Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13437 times)

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2011, 06:36:56 AM »
 What a bunch a whine babies

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2011, 06:39:09 AM »
What a bunch a whine babies

No kidding...................... ... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2011, 07:07:47 AM »
What's the big deal about 1 hour if you "don't care about failed missions " ?

Because I don't like to be stuck on a side with no real combat options, which does happens frequently. When I do see one side totally ganged and outnumbered I like to hop there instead of being one of the gangers. With 12 hours, I won't be able to help balancing anything.

when ppl can't change that often sides will not ganged and outnumbered because sides will stay balanced! ppl change because they wanna be on the winning side. I don't care, we LD are a rook Squadron, but not an  (active) factor of land grabbing.

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2011, 07:08:13 AM »
I suggest that the fundamental difference between those who object to raising the time limit to changing and those who don't, boils down to the difference between the finding a fight, and picking a fight.  

Wisdom here. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2011, 07:09:49 AM »
Bottom line, if nobody's fighting you, it isn't your country's fault, it's not your countryman's fault, or even your opponent's fault, it's simply that nobody considers you worth fighting.  

If you build it, they will come.

Sooo when I go into an arena, see 6 guys grabbing bases without any resistance, up to defend against them and they immediately drop everything once they realize there's opposition and go to attack the other country... it's just because I'm not "worth a fight"?

:lol

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2011, 07:15:54 AM »
when ppl can't change that often sides will not ganged and outnumbered because sides will stay balanced! ppl change because they wanna be on the winning side.

Have you been here when we had 1 LW, 12h switching limit for years? ;)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2011, 07:32:58 AM »
Dyran and his group are happy to fly around for two hours and only engage in one fight because they have all the advantages. Flying around for an hour and NOT getting into a fight is nothing new to them.

While I don't switch often, I've always liked the option. Switch, fly with friends, they log, I switch back. I can see where this hurts a bunch of players, but I can't see where it helps any.

Maybe HTC can step in an give us a reason why they did it.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2011, 07:33:49 AM »
I suggest that the fundamental difference between those who object to raising the time limit to changing and those who don't, boils down to the difference between the finding a fight, and picking a fight.  Whether ENY crippled, or grossly outnumbered, I have never had a problem finding or picking a fight.  If you can't find a fight, all you need to do is give someone a reason to fight you. If you can't find a fight, and you aren't giving your opponent a reason to fight you... Well duh, it's because you aren't worth the fight.

Try taking something from them that they deem worth defending, like maybe a base.  In my experience, this typically generates a pretty good fight.  On the other hand, I suppose you could come here to the forums to look for a fight, and cry about nobody delivering a fight to you.

Bottom line, if nobody's fighting you, it isn't your country's fault, it's not your countryman's fault, or even your opponent's fault, it's simply that nobody considers you worth fighting.  

If you build it, they will come.

You call driving 30 110s aand goon to a base "finding a fight"? Looks to me like you just want to horde a base and have little oppostion so you can win t3h warz!
Strokes

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2011, 07:40:59 AM »
You gotta be kidding me :(
Great...

/sarcasm
Seriously?
knew youd three be the first three posters :aok
     Only seems to be two opinions here...

1) Doesn't mind because it doesn't effect them

2) Absolutely hates it

Doesn't seem like a very positive change to me.
---nope it doesnt affect the 20th at all but i personally do think this 12 hour refix is too drastic. many players log in for an hour or two then log off (some come back later that night). what if they change during the first time playing and then the second time there's absolutely nothing fun to do the second time but there's a fierce fight between the other two countries? he can't go have fun because of the 12 hours. a moderate switch of 3-6 hours is much better. kills easy spying and allows the side swappers a bit of leeway so they can join the massive air battles on other fronts. <S>---
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2011, 07:59:21 AM »
Geez
Awsome...  but why??
You liked to fight "against" the horde? You werent a basetaker? Maybe you were a real, a dirty, a slimebag spy?
Its over now. Thanks to the "spy-whiners".
Join the mega-horde today! or Set up your shades!
Awsome. Maybe one hour uis too short to stop those who switch to get those crappy 25 perks for the country win, but those 25 perks are as inportant?? If no then why?
End of the hopeless rant. Be happy spy-whiners.
AoM
City of ice

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2011, 08:19:22 AM »
In recent times the level of spy paranoia has gotten way out of control, almost every time I switched countrys there was some loser asking me what I was doing there, I even had chimps trying to bluff to me they were HTC mods and they knew that I had been spying. Complete bunch of paranoid losers.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »
In recent times the level of spy paranoia has gotten way out of control, almost every time I switched countrys there was some loser asking me what I was doing there, I even had chimps trying to bluff to me they were HTC mods and they knew that I had been spying. Complete bunch of paranoid losers.
at least one thing we can agree in.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

A fair amount of work here. You must have been pretty motivated.  :salute

Just a thought here Grizz. While your assessment seems correct, perhaps the reason is very logical. Often in an equation with many variables, the values are set to the extremes to determine the sensitivity of the equation to those variables. Then they can be adjusted with some confidence.

Sure it's a risk that something bad will happen at the extremes, but I think we, as an addicted community, have a pretty long time constant before experation over the impact of a single variable.

Perhaps HiTech's re-calibrating.  :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2011, 08:29:32 AM »
Its over now. Thanks to the "spy-whiners".

As usual, we don't really know the exact reasonings behind a change. It could have been just because of the whining (but then, we still have collisions, ENY, unperked Spit 16, sinkable CV's and so on) or because the was a real problem with it or it's part of a greater scheme (unlikely) or just a "I do it because I can" moment by HT  :D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2011, 08:40:22 AM »
Is it not strange that these major changes happen whenever there is a new changes @ the office (new office, new marketing, more advertising)?

:noid
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.