Author Topic: Is it supporting your ground forces or busting up a tank fight?  (Read 858 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Is it supporting your ground forces or busting up a tank fight?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
I think we're all in concensus: Bombing GV's is bad unless an AIRFIELD is under direct attack, or someone else brought bombs first. So, that being said, lets lay down some ground rules. We'll call it the 2011 Aces Convention.

Article 1: Under no circumstances are GV's to be bombed unless an airfield (note, not Vbase or port) is under direct attack (intent of the tankers is to capture the field), or in a retalitory manner to an observed violation of this treaty by the enemy.

Article 2: At a GV vs GV fight (including double spawns at airfields) fighters are not to protect, defend, or assist in anyway, GV-buster aircraft. These aircraft include the A20G, Boston III, Ju-87, Il-2, TBM, B-25H, or the Lancaster. Any Bomber-type or attack aircraft seen at an altitude of less than 4000' AGL are to be assumed as GV hunters, and no aid is to be given.

Article 3: Spotting of tanks is concidered the verbal announcment of a tank, or the straffing of the tank by weapons of caliber no larger than 30mm.

Any questions  :D?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »
I will bomb GVs when and where they need to be bombed.  Sorry, but only a small percentage of players even read the forums.

That said, I rarely feel like seeking out GVs to bomb and will usually only show up when air support is called for.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 10:54:36 PM »
  I have read recent posts in which people say they are supporting their ground forces by bombing the gv's and that it was realistic in THE WAR.  This is A GAME, and some of these tank fights have no goal other than a tank fight(ground level furball?), would it be considered support or interferrence?  IMHO if they are attacking or defending a base, they are fair game, but some of these spawn battles are just gv'ers trying to play tanks.
  It has been said to have a friendly CAP...that's boring for the guys flying around waiting for something to happen... how may times is a cv capped?
  Has also been said to have aaa standing by...most gv'ers don't want to take a flak to a tank fight, they just up them in response to the air attacks.
  I don't think I have ever heard a gv'er on country ask for bombers to come help out at a good gv fight......

Just saying

i will only bomb you under local country's OK and/or request. (Sherman's need help against tigers)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 10:58:03 PM »
I think we're all in concensus: Bombing GV's is bad unless an AIRFIELD is under direct attack, or someone else brought bombs first. So, that being said, lets lay down some ground rules. We'll call it the 2011 Aces Convention.

Article 1: Under no circumstances are GV's to be bombed unless an airfield (note, not Vbase or port) is under direct attack (intent of the tankers is to capture the field), or in a retalitory manner to an observed violation of this treaty by the enemy.

Article 2: At a GV vs GV fight (including double spawns at airfields) fighters are not to protect, defend, or assist in anyway, GV-buster aircraft. These aircraft include the A20G, Boston III, Ju-87, Il-2, TBM, B-25H, or the Lancaster. Any Bomber-type or attack aircraft seen at an altitude of less than 4000' AGL are to be assumed as GV hunters, and no aid is to be given.

Article 3: Spotting of tanks is concidered the verbal announcment of a tank, or the straffing of the tank by weapons of caliber no larger than 30mm.

Any questions  :D?

Its only fair for planes to defend port or vbases, not everbody is interested in a "tank battle" some people like myself can see it as a offencive threat to take a base. HOWEVER if there is a spawn that spawns out to the middle of no aicrafts buisness then i guess il live.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
GV fights = bombs from people like you
Bombs = perk tanks die
loss of perks = retalitory bombing
bombing = retalitory bombing to my retaliation

that means I don't get to tank because I'm going to have bombs falling
Since I don't get to tank, I might as well revenge bomb you because I lost perks
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 11:35:56 PM »
If you don't want aircraft attacking tanks take all the tank busters totally out of the game no more IL2, hurri D and no more asking for the tank busting stuka. Problem solved as far as ground attack planes go.
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 11:49:54 PM »
like I said, GV's attacking an AIRfield? OK, go bomb the crap outa them. Up an Il-2, up your Ju-87G. Its what I do. But I only bomb GV's attacking an airbase, in revenge for bombing my perk tank, and spawn campers.

If I didn't loose any perks, if you're not attacking an airbase or camping, you're fine.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
just came back to aces high today... i like upping the hurri2d to help defend a vbase... its all about role play to me really... i up, see if anyone needs some place for me to mark with the small gun and try to get some 40mm shots in the target (failing at it all the time) god dangit i suck at it but i still have fun, IMO its funner then dropping eggs on their heads to get kills.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 12:20:02 AM »
This is A GAME

Just saying

Since this is a "game" then you surely wont mind if i were to up lancs then bomb you at 1k.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 12:53:44 AM »
what about the guy that enjoys bombing tanks, can you imagine how rediculous this sounds to him.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 01:34:52 AM »
Come to that, neither is there any reason that the A20, Boston, Mossie 16, Ju-87, D3A, B5N, or the SBD to have F3 view. Its just representing the multiple gun possitions alearting the rest of the bomber crew if a fighter is seen.
A-20 and Boston actually both had ventral turrets, which will most likely be fixed when they are updated. That would give them a reason for F3 since the Ju-88 basically has the same positions. The Mossie 16 doesn't even have guns, so at least give it something. For the Ju-87, SBD and D3A this does seem as a valid argument for removing F3 since it has the same arrangement as the Il-2. However, the B5N had a 3 person crew, so F3 should stay enabled on it, since it had 3 pairs of eyes looking out for trouble.
what about the guy that enjoys bombing tanks, can you imagine how rediculous this sounds to him.

As a person who loves ground attack, tankers need to realize that they really are the only worthwhile targets for us.
Now if there was a very large train system, not just limited to strat resupply, we'd have something to distract us.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline zippo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 07:50:36 AM »

Since this is a "game" then you surely wont mind if i were to up lancs then bomb you at 1k.
Naw.. Lancs at 1k.. go for it..i can prolly get a shot off at u with the main gun.  At least have a chance to shoot back.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »
If your GV is headed to my field or my town, I have no compunction of bombing you until you make that cute little "boom" sound.   :)

Don't BS that if there is no opposition, you aren't going to roll right in and break stuff.  You sure as hell are.  That's what this game is about - fighting and breaking stuff. 

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 09:04:08 AM »
If your GV is headed to my field or my town, I have no compunction of bombing you until you make that cute little "boom" sound.   :)

Don't BS that if there is no opposition, you aren't going to roll right in and break stuff.  You sure as hell are.  That's what this game is about - fighting and breaking stuff. 

lol, someone else who gets it
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »

From the air or the ground, the red guys must go boom! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!