Author Topic: Casey Anthony Trial  (Read 4634 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Casey Anthony Trial
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »
She did it imo, but it was not proven beyond reasonable doubt which is what the law demands to end another's life.  Her life will not be peaches even though she was found not guilty.

Your right ... her life is pretty much worthless at this point.

I believe that she will go the way of OJ ... she will fail in some other way at some other time and it will get her in trouble that she won't be able to get around ... karma.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
Hmm, I have a life and I was tuning in.  I typically hate reality tv and this kind of stuff, but seeing as how this was basically the crime mystery and trial of the century, it peaked my interest.

He is just being a troll about it.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2011, 03:39:57 PM »
If she's not guilty, then HOW did Caylee die? Explain that Jury. If it is that hard to give a death sentence then I'll be more then happy to pull the plug.  :bhead  :bhead  :bhead  :bhead  :mad:

That's not the job of the jury.  I have no doubt in my mind they knew the responsibility on their shoulders, but they were not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt, simple as that.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2011, 03:47:11 PM »
He is just being a troll about it.

Obviously when you speak in generalities, you're going to include a small percentage of people in with your "groupings" that don't fit the description...... but otherwise, for 95% of the people to whom this type of garbage is appealing, well, I stand by my assessment.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »
This reminds me of the law abiding citizen.  We can say she did it until our faces turn blue.  Gotta prove it in court.  I wish whoever did this would pay.   
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
All she was convicted on was misleading a law enforcement officer? The only thing that comes to mind is the below link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdmG0k8S8k

Even if she didn't kill the yong girl, if my son or daughter came even close to drowning in a pool, I'll bet good money I would at least be found guilty of risk of injury.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:48:54 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »
I think the prosecution did an excellent job in this case, and was extremely drawn in by their closing. Baez was a bit inexperienced and it showed by his missing deadlines and witness testimony not taken in depositions. His opening was a bombshell, but he didn't bring in any real evidence to support the claims. Some of his witnesses were turned to prosecution by the end of cross. However, I think the combination of the holes he poked in the prosecution's case and the fact that the jury sat pretty much face to face with Casey for 6 weeks was why she got off. As for his closing,  unfortunately I was out of town and only caught the tail end of it at the airport, so I'll have to watch it tonight.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2011, 04:59:30 PM »
I'm taking a Forensic Anthropology class this semester and we've been following the evidence in this case. The prosecution had very little to work on really when it comes to hard evidence (which is needed for a 1st degree murder conviction)...all they had to work with was logical assumptions.

The remains and evidence found on the site only point that this little girl was not physically abused to the point of it causing bone injuries; that the remains had been in the swamp for months and that the duct tape on her head was only sold in Ohio (thus linking it to the the family's household) and that it was placed over the child's mouth and nose.

The evidence does not point in any way or form as to how she died or who did it. All it points to is that the child died and the tape was either put on her after death or it was the cause of death and that her body was transported to the playhouse for less than a day, on the trunk of the car with the blanket and plastic bags for a couple of days and then dumped on the swamp down the road from where she lived.

Anything besides that is conjecture. You cannot convict someone to the needle based on conjecture (at least in Florida).

I was surprised though that Casey was not charged for wrongful death and child neglect... or criminally negligent manslaughter. The kid died under her care and she covered it up... that cannot be denied or refuted in any way. For that she should be tossed in prison for a very long time imo.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »
Hopefully Nancy Grace can find something else to blab her fat mouth about. Oh, maybe the 2 year old kid that has been missing since November in New Braunfels? Oh nevermind. She won't cover that because he isn't white.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 05:58:12 PM »
Hopefully Nancy Grace can find something else to blab her fat mouth about. Oh, maybe the 2 year old kid that has been missing since November in New Braunfels? Oh nevermind. She won't cover that because he isn't white.

I had been following that one as well.  Tragic.  I cannot believe Joshua was never found.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2011, 11:04:31 PM »
I just watched the defense's closing and I think that was the clincher. Their presentation was a bit sloppy and all over the place, but the closing really wove the testimony and evidence (or lack thereof) into a very good argument. Some of the points Baez made clear: No DNA on tape, trunk, shovel, or clothes; no blood in trunk or on clothes; no evidence obtained from toxicology tests; no soil on any of Caylee's shoes; no cause of death; no evidence of child abuse or any indication that Casey was a bad mom; botched autopsy; homicide determination was based only on circumstances instead of science; Dr. Vass lack of expertise on the chloroform levels; lies of George and Cindy; relationship of duct tape only to George; lies of Roy Cronk; unreliability of the software that produced the 84 chloroform searches; plausibility and lack of rebuttal of drowning theory; lack of motive. Then Mason came in and hammered home the laws regarding burden of proof and reasonable doubt. I really think these two arguments in combination formed a powerful 1-2 punch that swayed not only the jury, but myself as well. In my personal opinion she is guilty, but by the letter of the law she is not guilty as there was no hard evidence that linked her to Caylee's death and a reasonable doubt as to the circumstancial evidence. Of course I haven't seen the rebuttal yet, so I'll have to watch that and see how that affects my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:07:17 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2011, 11:28:58 PM »
I think you all have been watching TotMom Nancy Disgraceful alittle to much :rofl   I hope her and her ilk get fired :aok

The offence was weak and had zilch.. The jury did the right job. I hope they reopen the case and look at George <the ex-cop, adulterer, child rapest> this time.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 11:31:32 PM »
The autopsy was not botched. That argument that they should've cut the skull was nothing but a ploy from the defense to cast doubt on it. Child's bones that have been 'dry' (bone when fully decomposed and exposed to the elements for that long loses its internal water content and becomes 'dry') for so long would shatter and crack under any type of cutting instrument. Besides, to access the underside of the skull all they had to do was turn it upside down and it could be examined easily.

That's the one thing I really dont like about the legal system: the lawyers are allowed to misdirect and outright lie about things to get their way.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 12:13:18 AM »
Do I think she is guilty of murder? Yes. Do I think the not guilty verdict was the correct one? Hell no.

Unfortunely,  because there was no physcial evidence of foulplay on the remains that could have been linked to her as killing the child than there was no proof that she killed her child. The fact the body had ductape on it after the fact wasn't enough to put her away for life(or the death sentence, assuming Florida does it) as she should have been.

It is basically OJ trial all over again.

In fact, ever since the OJ verdict, I have lost faith in our justice system no matter what state it is in.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 12:22:19 AM »
In fact, ever since the OJ verdict, I have lost faith in our justice system no matter what state it is in.
I stopped caring when I realized we had a government   :aok
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat