Author Topic: NO MORE TANK ACK  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: NO MORE TANK ACK
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2011, 04:17:28 PM »
Aces high is a simulation using WWII stuff.  The day it quits being a simulation and becomes a console game is the day I quit.  FPS malarkey....

When is that point reached? Lot's of folks don'T play AH because it has never been a "simulation" to them, they already call it "console game". That's quite a subjective point. ;)

My question is, does it change is size as it travels downrange or does it stay XX by XX pixels (the only unit of measurement I can think of) regardless of range. 

No, the the round doesn't change it physical properties.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:20:07 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2011, 04:33:50 PM »
The GV model is already there with the new TC piece.  I think is atrocious and I might as well see a duke nukem logo when I log on.  When the cockpit is gone in the planes, that will be it for me.  Something along those lines.  As long as I still have canopy frames, I can stall, etc... life is good. 

Thanks for the feedback on the round... I really don't get it , but that is for another thread.

:salute
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »
How does the TC make Aces a consol game? You're directing the gunner to move the turret and, granted you have a circle to assist you, you still have to guess where you're aiming at. If you manage to kill something further than point blank range in the TC view, you did it by pure dumb luck.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2011, 08:33:36 PM »
You just don't get it, not in my thread on the subject... it is a copy of a rival interface

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2011, 08:50:02 PM »
Who cares if HTC didn't come up with it? If it works, if its better than the previous system, then why should we care WHO came up with it?

HTC didn't come up with the Miles Sound System, but I don't see anyone whining about it.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
The GV model is already there with the new TC piece.  I think is atrocious and I might as well see a duke nukem logo when I log on.  When the cockpit is gone in the planes, that will be it for me.  Something along those lines.  As long as I still have canopy frames, I can stall, etc... life is good. 

Thanks for the feedback on the round... I really don't get it , but that is for another thread.

:salute
I don't think you have to worry about the cockpit view going away, nor the ability to stall, other than the very old stall limiter.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »
Aces high is a simulation using WWII stuff.  The day it quits being a simulation and becomes a console game is the day I quit.  FPS malarkey....

this game has so many things missing from it that you cant really call it a legitimate true simulation.But nor is it a true console game But more closely resembles a hybred of simulation and arcade for game playability.

If it were a true simulation just taking off and flying from point A to point B alone would be so ovrly complex that many people would simply loose interest
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »
Kinda off topic, but I just played a little "world of tanks" 
Gonna go out on a limb here, but I would imagine that the designed to be similar to that game to lure in more customers. 
More customers is great, more people to shoot at!!!!
and world of tanks sucks, THATS a console game :P
 :bolt:

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »
Kinda off topic, but I just played a little "world of tanks" 
Gonna go out on a limb here, but I would imagine that the designed to be similar to that game to lure in more customers. 
More customers is great, more people to shoot at!!!!
and world of tanks sucks, THATS a console game :P
 :bolt:

See that is the point. What is the threshold ?  When do you gain more clients at the risk of the loyal ones who have discalced for years isn't it?

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2011, 12:05:01 PM »
 :huh

I wasnt making a point like that at all

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
Dirdtart,

ah = wot? NO!!!!!!!!!

I've been here since the very end of '04 under various accounts (with maybe 4 month breaks when I'm getting bored  :aok). I have yet to see Dale and the team cut realism for the sake of new members.