Author Topic: The forum wont let me post a one sentence reply.  (Read 521 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
The forum wont let me post a one sentence reply.
« on: July 16, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »

Usually the forum lets us post a lot longer replies, this must be a bug. I tried re-loging and switching computers, keep getting the same 80 character limit. However I was able to post this thread without a problem, and it is obviously more than 80 characters long.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:49:40 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: The forum wont let me post a one sentence reply.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
Thread Title exceeds 80-characters.  If possible they should maybe consider changing that warning to say "Thread Title exceeds 80 characters".
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 01:55:28 AM »
Thread Title exceeds 80-characters.  If possible they should maybe consider changing that warning to say "Thread Title exceeds 80 characters".

Thanks, I switched the title to "." and it worked. I guess the "Re: " made it 80 characters.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 11:29:10 AM »
Thanks, I switched the title to "." and it worked. I guess the "Re: " made it 80 characters.

Yeah, I wish people would put the body of their post in the body, not the title; titles are supposed to be short and meaningful to what the post is about.  :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 10:16:46 PM »
I see people report this "bug" about once a month here.  I'm surprised you haven't seen it before...

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 02:20:46 AM »
I see people report this "bug" about once a month here.  I'm surprised you haven't seen it before...

Nope, been here since 2007 and never seen it before.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn