Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13731 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »
I don't suppose a considered option was to make the strategic system intricate enough to prevent a single "spy" from ruining everything?

don't you dare ruining my simplemon fun!
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »
The problem with making it less simplistic is, people use this to relax.  I don't think anybody is capable of logging in daily and playing for a few hours in an environment where everything they do has to be coordinated with their entire side, and timed down to the minute or tighter, with an enforced chain of command.  That's a recipe for burnout.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl.  I spent all the time fighting with bishops in some pretty cool fights a few of us a few of them.  and there was no horde.  I am validating your point that you lied about saying there was no fights.  just say there were no fights you liked and that's a  different story.  by the time i logged then the bishops started hording at their normal time.  around 2 am pst.  but I was too tired and went to sleep.

semp

Maybe you fly in the horde so much you can't tell the difference  :lol

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2011, 01:31:08 PM »
I see a lot of hyperbole in this thread.  I enjoyed countless great furballs when the timer was set to 12 hours, and I imagine they'll remain.

In any event, isn't H2H coming soon?  That should provide a good venue for reasonably-sized furballs when the LW arena side switch timer proves problematic.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »
You call driving 30 110s aand goon to a base "finding a fight"? Looks to me like you just want to horde a base and have little oppostion so you can win t3h warz!

No I didn't... What makes you think I did?
vNucks

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2011, 02:20:53 PM »

If you have an idea how to do that... I for one would be very interested to hear about it :)

Stay tuned :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »
Maybe you fly in the horde so much you can't tell the difference  :lol

yeah our horde of 4 or 5 players was fighting against their horde of 4 or 5 uppers.   I am telling you this horde thing gotta stop.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2011, 02:43:01 PM »
Moan
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »
reading this thread has given me the most laughs of anything on the bbs other than the cartoons.
DHawk
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2011, 02:51:24 PM »
I'm sure what you consider "a fight", I and many others consider a boring EZ mode green horde.  Now we are forced to partake in it or log off.

Foolish.  The numbers have already been on the steady decline for the past year or so now.  How will your gaming experience be any better if there are even less players online flying?  Or do you actually think the net result of this change will be positive player growth?  If so, how?

Yep, and until he does, I will just have to assume certain things that will get me Rule 4'd if I elaborate upon.

And the responce you're looking for to a post like that is?...

A.  Yes masta, here is your silver platter just he way you want it.

B.  Good ridance, I'm getting tired of all you lazy old-timers that are aparently "great at everything in this game" except at starting your own fights/action, the one thing you guys complain about more than anyhting else and obviously have the least ability or experience with.  So just admit you can't hang and stop pissing in everyone else's cherrios (unless you do believe in A - in which case we can't eat our cherrios without your permision anyways).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:57:47 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2011, 02:56:30 PM »
reading this thread has given me the most laughs of anything on the bbs other than the cartoons.
DHawk

Im curious what the reimbursables at HTC are gonna look like this week:

-Lawn chairs - x12
-Popcorn - 2tons
-Ice - 20bags
-Beer - 3kegs
-Soda - 24pk
-Stomache pumping - x3
-EMT assistance: hyperventalation assistance - x7
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »

B.  Good ridance, I'm getting tired of all you lazy old-timers that are aparently "great at everything in this game" except at starting your own fights/action, the one thing you guys complain about more than anyhting else and obviously have the least ability or experience with.  So just admit you can't hang and stop pissing in everyone else's cherrios (unless you do believe in A - in which case we can't eat our cherrios without your permision anyways).

Grizz, leave him alone, he is the commanding officer of the third wing of his megasquad.  I'm sure he has a lot of requisitions to sign and stuff...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »

:rofl

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »
 :rofl

Now Slash  we don't know anything about starting fights, unbelieveable  :lol That squad duel really left a bitter taste in their mouths  :lol I'm still waiting for a Pig to make a point in this thread. :huh
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:15:13 PM by Bear76 »