Author Topic: Why do you fly?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Why do you fly?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 01:54:58 AM »
I fly to forget reality. I forget all of my issues at home and work.

Watching the bad guys spiral down is just icing on the cake.
 :salute
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 05:50:17 AM »
I play because AH is the ultimate FPS, and much better than Xbox.
Strokes

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 05:54:33 AM »
the feeling of the wind on my balls

(OK not really...it's the fun and the challenge...the two are inextricably entwined for me)

as Stokes implied, it's the toughest game out there ;]
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 06:35:57 AM »
Cause it's as close as a guy with a 45 year old obsession with WW2 aviation can get to flying WW2 birds in combat, at least in his imagination.  Of course getting to do that with other folks who play the game makes a big difference too :)
:aok
Absolutely the same for me, and the addition of not having to do anything more than enjoy. The latter is why I don't join a squad, I tried it long in the past, but even the most open and free still make me feel constrained, if only in my own perception. This one of two ways to escape. My second is taking the Jeep deep in the woods and enjoying roads that were built in the 17th and 18th century.

Thank you Hi-Tech and all the rest of you in the cyber skies for all of this fun for a tenth of what most people who smoke spend on cigarettes.

Bob (jeep00)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 06:48:50 AM »
i fly because its as close to a real WWII plane as ill ever get. as someone said, our imagination is our best friend. not only that but 2 years ago, i found out, i was brought up in the town in germany that was the training facility for JG54. pretty cool coincidence.

I love the game, i love the people, I've found in this game there one thing people haven't learned. if you're mad at someone in the game, call him up and talk to him. i guarantee you wont be mad anymore. people in here are the greatest, they just put on a persona just for the game.

just remember its a game and have fun!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »
Because I am no longer allowed onto Teterboro property.     :noid

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 10:33:51 AM »
It's fun, I've got good friends, and it's a great way to relax.  You can't be thinking about anything else when you're furballing.  Also, like a lot of others, closest I'll ever get to flying a single-seat plane aerobatically.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
I love the game, i love the people, I've found in this game there one thing people haven't learned. if you're mad at someone in the game, call him up and talk to him. i guarantee you wont be mad anymore. people in here are the greatest, they just put on a persona just for the game.

Agreed, I've flown with just about every person in the game, and many now gone. Its kinda sad how most think of the red icons as just that - icons, and nothing more, or else that the people behind the icons are issued with horns and a tail.

Hell, even the vTARDS are good people. Not my favorite group to say the least, but individually they're all great guys.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »
At first I flew because it was ww2 and warbirds died and I still wanted to play year types of games. Then I wanted to be good with reversals and ACM. the third and final now is to be known around AH community before I will be for to quit when I goto college which is in 2 years :)

Anything else I enjoy flying with my squad in the middle of the day aswell. :) :airplane:

Be known in the AH community. Very Fewish of you.

My reason? Simple:

F

S

O
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »
I fly because chicks' dig it.  :cool:

.........   Chicks do dig my Ride   :D

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 12:34:10 AM »
I fly because the trip is too far to drive comfortably.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder