Author Topic: First Time for this kind of insult.  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: First Time for this kind of insult.
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »
No, the 1.5K icon  is visible out to 1750yds, at which point it switches to the 2k icon.
The 1K icon is seen from between 1k and 1250yds.
The 800yd icon is seen between 800yds and 999yds.
The 600yd between 600yds and 799yds.
400 between 400yds and 599yds.
The 200yd icon is seen between 0yds and 399yds.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »
Did a Trainer tell you this?

Those might be plane numbers, not gv.   :(
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »
Lusche did, I trust him, as he's almost always accurate with his information.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »
No, the 1.5K icon  is visible out to 1750yds, at which point it switches to the 2k icon.
The 1K icon is seen from between 1k and 1250yds.
The 800yd icon is seen between 800yds and 999yds.
The 600yd between 600yds and 799yds.
400 between 400yds and 599yds.
The 200yd icon is seen between 0yds and 399yds.
That is only true if the icon is set to be visible beyond 1.5k.  If it is set to be 1500 yards it will not show an icon at 1501 yards and will show 1.5k at 1500 yards.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2011, 04:31:32 PM »
You are ALL giveing the same unhelpfull advice. What you are saying, in effect, is either deal with the massive loss of perks that can result from bombers, ignore our panthers that are shooting at you, or just don't GV.

It's not advice that you're seeking though, you want us all to agree with you and that's not going to happen.  Like I mentioned in another thread you started about this, you basically want us all to play your way and again, as mentioned before that's not going to happen.  It's the MA, you're in a tank and there is enemy air support then you should expect to have some steel rain down on you. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »
So your saying "Play the way I want you to, or don't play at all".  Thats hardly fair, but I don't see what I can do in the face of such blind ignorance.

I think that is what you said.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
Not true ack-ack. If there was a piece of advice that was usefull, or would keep me from dying in my tank if I take it to an enemy base, then I would gladly take it. But all the advice given is either marginaly effective, or usefull only AFTER you've been bombed.

And no, I want to play the way I want to play. If I can do that without losing massive ammounts of perks to bombing (the price set by its capability in GV vs GV combat), then go ahead and bomb me till one of use dies of old age, I really don't care.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2011, 04:51:29 PM »
Shuffler, I have always loved your avatar, I'm a big fan of B25's too !!!

:aok
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
Shuffler, I have always loved your avatar, I'm a big fan of B25's too !!!

:aok

Locks the doors and pulls the shades.  :uhoh

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2011, 05:10:34 PM »
Not true ack-ack. If there was a piece of advice that was usefull, or would keep me from dying in my tank if I take it to an enemy base, then I would gladly take it. But all the advice given is either marginaly effective, or usefull only AFTER you've been bombed.

And no, I want to play the way I want to play. If I can do that without losing massive ammounts of perks to bombing (the price set by its capability in GV vs GV combat), then go ahead and bomb me till one of use dies of old age, I really don't care.

They probably would not bomb you if you upped from a back base somewhere.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2011, 05:15:22 PM »
Operation Cobra right after D-Day include massive bombers carpet bombing the crap out of hedgerow country so Bradly, Patton and Monty could actually get somewhere. It resulted in the Falaise pocket and the near collapse of the German's Western front.

I never do the GV thing so maybe it is the equivalent of a HO. I don't know but seems that any ground effort should include proper air and whirble support. I'm OK with it.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
I don't get the biasedness against tanks. Are you afraid they'll swarm over your fields and camp the runways if you don't bomb the hell out of them?

rockmor, its the equivelant of a rocket-vulch on your tempest. It royaly pisses you off because nothing you did save not upping could have prevented it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2011, 05:31:24 PM »
when i used to fly midwar, i did try to shoot tanks from my p39Q. what i did, was get to about 3-5k alt, then dive almost straight down on em, to hit the top of em.

i think i flew into the ground quite often doing this. was always good for a laugh.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
I don't get the biasedness against tanks. Are you afraid they'll swarm over your fields and camp the runways if you don't bomb the hell out of them?

rockmor, its the equivelant of a rocket-vulch on your tempest. It royaly pisses you off because nothing you did save not upping could have prevented it.

Only ones to get bombed are the least prepared.

Since your obviously so good in a tank why do you need a perk tank? I'd think that a person so good would be driving the lightest of the bunch to show how it is done.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2011, 05:40:49 PM »
At camps, I do drive the weak tanks. But if you're trying to fight another panther with an M4 then you're fighting out of your weight.

And how is upping a panther timed to reach town at the same time as bombs from a Jabo/fighter sweep mission arives being poorly prepared?