Author Topic: HO or no HO?  (Read 6733 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: HO or no HO?
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »
:headscratch: Well, based on everything I'm reading here, and knowing my original question was a close call, if I had to do it again, I'd take the shot.

At the time I didn't know if anyone might be just outside icon range or upping from the enemy base, and I wouldn't want to end up even slower and lower than I already was.  I had a good shot, took it, and glad I did, although i understand some might consider it cheap.   It was close, but I'd rather gather up alt and speed, which takes time, for the next fight than to keep this one going any longer since we already dropped our speed and alt so much.

:old: The key point being it will take some time to rebuild E after a slow turnfight, so the quicker one can get started the better.

Thanks for taking a look at it.  Much appreciate the feedback. :aok

:airplane: :joystick:

:salute DMGOD for a fun fight which did last several turns.  :ahand

A good pilot wouldn't have gotten himself in the position where he might have to decide on a shot like that one. Just saying.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: HO or no HO?
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2011, 12:40:21 AM »
A good pilot wouldn't have gotten himself in the position where he might have to decide on a shot like that one. Just saying.

ehhhh... it's a fairly common angle (and shot.) and you don't always know who you're up against or what may be inbound...

it's somewhat contextual too, if it was at speed, ie the second or third merge, then ehhhhh and since it was in the horizontal and not vertical, at stall speeds taking the shot... eh.  if it were in the vertical it'd be a discussion about a rope and the stall/front qte shot.  <or at least the apparent stall/FQ shot - right grizz?  :noid :banana: > in the vert it becomes more acceptable in a sense. There's a fine art to roping. They still get miffed tho', but not as vocal as the horizontal crowd.

In the MA, anything goes.  DM was just unhappy he didn't get the fight he was looking for, Midway is just trying (and too hard at that) to find the acceptable "line." I think he has, yet it will continue to evolve into his own line, with experience.

Could be one helluva troll for all I care, lol.  Maybe he's actually Levi?  :noid

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798