Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13278 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #450 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »
Dunno, you'll have to ask HiTech.  If I had to guess, 12 works better than 24 because it doesn't punish you if you switched sides at the end of the previous evening.  Each night is a blank slate.

sigh
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #451 on: July 23, 2011, 09:11:18 PM »
12 works better than 6?  Certainly the average flying session is less than six hours...

Again, I'm not HTC.  You'll have to ask them.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #452 on: July 23, 2011, 09:17:08 PM »
Maybe Babalonian and Bustr know.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #453 on: July 23, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »
In Air Warrior, it was 24 hrs... I can't speak for WB... In AH it was 12... for whatever initial reason... it may have been tweaked at time I don't really recall... then i guess with split arena 1 hr became the standard, and now we're back to one arena, so there's no "reason" other than,  it's pretty much always been that way (with one arena).

Now if y'all are asking HTC to consider *changing* the 12 hr limit...   :noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
I suck dude lol.  I wanna see him and Kazaa go at it in spits :)

You don't understand the true meaning of good. Anyone can get good at dueling for ego. Some of us old fogies like to duel purely for fun, but that is not 'being good' either.

Levi was the master of the furball. He displayed reactions second to none, his SA was clairvoyant, his nerve was unshakable in any odds and most importantly, something which you youngsters need to understand about 'being good', his attitude was all class. He never acted like someone who was better than the next man and would give the time of day to anyone in the game. He also sucks, ask Drex if you ever see him.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »
I'll take a stab at this one Slash, bearing in mind that I am not HTC.  I think HTC's idea of a side imbalance is a significant difference in the amount of players from one country to another.  I do not believe that they are addressing what your core concern is, and I believe that is that you are looking for a certain type of fight with a specific balance of numbers regardless of country population numbers.  How'd I do? :headscratch:
It not as much a certain type of "fight" as it is a fight at all. Contrary to what is projected on to myself as well as my squad by those with some hangup about their status in cartoon world, I am not looking for furball utopia. It does not exist here. While I may prefer a pointless furball to landgrabbing, I don't knock a fight that is spawned from base capture. However, the locust swarm form of base capture is the lame and I could not find it to be more boring or a waste of my time. Up 30 P-51s, flatten everything, capture, hurry up and land, go to the other side of the map. :huh

I have it thrown in my face to just strap a bomb on and go make my own fight. "Build it and they will come." My ass. I've been here 10 years and that is not the magic formula for a fight. I don't tell you how you should spend your time in AH so spare me your outrage when you don't like the fact I respond to your chickenshit attacks of me and my friends when we don't care to play your way.

All I ask it the opportunity to help balance the numbers by switching. I know this puts me in the same category as the Dixie Chicks, but AH "country" loyalty is a joke in the big picture of the game and I don't care about it. Some of you act like you'd rather quit the game then <gasp> switch sides!! Ok, what ever. Don't switch, I don't care. I'll switch and give you something to shoot at.

And I don't think even numbers is the only factor in side balancing. Even numbers and not a fight on "my side" is a good balance for me how? There were even numbers for the most part late last night yet we still had to switch because there was NO FIGHT. This isn't new, this isn't rare. Maybe one hour is too short, maybe it isn't. I do know that 12 is too long and should be rethought.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2011, 10:02:28 PM »

You don't understand the true meaning of good. Anyone can get good at dueling for ego. Some of us old fogies like to duel purely for fun, but that is not 'being good' either.

Levi was the master of the furball. He displayed reactions second to none, his SA was clairvoyant, his nerve was unshakable in any odds and most importantly, something which you youngsters need to understand about 'being good', his attitude was all class. He never acted like someone who was better than the next man and would give the time of day to anyone in the game. He also sucks, ask Drex if you ever see him.

LOL now Todd is old and apparently dead too.....er....he was +Dead, DeadF etc.  Sounding a bit like his obituary Bat :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2011, 10:23:33 PM »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2011, 10:29:36 PM »
LOL now Todd is old and apparently dead too.....er....he was +Dead, DeadF etc.  Sounding a bit like his obituary Bat :)

haha, he is dead in AH land currently, the only difference being anyone who leaves can ressurect themself for a mere $14.95
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #459 on: July 23, 2011, 10:35:16 PM »

Were you taking subtle stabs at me or am I am exaggerating?  I understand the true meaning of good.  I've never seen him fly was just curious.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #460 on: July 23, 2011, 10:42:43 PM »

Well put mate!    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #461 on: July 23, 2011, 10:44:39 PM »
I know this puts me in the same category as the Dixie Chicks, but AH "country" loyalty is a joke in the big picture of the game and I don't care about it. Some of you act like you'd rather quit the game then <gasp> switch sides!! Ok, what ever. Don't switch, I don't care. I'll switch and give you something to shoot at.

:cheers:

I too am a AH Dixie Chick   :salute

In game - Assi      JG2

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #462 on: July 23, 2011, 10:50:15 PM »
Were you taking subtle stabs at me or am I am exaggerating?  I understand the true meaning of good.  I've never seen him fly was just curious.

You should know i'm not subtle. It was not a stab at anyone, it was an explanation and a little advise.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #463 on: July 23, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #464 on: July 24, 2011, 08:28:44 AM »
And I don't think even numbers is the only factor in side balancing. Even numbers and not a fight on "my side" is a good balance for me how?

I think that's a perfectly valid criticism.  Balancing sides sort of assumes that good fights develop as a result of equal numbers.  My experience in Air Warrior and Aces High tells me that this is probably true, but it's not always true.  It sure doesn't feel balanced if you're the one country getting ganged up on by the other two.