Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13431 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2011, 06:16:14 PM »
Can you share the logic behind the move back?

heh... good thing i read thru teh thread, or I was going ot be asking the same question.  Thanks for taking the heat.  :banana:  :bolt:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:37:41 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2011, 06:18:06 PM »
get rid of the time to switch completely,    and give a complete mute except in squad, for 20 minutes if you switch within 10 minutes, this would fix the spying and allow to go where the fight is at all times, and not be stuck on the side that is hoarding which can be the lowest numbered side.

I have absolutely switched to the lowest numbered side to find that we had the biggest hoard and that was the only fight to on the map.

please HTC think about this it would totally fix the side switching spies, which is why I am guessing this change is happening....

you yourself said the game is about combat, the war is to perpetuate Combat, which is the only reason I am here COMBAT, this seriously restricts that.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
get rid of the time to switch completely,    and give a complete mute except in squad, for 20 minutes if you switch within 10 minutes, this would fix the spying

You don't think nobody would use any other means of communication? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »
HTC is the King of absurdly drastic spectrum to other end of spectrum changes.

Examples:

-Changes 1 hour wait time to 12 hours.  No stops in between, just straight to the other side of the spectrum.  :bhead  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
-Changes under radar from 500ft to 65 ft.  Goes from easy to impossible in one update.  :bhead :bhead  :bhead
-Changes to town:  Goes from insanely easy to kill and capture to almost impossible with the graphical updates.  8 months later, they finally decide to make it a percentage of the town.  :bhead :bhead
-Airplane fires.  Goes from up to a minute of lit candles flying around the sky to 4 seconds tops and then the plane is dead.   :bhead
-DA: Posts a rule that if you interrupt side base fights it is against the rules and you will be banned from the game, then all of a sudden it's not even against the rules.  :bhead :bhead :bhead

SERIOUSLY.  What is up with the knee jerk end of spectrum to other end of spectrum in the blink of an eye changes this game sees all too often?  Every heard of baby steps?

TOTAL COUNT: 14 Head wall bangs for HTC.

One time when Hitech was a boy he fell off a cliff.  It looked just like Wile E. Coyote falling off a cliff, he stepped off, he didn't fall, he looked down, he looked up then...BAM...terminal velocity. Because he didn't die at the bottom and found the experience exhilarating, he craved the experience again.  He went home and watched cartoons and happened to see Wile E. Coyote do the same thing.  The light bulb went on.  He realized in toonland, this is the way things worked.  He combined his love for airplanes with his desire to be in a toon world and have toon things happen.  Because toon physics would not be appropriate for a flight simulator he decided to govern the realm in an analogous way.  This is why we go from one extreme to the other INSTANTLY.  

Are there any other questions?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:28:26 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »
Grizz,

So you have identified 14 times HiTech has performed an action that makes no sense to your view of the AH universe mechanism. Do you think he has the time or would even bother to point out the thousands or possibly more from the total player base since 1999 to today as the root\adminsitrator and creator of this game? I always imagine you saying something like this to other players. Guess this is my one to HiTech's 14.

I've won $5 on a bet that you have special privleges with HTC because HiTech takes you along for rides in the RV8 every sunday and beers after. If anyone sees aeneus again tell him I win the bet. He was always a little ticked at you Grizz.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »
Grizz,

So you have identified 14 times HiTech has performed an action that makes no sense to your view of the AH universe mechanism.

No. I named 5 things off the top of my head in about 30 seconds of thought and then equated a number of head to wall bangs each epic fail was worth.  I'm sure there are plenty more.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »
Guys, do you REALLY think HiTech needs more of this !@#$ already in his life?!

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »
No. I named 5 things off the top of my head in about 30 seconds of thought and then equated a number of head to wall bangs each epic fail was worth.  I'm sure there are plenty more.

Easy Grizz, easy.

Since when did HTC's decision's become negotiable?  :lol

:old:
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
HTC is the King of absurdly drastic spectrum to other end of spectrum changes.

Examples:

-Changes 1 hour wait time to 12 hours.  No stops in between, just straight to the other side of the spectrum.  :bhead  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
-Changes under radar from 500ft to 65 ft.  Goes from easy to impossible in one update.  :bhead :bhead  :bhead
-Changes to town:  Goes from insanely easy to kill and capture to almost impossible with the graphical updates.  8 months later, they finally decide to make it a percentage of the town.  :bhead :bhead
-Airplane fires.  Goes from up to a minute of lit candles flying around the sky to 4 seconds tops and then the plane is dead.   :bhead
-DA: Posts a rule that if you interrupt side base fights it is against the rules and you will be banned from the game, then all of a sudden it's not even against the rules anymore.  :bhead :bhead :bhead

SERIOUSLY.  What is up with the knee jerk end of spectrum to other end of spectrum in the blink of an eye changes this game sees all too often?  Every heard of baby steps?

TOTAL COUNT: 14 Head wall bangs for HTC.

I get what you're saying here Grizz, and yes dramatic changes vs incremental changes are harder to swallow and sometime don't make perfect sense. Consider this:  Which is more time efficient and decisive?

A: One massive change that elicits a decided player response one way or another (which takes relatively little effort to coad).  

or

B.  Three or four incremental coad changes (much more time intensive) which will yield a near perfect (and hence indiscernible) 50/50 player split along the way.

Further, causing a major player outcry or hallelujah has the effect of creating debate and a player base quorum.

Lastly: I am just fine with this change and don't see it going away. 1.  This will negatively impact the cheap gamer spying perk hunter types (vTards)  2. This will negatively impact the other end of the spectrum: the side-switching furballers (Shane, 80th).  3.  BUT.  I would argue the majority of players fall between these extremes 4. It will benefit squads with country allegiance (Pigs)  5. There will be furballers on each side unhappy with this.  If they can't stand combat in the context of a greater objective why are they in the MA at all vs the DA?  6.  Getting all "psych-major" here but with players forced to trend towads "ingroup/outgroup" dynamics there will be some awesome rivalries formed. We gain identity through our enemies. While this is a sad flaw of humanity it will make for great gaming.

Even more lastly:  Where does the DAR sit now?  Are we happy with it? Are we happy with how town captures are handled?  Does it look better and more realistic than it did before?  Is it more fun as a result?  I say the answer to all these things is yes.  We also have the B-29 now too.  Hitech listens and should be afforded a little opportunity to experiment towards a better game.   :salute

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:49:52 PM by Letalis »
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »
Strange , it has been 12 hours for more years then the previous setting.

HiTech
What kind of explanation is this? Oh wait, we don't get those because you know what we really need. Not what is fun. Stupid customers.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Doesn't matter if he needs it, he's going to get it anyway.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2011, 06:39:45 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
Thank god for cheerleaders. You go girl.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »
You don't think nobody would use any other means of communication? ;)

of course.....someone that does that will do whatever it takes...but why else would this change be implemented?

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2011, 06:45:21 PM »
Doesn't matter if he needs it, he's going to get it anyway.

Soooo much of this thread, and it's next 20 pages, can be summed up right here with that sentence.

Lets break out the popcorn, lawn chairs and beer chests now.
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
I'm happy.

Grizz just helped me win $5 on this game.

Lawn chairs and beer coolers time....... :D

Babs pass the popcorn.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.