Author Topic: KING TIGUHHHH  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: KING TIGUHHHH
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 05:24:39 PM »

EW is an empty arena, and will continue to be if you add a Panzer III. Similar goes for MW. About 95% of the playing time happens in LW arena. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a few more "light" tanks, but you are trying to sell off your  personal preference as an absolute benchmark ;)
So just because its empty, we should give up on it? Its empty because its lacking so much compared to the mid/late wars.  It cant keep a crowd because It doesnt get any support from the staff. Give it a good plane/gv set instead of the joke thats in there now, and it might just see a rise in players. even the 20-30 player count mid gets would be good enough to get EW back on its feet.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 05:26:09 PM »
So HTC wastes there time creating a tank that is currently NOT needed within the game, instead of modeling the m3 lee, PnzerIII,Cromwell, Churchill, or any other Early War tank that IS needed in the game more than this "king" tiger?

Wow, way to really use your resources HTC. i wonder more and more each day why i pay $14.99 a month to play this game... :bhead

Sniffle :cry
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 05:30:56 PM »
So just because its empty, we should give up on it? Its empty because its lacking so much compared to the mid/late wars.  It cant keep a crowd because It doesnt get any support from the staff. Give it a good plane/gv set instead of the joke thats in there now, and it might just see a rise in players. even the 20-30 player count mid gets would be good enough to get EW back on its feet.

I remember very well when the Brewster and the I-16 were announced a lot of people predicted and increas in EW population. Not me, and unfortunately I was right, even though the B-239 has a devastating performance in EW and even the I-16 can hold it's own there much better than in LW. At this point, it does hardly matter what GV or plane will be added to the set. The reasons why EW is empty (it currently has about 1% of LW playing time) are a bit more complex than that, and don't forget one of the biggest ones: The players and how some squads did everything to wreck gameplay there until everyone was driven away.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 05:34:47 PM »
I'm curious to see the perk cost.  Hopefully pretty pricey.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »
A Tiger?  In Africa?

***G3-MF***

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »
I'm curious to see the perk cost.  Hopefully pretty pricey.

262ish I would hope.

How does the rear armor compare to the Tiger?

M-3 o'death.   :devil

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »
How does the rear armor compare to the Tiger?

Same nominal thickness, but greater slope.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »
A Tiger?  In Africa?

Tunisia to be specific.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »
People only go to ew and mw for perk horden. That game did need a commanding gv that needed to bombed like the old days with the tiger1/ needed another tiger to kill it. Plus she is gorgeous. Now where's my pby:)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
So just because its empty, we should give up on it? Its empty because its lacking so much compared to the mid/late wars.

No, its empty because people can't fly their spit 16's, la-7's, and P-51's. If you split the arenas up into years of combat, you would likely see a parabolic slope in arena population going up from 1939 at the lowest to 1945 at the highest. Oh there might be a few anomalies but most likely it would look like I described.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »
So HTC wastes there time creating a tank that is currently NOT needed within the game, instead of modeling the m3 lee, PnzerIII,Cromwell, Churchill, or any other Early War tank that IS needed in the game more than this "king" tiger?

Wow, way to really use your resources HTC. i wonder more and more each day why i pay $14.99 a month to play this game... :bhead
Look at it this way they are now one tank closer to what you want.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »
 :aok

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »
Compare the GV list for late-war vehicles, with the GV list of Early War vehicles.

or hell, even Mid-war gv's with Early War.

The early war gv/plane list deserves to be filled out way before more is added to late/middle.

compare the list of early war vehicles to the number of people playing early war.  :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
I think to make it fair, it should be just like the first Tiger II's ever given to the Panzer-Lehr Division and only have 1 in 6 T2's you spawn actually work. Seems fitting since the first five issued broke down and were destroyed before they could ever fire a hostile round.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »

***G3-MF***