Author Topic: The famous "Enola gay" and "boxcar"  (Read 11043 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: The famous "Enola gay" and "boxcar"
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 12:59:19 AM »
The ego comment is technically coming from another thread.

It's just the the issue that we have "zero" tolerance for non-realistic stuff.

As we can see though, that is not the case. (And not just because of the P40. It is just my favorite skin in the game.)
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 02:14:18 AM »
Why not pink Spitfires, I mean, F4U's?     

:headscratch:

That is not even in the same ball park as what I meant, or what this is about and you know it.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 02:21:39 AM »
The muppets are trolling in a civilized forum. They think it's the O'club or the general discussion forum. They'll learn eventually.
Really, where was this?

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2011, 02:23:53 AM »
Really, where was this?

I was wondering the same thing. Unless it was agent360s comment.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2011, 04:18:52 AM »
Krusty...whats with you man?

Your usually pretty tolerable and a good source of information if needed.

But lately seeing you in this thread and some others, its like your Trying to become the dictator of all things skinning/information.

Everything alright with you man?..

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »
LOL, way to try to spin things Tyrannis... You really don't know what you're talking about.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »
LOL, way to try to spin things Tyrannis... You really don't know what you're talking about.
and lately your Ego has really gotten out of hand.

I was asking that in a friendly way, my apologies for wondering if you were ok.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
Read page 2 of this thread. If you had, you wouldn't have felt the need to make me the most convenient target. Nothing ego related. Don't believe everything spammed in a certain Ki-84 thread.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 10:15:38 AM »
Read page 2 of this thread. If you had, you wouldn't have felt the need to make me the most convenient target. Nothing ego related. Don't believe everything spammed in a certain Ki-84 thread.
:headscratch:
Whatever you say....

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 07:35:29 PM »
Krusty... Tyrannis was seeing your posts recently, and noticing that they weren't sounding quite like yourself. Whether they were or they weren't is out of the question. He was concerned, and wanted to see if anything was bugging you or something. He was being polite. Nothing to do with targets,

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 10:52:04 AM »
Bockscar and Enola Gay were used for other missions... here we are with the rash statements again.

By regular bombs, I'm sure you will defualt to pointy things with a tail, you were meaning high explosive not atom..

"Bockscar was used in several training and practice missions from Tinian, and four combat missions in which it dropped pumpkin bombs on industrial targets in Japan. Bocks crew bombed Niihama and Musashino, and 1st Lt. Don Albury and crew C-15 bombed Toyama."

"The B-29 was delivered to the 393rd Bomb Squadron at Wendover Field, Utah, where aircrews of were engaged in intensive training under a cloak of secrecy. In June, aircraft and crew flew to Tinian Island in the Marianas. From there, "Bockscar," named for its pilot (Bock), flew five bombing missions. On four of these, a 10,000 pound bomb loaded with high explosives was dropped. Nicknamed "pumpkin" bombs because of their shape and orange color, these were the same size and shape as the actual atomic bomb dropped at Nagasaki"

"The Enola Gay arrived on Tinian on 6 July 1945. Prior to flying the first atomic combat mission the Enola Gay flew eight practice missions from Tinian, then two conventional bombing missions over Japan using the 6300 pound "pumpkin" high explosive bomb, designed to simulate the characteristics of the Fat Man bomb. The Enola Gay bombed Kobe on 24 July and Koriyama on 26 July."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:24:54 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
Call it what you want, those were practice missions for the A-bomb drop. Hence the highly specialized stand-in bomb that no other bomber could carry.

These are not conventional bombs and they were not standard loadouts. In fact I don't think these planes could physically CARRY normal bombs anymore. Their bomb bay layout was changed to allow them to carry the atomics.

No way to spin it, these were NOT typical airframes, nor were they regularly used in combat.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 03:28:18 PM »
Did HTC say they cannot be used?

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »
The facts are the 509th flew 64 combat sorties, 12 missions, all at squadron strength, 51 sorties with pumpkin bombs. There were 15 planes not 2 and  7 strikes made on the 14th, 5 days after Nagasaki with more planed .....but the next day...well u know.

Pumpkin Bomb is the same with the Plutonium Atomic Bomb in size and weight. This bomb is filled with large a quantity of high explosive Torpex, 60% RDX, 40% TNT.

So maybe we need "Some Punkins"

This was the standard loadout for 509th and they were HE bombs just very large.

:cheers:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:53:30 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline PropHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:18 PM »
The facts are the 509th flew 64 combat sorties, 12 missions, all at squadron strength, 51 sorties with pumpkin bombs. There were 15 planes not 2 and  7 strikes made on the 14th, 5 days after Nagasaki with more planed .....but the next day...well u know.

Pumpkin Bomb is the same with the Plutonium Atomic Bomb in size and weight. This bomb is filled with large a quantity of high explosive Torpex, 60% RDX, 40% TNT.

(Image removed from quote.)

So maybe we need "Some Punkins"

(Image removed from quote.)

This was the standard loadout for 509th and they were HE bombs just very large.

:cheers:

But can you imagine all the code for for dem dar punkin"s? And no Im not making fun, But I can do that cause I live in the south. :neener: :salute
I love WWI planes but they dont like me at all. :(
-------------------------------
Appointed by the masses.
The people have spoken.
They just didn't say anything intellegent... - Von Messa