Author Topic: I feel a little better now  (Read 456 times)

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
I feel a little better now
« on: July 21, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »
Many times I find myself unloading numerous rounds of large caliber ammo from point blank range to no avail...  I'm pretty sure its because I suck...

But so do these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZpbQDLtIew&feature=feedrec_grec_index
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: I feel a little better now
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »
In 1941 the Soviet air force was in shambles. Most of the senior experienced officers from the top all the way down to individual units were "purged" just before the war due to Stalin's paranoid delusions and sociopathic tendencies. That left the Soviets woefully undertrained and with one of the weakest air forces on the planet at the time. They prided themselves on 1000s of airframes, but they couldn't do the most basic tasks with those airframes.

It was really tragic in many cases. During the German invasion some Germans were appalled by it. Soviet bomber formations only told the lead bomber in the formation where to go or what the target was (again, paranoia on Stalin's part, fearing uprising by all everywhere). The bombers would take no actions when attacked, flying level. Germans took out the lead (the only one knowing where to go) and the rest kept flying straight while they got shot down 1 by 1... It sickened some German fighter pilots. I guess it felt more like murder than combat.

They ramped up their training and put a lot of effort into it, but their sytem was not widely developed, relying on a few "aces" to talk to the pilots in their immediate squadrons and try to teach them what works and doesn't, etc. By 1945 they were turning out pilots on par with any other allied nations, but it took pretty much until the war was over for Germany before that happened.

Your video link says July 1941. That would be why they sucked so bad as you say.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
Re: I feel a little better now
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:07:38 PM »
I don't think he was talking about the Bombers, more like he was talking about the German fighters because of all the rounds that they were pouring into the bombers. Nice history lesson though.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!