Author Topic: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA  (Read 13428 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: News: 12hrs side-switch LWA
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2011, 05:29:03 PM »
The rational for changing it to 1 hour when we went to 2 arenas was because the 2 arena format caused an almost constant imbalance between countries and the need arose to be able to change countries when you changed arenas. Now that we are back to one 1 arena , we have gone back to 12 hours, it was only an oversight that it was not done at the same time we changed to 1 arena.

HiTech

Appreciate the reply HiTech.  In your vision of the game is your wish for there to be 'loyalty' to a chess piece in the hopes of keeping numbers balanced?

edited to correct lousy spelling on my part :)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:32:17 PM by Guppy35 »
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »
it's enlightened grand-pubas

easy son there is only 1 undisputed grand puba.  As for Waystin...tell him a " trip to the garage " is necessary to ponder this issue.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2011, 05:50:38 PM »

easy son there is only 1 undisputed grand puba.  As for Waystin...tell him a " trip to the garage " is necessary to ponder this issue.

Who says me and him haven't been there with our lawn chairs for... *checks the start time of this thread*... 25.5 hours now.  :D

And to any muppets taking this personaly, as I'm starting to too with the low blows, easy.  I have nothing against any of you guys except with this issue that I think you've been blowing irrationaly out of proportion, especialy if you're trying to constructively get something done about it.

Obviously it's not reverting, it's here for a reason.  However, I have also not seen anyone wholeheartedly defend the decision either, so there is a desire within the community that you are sided with about something else being done about the core issue.  I'm sure there is some middleground to be gained on this issue, however it will never be a number between 1 and 12, and we can assume it will require in practice either one or zero side changes per day as would be desired by the maker of the game.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2011, 06:05:44 PM »
It seems simple enough to me. If they change the game for the worst, go find another game. Im sure IL2 or warbirds would love some new customers.

Folks, it's not like you're imprisoned in the Late War arena.  We have at least four 24/7 arenas besides LW that would love to see more players, and that have much shorter side-change times (and in at least one case, no limit at all).  Move yourself, move your squadrons to one (or more) of the alternates.

- oldman (What's that, you only fly late war planes?  How sad.)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2011, 06:12:10 PM »
Appreciate the reply HiTech.  In your vision of the game is your wish for there to be 'loyalty' to a chess piece in the hopes of keeping numbers balanced?

edited to correct lousy spelling on my part :)

You need to ask Ardy to ask him like Bar did.  He is only answering Ardy right now.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »

I don't think it's meant to enforce loyalty so much as to avoid rapid fluctuations in numbers from one side to the next.  Folks can still change countries every day, but it should prevent wild swings in numbers from one side to the next over a several hour period.  If anything, you can expect that if you switch to the side with lower numbers for night, it'll probably remain the side with lower numbers for the rest of the evening.  In the very least, it probably won't become the side with overwhelming numbers within 30 minutes as everyone switches for low-cost perk rides and/or to balance things out.

If anything, that kind of stability might lead to better furballs in a large arena over the course of an evening.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »
I don't think it's meant to enforce loyalty so much as to avoid rapid fluctuations in numbers from one side to the next.  Folks can still change countries every day, but it should prevent wild swings in numbers from one side to the next over a several hour period.  If anything, you can expect that if you switch to the side with lower numbers for night, it'll probably remain the side with lower numbers for the rest of the evening.  In the very least, it probably won't become the side with overwhelming numbers within 30 minutes as everyone switches for low-cost perk rides and/or to balance things out.

If anything, that kind of stability might lead to better furballs in a large arena over the course of an evening.

I wonder if there is a way to have it work similar to the way the late night single arena popped in when we had the two arena set up?  A lot of the guys questioning it seem to fly late night like I can only manage.  Maybe limit the side 12 hour side switch bit to prime time and allow for 1 hour switching after a certain point in the night or the arena number drops to a certain point, in particular with larger maps.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:46 PM »
That's a good statement, but on page 8 you seem to contradict what you posted above. just pointing that out, have a good day  :salute
[/quoue]

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:34:19 PM by Bear76 »

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2011, 06:36:46 PM »
(which also conveniently nets the highest gain in perks for kills made)

A little too conveniently if you ask me  :noid
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:49:21 PM by Tordon22 »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2011, 06:39:25 PM »
So you're admitting to having no problem picking and choosing where and when you can or want to have a fight that suits your aparently long list of specific needs and qualifications?!

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

So what is the problem you guys have with this change and the purpose of this rapidly growing thread?

:lol  :rofl  :lol  :rofl

Someone call a shrink!  Preferabley Bip's!

I say we use your shrink, but he apparently hasn't help you.  :lol

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
I assumed you were being humorous in your statement, thus my response. I had no idea you were being serious. Apparently I was wrong. My statement still stands.

Bear that wasn't directed at you, i that was in responce to Fujitas posts he posted earlier. Banter is Banter so i don't take it seriously unless I'm personally attacked. i'm sure other people feel the same.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »
OK, now I'm surprised.... I mean it is a predictable fanatical responce to a sarcastic hypothetical... but I didn't know it would get THAT much under your skins and sting, sting, STING.  

I, seriously, think you guys just need to take a step back for one bit.  I'm not saying give up your crusade, but take a step back, at least enough to get marching down the right path as you guys are on the wrong one.  Every post you proclaim about being unable to repeatabley jump around instantly to the fight that suits your desires/needs best I personaly feel defends HiTechs decision for this change, given other complaints on the environment of the gameplay.

This is a decision one way or the other by the maker of the game.  As far as our part is concerened, the decision being made as a result is if you are on the side that conforms to the game and its current environment to reach your goals and reap your profits, or are you on the side that uses the game to create your own goals and reap your profits.  

To a hypothetical squad of lone wolves that roam around to the country with the least numbers (which also conveniently nets the highest gain in perks for kills made) looking to feast and gorge itself upon the greatest fight to be found in all of the land, in a hypothetical game environment and community that has as a majority been demanding for months that something be done to increase the amount of fights available across the fronts instead of the norm of "all moths being atracted to the biggest flame", something is going to have to give if any change to address the demands of the community as a whole is to be made.

And now personal attacks?  Jabs at my squad?  Really?  Again, I am surprised but shouldn't be, I should expect nothing less from those that inherited 100% of the teenage members of my "megasquad's" IIIrd Wing and is proud of it.  Actually, come to think of it, AoM has soo many exPOTW members that have no sincere hate or hostility twords us, you guys just might as well call yourselves our IV-Wing (ooof, forgot, you'll have to first fight an emotional public tirade with Twitchy over the right to do that first... but since you've already got a doosey of one going here...).

I now return to pointing and laughing with the majority.

Ah the ex-Pigs, now I understand your reactions. You will never get under our skins :D This is a game, no one hates anyone, but it is a hoot watching you guys try  :lol

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »
You need to ask Ardy to ask him like Bar did.  He is only answering Ardy right now.
if you think that then you should reread the conversation a bit. i asked for a clearing up of a statement said, got it, then all i said was for suns to have patience. ardy was the only one who fowardly asked HT why the change unlike the last 17 pages before the post <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »
So what is the problem you guys have with this change and the purpose of this rapidly growing thread?

What perturbs me is the nature of how drastic the change is.  A 1200% increase in the time in which you cannot switch sides for.  A 1200% increase in any setting is excessively large.  And that is all the more I'm going to say on the subject matter before Hitech turns me into a powdery dust and blows my ashes off the Cliffs of Moher.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
Bear that wasn't directed at you, i that was in responce to Fujitas posts he posted earlier. Banter is Banter so i don't take it seriously unless I'm personally attacked. i'm sure other people feel the same.

It really is futile to try to get under or skins. Babs put a lot of effort in and I commend him for trying, but it just doesn't work. Our hides are much too thick  :lol