Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13748 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2011, 04:50:57 PM »
As one who switched for the fight or to even the numbers, your mention of perk points for kills shoots down your argument with me.  Don't use perks.  Couldn't tell you how many I have after all this time.  Don't care.

There was no fight on our "front' last night.  I was bored to tears and logged off since I'd moved to where my squad mates were flying.  I have no interest in bombing things.  Ironically I got called out for being at the only enemy field with a dar bar as part of the horde, and was informed that respect for my squad had been lost, etc.

I'd have happily been over with the complainer fighting that same horde.  Instead I was left to do slow rolls through the ack.  We tried to get a fight going elsewhere without success despite saying we were going to be at a certain spot looking for a fight.  I ended up augering for lack of combat and logged off.

I'm hard pressed to believe that there was something going on in the game so serious as to totally remove the ability to bounce when the fight disappears.

Dan i understand I'm the same as you i don't fly perked planes either except when i want to give someone my 262 perks ( that's another story), i don't really know what reasoning there is behind this, again that's for Hi tech to set straight, maybe they seen something on the game logs to warrant it ( can they review gameplay?) it's just all speculation till he gives us his reasoning, not that we are entitled to one but never the less some word would be nice.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2011, 04:52:26 PM »
As an example, maybe HTC should increase the dar ring size again, because we know that didn't bother the "win the warz" types at all. As a fighter guy I loved it. Made it VERY easy to see where the enemy was and all I had to do was catch them.  :D

I don't know "why" HTC did this change, but I've always said that the "leaders" in this game better help police the crap that is going on or HTC will "fix" the issues their way. This is another example of a problem that may have been solvable by squad leaders (if it was spying crap) policing their own squads instead of letting it get out of hand.

I think HTC might get a better response to what they are trying to do if they explain "what" it is they are trying to do instead of just slapping everyone with a new rule/condition.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »

I for one like the rule....

For the old Airwarrior types this isn't anything new. In AW the lockin time was a lot longer and if you was in a Sqdn.... only the sqdn. Co. was able to switch sides for the Sqdn.You as a Sqdn member wasn't able to switch sides at all.  :O own your own.  :huh

Cavalry
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2011, 04:57:14 PM »
someone needs a lil bit more patience... yeah you may not like 12 hours now but you don't think HTC may change it to a lower time limit soon once they get ideas on what the 12 hours is doing wrong IF it's doing something wrong? patience suns <S>

HTC, what was the rational behind the change?

Thank you
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: July 20, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »
Why not start at a two hour delay and see how that goes?   :headscratch:  One hour was perfectly reasonable but two wouldn't be unreasonable.
Twelve hours?  Did Hitech's noe mission get spotted again?  :neener:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2011, 05:07:05 PM »
HTC, what was the rational behind the change?

Thank you

The rational for changing it to 1 hour when we went to 2 arenas was because the 2 arena format caused an almost constant imbalance between countries and the need arose to be able to change countries when you changed arenas. Now that we are back to one 1 arena , we have gone back to 12 hours, it was only an oversight that it was not done at the same time we changed to 1 arena.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
As an example, maybe HTC should increase the dar ring size again, because we know that didn't bother the "win the warz" types at all. As a fighter guy I loved it. Made it VERY easy to see where the enemy was and all I had to do was catch them.  :D

Right now, there are only two changes in settings which could make me stomp my feet, hold my breath and threatening to cancel my account: The return of the old caps system and the increased dar circles.  :uhoh  :bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »
The rational for changing it to 1 hour when we went to 2 arenas was because the 2 arena format caused an almost constant imbalance between countries and the need arose to be able to change countries when you changed arenas. Now that we are back to one 1 arena , we have gone back to 12 hours, it was only an oversight that it was not done at the same time we changed to 1 arena.

HiTech

Any plans then to bring back local ENY?
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »
Quit your crying, grab some bombs, and go take that base!! You want to have fun?!?! Tough!! Get on board for the big win boy or get to stepping. The time for you dinosaurs is over, it's the dawn of a new age.

Now Slash  we don't know anything about starting fights, unbelieveable  :lol That squad duel really left a bitter taste in their mouths  :lol I'm still waiting for a Pig to make a point in this thread. :huh

Just saying, you know darn-well there are a dozen other ways to start a fight in this game than what you've spouted out.  Real shame too you quoted that post and took it so far outa context, Guppy was finally going somewhere with this thread too, after the first 17 pages of you muppets just watering HTC's landscape with your tears.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2011, 05:20:42 PM »
It seems simple enough to me. If they change the game for the worst, go find another game. Im sure IL2 or warbirds would love some new customers.

or real life. I just got a new 870 12 gauge....anyone wanna come over and shoot some toejam?
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
Any plans then to bring back local ENY?

I did not know we ever had local eny...

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »
I did not know we ever had local eny...
Oh I stand corrected, I though back in late '08 we had local ENY based on the zone area. or was that just for rebuild times?
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #267 on: July 20, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
On the serious side and for the sake of good discussion noone has really touched on the real issue.  HTC has changed the country switch time limit from 1 hour to 12 hours because of something that is having an impact on the game.  What exactly that is...only HTC knows at this point.  Are they trying to curb a player behavior that is detrimental to the game, or are they trying to encourage a positive behavior that is good for the game?  :headscratch:

HUSH WAYSTIN!!!!  We're nothing but the degenerate COs of elements of a single "megasquad" of miscreants and undesireables!  :noid

Everyone saw nothing!  We are here only to incite and troll and drag down this community as we take an opinionated stand against it's enlightened grand-pubas, carry on!
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2011, 05:24:37 PM »
Oh I stand corrected, I though back in late '08 we had local ENY based on the zone area. or was that just for rebuild times?

Zone was just for factories and supply routes

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2011, 05:25:40 PM »

Zone was just for factories and supply routes

oh  :( ok... poor memory then I guess.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)