Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13276 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #420 on: July 22, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
I second the sentiments of Oldman. Maybe one day the legend will return to our skies.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #421 on: July 22, 2011, 01:44:45 PM »
Look at what HiTech said:

That's the stated major rationale for why they went to one hour IMO.  The consequences of going to two arenas were massive side imbalances (likely due to the lower side switching limit necessary to accommodate two arenas).  In addition, it's very likely that players on the "losing" side were more likely to switch to a new arena, exacerbating side imbalances even more.  With one arena, you don't need to allow people to change countries when moving to a new arena; the rationale for allowing that no longer exists.

You can put 200 on each team and there will most likely be no balance. Balance in a game is much more than simply numbers. We are not countries fighting eachother.... we are people. Each individual has his own idea of what a fight is.

The lessened ability to find that fight is a handicap.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #422 on: July 22, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »
The lessened ability to find that fight is a handicap.

Okay, I can buy that.  What you'd said originally was that side balancing was handicapped by this change.  If anything, the change promotes more long-term balance in numbers between the sides.  That doesn't really speak to the quality or abundance of fights though.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #423 on: July 22, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
Okay, I can buy that.  What you'd said originally was that side balancing was handicapped by this change.  If anything, the change promotes more long-term balance in numbers between the sides.  That doesn't really speak to the quality or abundance of fights though.

As observed, there was no side balancing problem for the past 3 weeks, was there? I've observed very balanced sides and no ENY issues. This leads me to believe that 1 hour capability was not leading to everyone jumping to the side with most people. But maybe it was unbalanced and I didn't notice?  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #424 on: July 22, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »

As observed, there was no side balancing problem for the past 3 weeks, was there? I've observed very balanced sides and no ENY issues. This leads me to believe that 1 hour capability was not leading to everyone jumping to the side with most people. But maybe it was unbalanced and I didn't notice?  :salute

Once we shifted back to one arena, the numbers did indeed fluctuate fairly wildly depending on time of day.  Now the 3 sides have become a bit more stable (I'm not seeing huge imbalace in raws nbrs when I log on, I am however seeing huge variations in the "fights" to be found... it's still often a horde/avoidance mentality.)

I've always managed to find the kind of action I prefer for the most part.

YMMV
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #425 on: July 22, 2011, 04:43:44 PM »
omg i now must rethink my life, i envy the muppets. oh wait, no i can whine and beatch just as well as they do  :banana: :banana: :banana:.

semp
Don't argue with the N1K pileet Semp, hes hasn't had his grande latte enema this morning.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #426 on: July 22, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
Don't argue with the N1K pileet Semp, hes hasn't had his grande latte enema this morning.
Running late again were we?

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #427 on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »

TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2011, 07:10:32 PM »
Is levi that guy who is good in a spit? Heard his name tossed around before.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2011, 07:53:22 PM »
As someone told me yesterday about this thread, "Envy is an extreme form of flattery"  :lol

Yeah, we're envious of a squad that cried hystericaly like babies for 24 hours before being called out on how pathetic they all looked taking that aproach of raising an objection with HiTech.  Then they resorted to hiding behind their internet anonomity to safely resort to name calling and insults in a virtual community, because?  :rolleyes:

We're Pigs, we already walked into this thing covered in mud and smelling like !@#$, what's the Muppet's excuse?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline dev41

• Zinc Member
« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2011, 08:20:10 PM »
We're Pigs, we already walked into this thing covered in mud and smelling like !@#$, what's the Muppet's excuse?

I don't really know you guys that well, although I flew with a bunch of you earlier in the week. I enjoyed that night and I have appreciated your contributions to this thread. Just wanted to give you guys a salute :salute  :aok
Weta
Jagdgeschwader 77 HERZ-AS

Offline dev41

• Zinc Member
« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »
Just thought I would mention that I have been enjoying my popcorn these last few days as well.  :D
Weta
Jagdgeschwader 77 HERZ-AS

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #432 on: July 22, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »
Is levi that guy who is good in a spit? Heard his name tossed around before.
He was before he got in to pixies and what have you. Damn good actually,even better than you :D

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #433 on: July 22, 2011, 11:13:35 PM »
Yeah, we're envious of a squad that cried hystericaly like babies for 24 hours before being called out on how pathetic they all looked taking that aproach of raising an objection with HiTech.  Then they resorted to hiding behind their internet anonomity to safely resort to name calling and insults in a virtual community, because?  :rolleyes:

:rofl Don't need one

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #434 on: July 22, 2011, 11:22:08 PM »
He was before he got in to pixies and what have you. Damn good actually,even better than you :D
I suck dude lol.  I wanna see him and Kazaa go at it in spits :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek