Author Topic: Next Scenario  (Read 4538 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Next Scenario
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 10:36:26 PM »
Why haven't we had a Normandy one or the battle of France? We have the maps for it, and we have all the needed aircraft.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 10:56:23 PM »
Why haven't we had a Normandy one or the battle of France? We have the maps for it, and we have all the needed aircraft.

Due to 8th air force bombing of German oil stations before the landings, luftwaffe operations were few and far between in Normandy. By the time of the breakout, most gruppen were pulled back to Germany to defend the Reich. If there were any credible gruppen left in France, they were severely ill-equipped
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:58:41 PM by Wildcat1 »
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 11:06:11 PM »

Normandy would be an easy one.  2 190 pilots, 800 flak panzers and 1000 Allied fighter bomber pilots :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 12:06:44 AM »
Normandy would be an easy one.  2 190 pilots, 800 flak panzers and 1000 Allied fighter bomber pilots :)

Yup :aok

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 01:44:14 AM »
Due to 8th air force bombing of German oil stations before the landings, luftwaffe operations were few and far between in Normandy. By the time of the breakout, most gruppen were pulled back to Germany to defend the Reich. If there were any credible gruppen left in France, they were severely ill-equipped

Little more research there.  The Luftwaffe reinforced after the landings.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 02:03:45 AM »
Little more research there.  The Luftwaffe reinforced after the landings.

Doh!!

Shows you how good my research abilities are

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 12:54:12 PM »
OK, so Normandy and/or battle of France is completly possible. I say we need to run it  :rock.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
A lot of what we run has to do with what terrains are available.  I like mid-war MTO as much as everything else.  In fact, what was supposed to be running right now was mid-war MTO.  It was ready to go, but there was an issue that we couldn't get around, and late in our process we substituted Coral Sea, as the terrain was all up to date, tested, and the design was done.

I don't dislike any theater or time period.  I like them all.  What I like best in scenarios is representation of what battles were fought and variety.  I like it best when we are able to vary the theater, time period, and style of combat from scenario to scenario.

Brooke,

I want to assure you that no harm was meant by my comments. The staff performs a remarkable service for the AH community. Thanks for all that you guys do... I do understand now that there are limitations to each scenario and the resources are not always available to mitigate some of the technical issues. As long as the thoughts are being given to a great period and theater of aerial combat. That's good enough for me.

With that said and when the maps are fixed...

Please consider "The Battle of Salerno"  :aok

Epic battle with American low end hardware., P-40s, P-38Gs, P39Ds, B-25s-26s against FW190A-5s, BF109Fs, G2s-G6s, C202s, C205s, JU87s and  Ju88s...  :airplane:

It was truly confidence and experience that allowed the Yanks to survive.  :salute

Thanks again...

Redtail7
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »
You based this statement on what exactly?

A profile I did for my youngest son. This is his fictional Red Tail Mustang.   I note you have an interest in Red Tails as well. You should see what his room looks like!  So as far as interest in the MTO, I'd suggest you are incorrect, and my interest isn't limited to just the 332nd :)

Guppy,

EXCELLENT! Do you skin? If you do, I will fly your skin. Just incase you do decide to create a 332nd FG skin. Please give thought to this one;

P-51C-10, 42-103956 #7 100th FS, 332nd FG "Miss-Pelt" Flown by 1st Lt. Clarence "Lucky" Lester Italy 1944.

As I mentioned to Brooke, my comments were not meant to be inflammatory. I know that the CM staff is well read in all of the WWII theaters. I have had an interest in the Redtails as long and as far back as I could remember who they were and what they did. That's been quite a while now. This was a history unlike any other.

:salute
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 07:12:57 PM »
Guppy,

EXCELLENT! Do you skin? If you do, I will fly your skin. Just incase you do decide to create a 332nd FG skin. Please give thought to this one;

P-51C-10, 42-103956 #7 100th FS, 332nd FG "Miss-Pelt" Flown by 1st Lt. Clarence "Lucky" Lester Italy 1944.

As I mentioned to Brooke, my comments were not meant to be inflammatory. I know that the CM staff is well read in all of the WWII theaters. I have had an interest in the Redtails as long and as far back as I could remember who they were and what they did. That's been quite a while now. This was a history unlike any other.

:salute

No worries :)

Check your PMs regarding Red Tails :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »
No problem here, either.  Also, I would love to fly in a scenario like you describe!  :aok

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2011, 09:47:09 PM »
Just so you know, my dream scenario would be 1943 RAF v Luftwaffe Channel Front.  About as even a fight as you can get.  Spit V and IXs, Tiffies, 190A5s, 109G6s, Mitchells, Marauders and the occasional Mossie.  Ju88s, 110Gs and 109F8s standing in for those tip and run raiders the LW was using against the south coast.

+1

I love the Circus match-ups, although I lean more towards late 1942/ early 1943 to keep some of the speed monsters out of the scenario.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011, 11:04:43 PM »
+1

I love the Circus match-ups, although I lean more towards late 1942/ early 1943 to keep some of the speed monsters out of the scenario.

Well we haven't winged in Spits since the Airwarrior Italy scenario.  Probably about time to try that again :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2011, 11:55:11 AM »
Well we haven't winged in Spits since the Airwarrior Italy scenario.  Probably about time to try that again :)

Don't tell anyone I was in a Spit, I can imagine the comments I would receive because of it.

That one fight was something I will never forget; prior to voice comms the 2 of us dominated a fight vs 3 high Fw190s, with 2 of them dead and the other running home with damage. Frankly, that was probably the most fun I have ever had in any online flight sim. It is like a drug, you want that feeling again but the conditions aren't the same to recreate it and it adds to the frustration.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »
Don't tell anyone I was in a Spit

:huh :confused: :headscratch: :uhoh......

:bolt: