Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13441 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »

I'm normally not a fan of Krusty's humor but this is pretty funny kudos.

Krusty's humor? Is there such a thing?  :D
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2011, 11:20:18 AM »
So it has finally come?  Aces High's end is here?  It's the End of Aces High!  Quick, give me all yourz moneyz, er...um...perkz!!!

My first thoughts about this thread after reading all this...

So far I've seen mostly crying, whining and <bleep>ing...

"ENY. Translation: prevents me from flying my fav ride" (Guess what, it does that to me to.  The difference, I'm not afraid to fly the A6M2/3 or even the B-25C and Boston III against LW birds.  Good perks. :devil).

"There are no fights anywhere" (That can be the BIGGEST load of steamy hockey puck I hear as an excuse.  EVERY time I log in, I see some kind of fight going on SOMEWHERE. :rolleyes:)

Few posts that disagree with the change have been worth reading...  Most are End of the World crap and threats of some form about quitting and bashing each other and/or HiTech and the game.  OH, for those of you who DO quit over this; Bye.  Don't let the door hit ya on the way out...

Now, what I think about the change that has happened:

I could give a crap less about it.  I didn't before, when it was 1 hour, and don't now.  HOWEVER, I am well aware that there are people who like to change countries to meet up with friends, for perks by switching to the low number side, and those who really believe in the balancing of gameplay.  As such, I honestly do believe that 12 hours is quite harsh.  In fact, 1 hour seemed fine to me.

As bustr roughly put it though, "there are one or more reasons why HiTech made this change.  And while we can only speculate on to what these reasons are, in the end it is up to HiTech or one of his crew, to post why it was made.".

Until then, can I gets me a sit down and a bit of that pop corn and a brew here? :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »
I must say that this change really won't affect me personally, since my squadron is one of those that doesn't switch sides much (almost never, grumble rabble rabble)...  But this certainly does seem heavy handed.  Is the spying really that big of a problem?  Doesn't seem to be to me...  But then again, I almost never ever ever join the base taking missions that get posted.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »
"There are no fights anywhere" (That can be the BIGGEST load of steamy hockey puck I hear as an excuse.  EVERY time I log in, I see some kind of fight going on SOMEWHERE. :rolleyes:)

I'm sure what you consider "a fight", I and many others consider a boring EZ mode green horde.  Now we are forced to partake in it or log off.

Few posts that disagree with the change have been worth reading...  Most are End of the World crap and threats of some form about quitting and bashing each other and/or HiTech and the game.  OH, for those of you who DO quit over this; Bye.  Don't let the door hit ya on the way out...

Foolish.  The numbers have already been on the steady decline for the past year or so now.  How will your gaming experience be any better if there are even less players online flying?  Or do you actually think the net result of this change will be positive player growth?  If so, how?

As bustr roughly put it though, "there are one or more reasons why HiTech made this change.  And while we can only speculate on to what these reasons are, in the end it is up to HiTech or one of his crew, to post why it was made.".

Yep, and until he does, I will just have to assume certain things that will get me Rule 4'd if I elaborate upon.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »
Funny what you consider a whine.  I simply asked if I am truly seeing all these grown men kicking and screaming like 2 years olds over this change.  I dont care if HTC has a 12 hour or 12 min timer on switching sides, I could care less as it doesnt effect me as I dont need to dive in to a 50 man circle-jerk furball, I dont need a 5/10/15 ENY plane, and I dont have to have 100's of enemy players to enjoy AH.  It isnt the end of the world.      

I did not consider it a whine.... but some did. I considered it a discussion.

So your posting in a thread that doesn't affect you. One post should be sufficient. Maybe even one post too many.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:37:47 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
Is this about spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iies? If so it is a silly reaction. I seriously doubt spying is that big of an issue, I would think all squads have some folks that "refuse" to go along with such gameplay! With that said I do believe there is a coningent of folks who will scan the map to find a CV then switch to bombzilla it for scoring purposes. I would think these folks are the opportunists and work almost exclusively separate from their squads.

I would be shocked if say the lions share of members of the pigs, rejects, WOT, bops, muppets, etc etc would participate in any thing that had any unfairly conjured intell for their bennefit. I just don't believe the game matters all that much to most, this is why I think the spying is almost always a solitary endeavor. If I'm correct about this then 12 hours is a monumental knee jerk reaction and the issue could be handled much more efficiently by restricting loadouts so the individuals who switched could not take advantage of their voyeristic tendencies.

JUGgler
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:57:33 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2011, 12:02:18 PM »
I must say that this change really won't affect me personally, since my squadron is one of those that doesn't switch sides much (almost never, grumble rabble rabble)...  But this certainly does seem heavy handed.  Is the spying really that big of a problem?  Doesn't seem to be to me...  But then again, I almost never ever ever join the base taking missions that get posted.

Yes it is. You see someone (not naming names, but a few have been really suspicious) log on and an hour later, you see 30 red dots flying over a CV strategically placed in the middle of nowhere.

Or you fly a low NOE mission to a base that hasnt been blinking in hours. No dar bar. and when you get there have 15 uppers waiting on you. Try again, 15 mins later at another airfield and AGAIN more uppers waiting in a CAP from 2K-15K. Its a PITA and I accept this change WITH BIG OPEN ARMS

THANK YOU HITECH
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »

or you fly a low NOE mission to a base that hasnt been blinking in hours. No dar bar. and when you get there have 15 uppers waiting on you. Try again, 15 mins later at another airfield and AGAIN more uppers waiting in a CAP from 2K-15K. Its a PITA and I accept this change WITH BIG OPEN ARMS

Ah, mmkay...  I'm guessing that your main goal is to avoid air combat at all costs then...

Whatever floats your boat, I guess...   :rolleyes:

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2011, 12:26:12 PM »
Ah, mmkay...  I'm guessing that your main goal is to avoid air combat at all costs then...

Whatever floats your boat, I guess...   :rolleyes:

That's easier to accept rather than admit your missions are not well planned or poorly executed. It must be spies  :lol

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »
If someone finds the strategy in this game engaging, then they are simpletons.  HTC started down this road of catering to simpletons long ago.  It seemed to be a good decision because the world is mostly simpletons. However, a slippery slope was created and once they started down that slope, it has been difficult to stop.  The game has become filled with simpletons.  You see, the problem is intrinsic, simpletons like things simple.  They don't fight each other and they want things even simpler as time goes on because they need more and more "simple" to get their high.  Not only that, but they blame paper tigers such as spies for their failures.  The game has changed to cater to the simpletons over and over again.  The people that like the more advanced concepts of the game have left or are leaving because there are no fights and the simpletons leave because they are simple and therefore have short attention spans or they move to a simpler game.  This is why the game is shrinking.  

I apologize ahead of time if the truth hurts some of your feelings.  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »
Is this about spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iies?
JUGgler

I can't think of any other reason for it.  Isn't the more or less stated purpose of the delay to prevent people from switching from their 'home', checking stuff out on the other side, then switching back to take advantage?

I just don't get it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:00:06 PM by hitech »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »

Hmm, looking at your snapshots I believe you validate my point. I said I was bish, your 1st photo shows a bit of action at 201 , but alas the action is "green hordy". The following 2 pictures shows a dead arena for bish, but if I'm patient for another 10.5 hours I might choose the correct country and have something to do. TY for validating my point  :salute

JUGgler

:rofl :rofl :rofl.  I spent all the time fighting with bishops in some pretty cool fights a few of us a few of them.  and there was no horde.  I am validating your point that you lied about saying there was no fights.  just say there were no fights you liked and that's a  different story.  by the time i logged then the bishops started hording at their normal time.  around 2 am pst.  but I was too tired and went to sleep.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »
I don't suppose a considered option was to make the strategic system intricate enough to prevent a single "spy" from ruining everything?

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »
I don't suppose a considered option was to make the strategic system intricate enough to prevent a single "spy" from ruining everything?

If you have an idea how to do that... I for one would be very interested to hear about it :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman