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline asleep1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 08:38:02 PM »
No wildcat, he did not help me. He stated what everyone knows. But, no one knows when the map will be won. Many times it goes the other way. He just wanted to take a jab at someone that plays different than himself. He should keep his one-sided comments to himself, they are not wanted here. And the comments did nothing to answer why the perks were lost. If I decide to fly for 2 hours it should be my choice without losing my hard earned perks.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:39:54 PM by asleep1 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 09:34:47 PM »
No wildcat, he did not help me. He stated what everyone knows. But, no one knows when the map will be won. Many times it goes the other way. He just wanted to take a jab at someone that plays different than himself. He should keep his one-sided comments to himself, they are not wanted here. And the comments did nothing to answer why the perks were lost. If I decide to fly for 2 hours it should be my choice without losing my hard earned perks.

I should know better than to try and help you. You obviously know more than everyone else with your "holier than thou" attitude I'm surprised anyone bothers even looking at a thread you start.

Again, you should NOT lose your perk when the war is won as long as you stay in the air. You should also NOT EARN any perks when the war is won and you stay in the air. The entire trip is like it never happened. If you did lose the "original" perks you could email HTC, but I wouldn't count on getting them back. If your talking about perks you would have earned, then talk to your teammates and see if they will send you some perks to cover the lose. I doubt you'll have much luck that way either.

I couldn't care less how you want to play the game. I was suggesting that it might be a good idea to take shorter flights if your "team" is close to winning the war. I know I don't have to tell you....because you know it all.... but if you bring up the note book and click on the war stats button it will tell you how many fields of each country your team has. From there it's pretty easy to figure out whether a 2 hour trip is a good idea, or maybe a 1 hour trip might be better given the the war situation.

Offline asleep1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 05:40:12 AM »
Like I said, nothing you replied with is a help to the problem. I lost the perk cost of the planes. Why you insist on ranting about the method of gameplay I choose, and your little comment  "one of those that only hits town centers" is not necessary. How does that help. As to winning the war, I do not expect to lose my perks if the map resets from war winning so that does not enter in to my decision to flight time, again, this is not even an answer to the problem. I have e-mailed AH already. Sometimes it helps to read and understand the post rather than inject your own self centered version of your own belief. And keep comments that have nothing to do with the problem to yourself.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 06:32:37 AM »
Like I said, nothing you replied with is a help to the problem. I lost the perk cost of the planes. Why you insist on ranting about the method of gameplay I choose, and your little comment  "one of those that only hits town centers" is not necessary. How does that help. As to winning the war, I do not expect to lose my perks if the map resets from war winning so that does not enter in to my decision to flight time, again, this is not even an answer to the problem. I have e-mailed AH already. Sometimes it helps to read and understand the post rather than inject your own self centered version of your own belief. And keep comments that have nothing to do with the problem to yourself.

yesterday was an U.S. holiday..... so since you emailed Aces High Support you should receive an answer back within 24 hours from 8:00 AM CDT today...... if you do not then it got blocked via Spam Gaurds via ISP's more than likely......

Fugitive was very cordial toward you with his last reply and confirmed how the perks work when the arena is resetting....... no need for you to continue to focus on one little part of an individual post, and since you have done emailed support , don't see why you want to continue to argue over that small section of thatother post........ unless you just want to argue with someone......

you saying you did not attempt to even land when the 4 minute warning came, you just kept on flying, knowing you was going to be discoed???  did you disco before the arena actually reset??? or did you attempt to land but ended up ditching and losing your perks

:cheers: :bolt:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 07:41:16 AM »
Don't bother TC, Mr know it all has all the answers. That's why he emailed support AND posted on a public board and then complains when he doesn't get the answer he is looking for he has already tried to tell HTC how to run his business once, I'm sure that's all he is leading up to here.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 09:02:37 AM »
I found out the hard way that you lose them if you change your mind on takeoff after the drones lift off.  I lost a bunch that way a few weeks back.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.