Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13909 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #330 on: July 21, 2011, 03:02:14 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:35:57 PM by hitech »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #331 on: July 21, 2011, 03:04:03 PM »
I can't tell if Agent is being serious or mocking.

I'll simply say: The customer is not always right. That is a fallacy.

Where did he say the customer is always right?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #332 on: July 21, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »
They did it because you jerks wont pick a side, because you jerks like to spy on other teams, because you jerks are jerks!
Honestly, i would have people register to ONE side,forever....period.

Know why? because im not a side changing "its all about me and my game, i wanna win win win!!" jerk.

The only time people should be allowed to "change sides" is if they are sent a invite from someone on the other team (Squad leader .ect .ect), like how some squads like to change sides to fly with other squads, and that's fine.

Pick a side and stick with it! Knights forever, ya jerks!

:aok :neener: :D
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #333 on: July 21, 2011, 03:52:16 PM »
Why don't we all go knights so knights can always win.... Hey it will be like EW on steroids.

Rooks :1
Bish: 0
Knights :474

Wow, look how fast we steam rolled that map, hooray us, we is da best!
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #334 on: July 21, 2011, 05:01:17 PM »
Notice how as a member of the Committee yells loudly decrying any individual citizen, thus changing  the mobs direction, the rest of the Committee starts another side show within the show.

Still even Agent does not, nor has found a way to answer why HiTech has chozen 12 hours for the side change rule. I guess it's a stretch but, vitrolic passion can substitute in the void of any reason.

This certaintly is an excellent tipping point for various players to speak their real feelings about the games creator and with crystal candor how much they detest those of the game's community not privelged to their olympian circle.

If you read the memoirs of the real Committee of Public Safety they had similar atttiudes and feelings in 1793. Unlike today, in the 1700's there was no Internet hiding the targets of their passions and directing the mobs to castigate them roughly. Some historians beleive a quarter million innocent french citizens died at the hands of Committee aimed mobs.

In revolutions on a state scale or in teapots in the dark. The hearts of the actors and scenes in this play never change. Robespierre and the Committee under different names at different times are the vocal elites and heart of the discord. Only how the "body afflicted" being exterminated or bullied by them changes as the last act of this play when ever it is presented.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: July 21, 2011, 05:03:53 PM »
I've seen people state whether they like the new rules or they don't like it. I've seen people state their reason for their point of view. There seem to be others who's only purpose is to antagonize others. Is this the norm on this BBS? Frankly, I think they are making themselves look foolish. Especially if they have nothing more to contribute to the thread than that.

Fujita, I like you sir.  :salute
Wag more, bark less.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #336 on: July 21, 2011, 05:10:34 PM »
They did it because you jerks wont pick a side, because you jerks like to spy on other teams, because you jerks are jerks!
Honestly, i would have people register to ONE side,forever....period.

Know why? because im not a side changing "its all about me and my game, i wanna win win win!!" jerk.

The only time people should be allowed to "change sides" is if they are sent a invite from someone on the other team (Squad leader .ect .ect), like how some squads like to change sides to fly with other squads, and that's fine.

Pick a side and stick with it! Knights forever, ya jerks!

:aok :neener: :D

I used to be a Knight "forever", until I realized how dumb rabid country loyalty is.  Nothing wrong with sticking with one side and your friends, but there are cool people on the other two sides that you will never know by not switching.  Oh and by the way, some of the people on the nits (maybe even some of your friends) probably do the same stuff that pisses you off when the other sides do it.  :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #337 on: July 21, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
I'm sure what you consider "a fight", I and many others consider a boring EZ mode green horde.  Now we are forced to partake in it or log off.

Foolish.  The numbers have already been on the steady decline for the past year or so now.  How will your gaming experience be any better if there are even less players online flying?  Or do you actually think the net result of this change will be positive player growth?  If so, how?

Yep, and until he does, I will just have to assume certain things that will get me Rule 4'd if I elaborate upon.

This whle thread can be summed up and finished with his post. "The one that go through" :)
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #338 on: July 21, 2011, 05:16:30 PM »
Agent360, if you are paying 14.95 a month you only have one right.

Stop paying 14.95 a month.

Exercising that right means you wont be able to play however.

I am not suggesting that anyone should stop playing or stop paying.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline F6Fraven

• Zinc Member
« Reply #339 on: July 21, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
Just a little heads up, not everyone plays to "win the war." Personally, I couldn't care less if people want to spy on the other side, locate CV's and point out NOE missions, that has little effect on my game. I play to dogfight, not to bomb or take bases, therefore, when people spy it goes unnoticed by me because I just don't care about that aspect of the game. With that said, even though I switch sides frequently I won't relay any info, I respect that some people do play to win the war, and that's fine with me.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #340 on: July 21, 2011, 05:35:48 PM »
Agent360, if you are paying 14.95 a month you only have one right.
Stop paying 14.95 a month.

if you pay for a product, you have the right to say whatever you want about said product.   welcome to america.
-AoM-

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #341 on: July 21, 2011, 05:42:13 PM »
if you pay for a product, you have the right to say whatever you want about said product.   welcome to america.

Sir, you have that right whether you pay or not. 

Paying 14.95 gives you no more rights than you had before.  It may seem I am arguing semantics here but the English language is fairly well suited to illuminate an idea properly with "it's" correct usage.  I generally choose my words and sentence structure carefully to avoid ambiguity.  Sometimes I fail.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »

Wrong, not here you don't, it's called "TERMS OF SERVICE", read it noob!
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #343 on: July 21, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
the last few responses...  :noid

you're right in that there are no "first amendment rights" on this BBS... however, just as a customer can vote with their wallet, they can also opine about their purchase <edit: whether allowed to here, or elsewhere; wherever /edit> (sheesh don't even have to buy something to have an opinion about it.)

so both sides are "right."

just sayin'   :banana:

on topic: meh... still don't care much for it, but neither do i limit myself in having other options.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:05:56 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #344 on: July 21, 2011, 05:57:14 PM »
 :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:58:50 PM by IrishOne »
-AoM-